Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Buyer Beware

• Like 4

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I'm guessing that refers to the Captain Sim 777 but honestly I've zero interest in watching a video to confirm if that's the case or not.

• Like 30

CS stands for Captain Scam, right?

• Like 2

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

Buyer beware?

It clearly states on CS's website what you're getting: " Some systems use default 747 (must be installed) to provide expandability with community mods

You buy this, it's on you. 

• Like 1

Anyone who has been flightsimming for any length of time knows to avoid Captain Sim like the plague.  Their reputation is awful and always has been so far as I can remember.

• Like 2

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

6 minutes ago, cianpars said:

Anyone who has been flightsimming for any length of time knows to avoid Captain Sim like the plague.  Their reputation is awful and always has been so far as I can remember.

I agree. I can only imagine this particular developer makes their living off of newcomers that have no idea of what is good or bad or what they can actually get for their money.

• Like 4

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

What?  This news is around 1.5 years old.  The cut-and-shut Captain Sim planes that use the 747s avionics have been out at least that long.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Captain Sim were not always as bad as they are now. The Boeing 707 for FSX was a rather nice aircraft.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

7 hours ago, cianpars said:

Their reputation is awful and always has been so far as I can remember.

Waaay back in the day - think FS2k4 - people liked their C130. But that was back when hardly anyone had anything like what PMDG puts out. The quality of add-ons has almost universally gone up since those days, and CS never bothered to keep up.

CS makes such great external models, why would they ruin their reputation like this? Captain Sim is the George Santos of Flight Sim. Because flight sim has spilled over into Xbox, We have to pay closer attention if you are a PC user wanting Study Level Planes. I don't understand why Microsoft would let developer's sell the systems built into MSFS. Developer's should have to use their own models and systems. Why would someone buy a C130 with no Cockpit? I spend 99 percent of my time in the cockpit.

I remember about ten years ago, I bought an airliner for P3D. The airliner had no landing gear. While you were parked at the gate, the plane just levitated about eight feet off the ground. As it turned out, I needed to also have FSX installed to make the plane whole. Was this a Captain Sim product? It sounds like it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

8 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Captain Sim were not always as bad as they are now. The Boeing 707 for FSX was a rather nice aircraft.

They started pay to beta which has now morfed into the normal. 

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, eslader said:

Waaay back in the day - think FS2k4 - people liked their C130. But that was back when hardly anyone had anything like what PMDG puts out. The quality of add-ons has almost universally gone up since those days, and CS never bothered to keep up.

People will buy any old tat if its hyped enough 

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, Patriot3810 said:

I don't understand why Microsoft would let developer's sell the systems built into MSFS.

Why not? That's what they're there for.

I'm sure there's payware aircraft for FSX and P3D that also use default systems.

1 hour ago, Patriot3810 said:

CS makes such great external models, why would they ruin their reputation like this?

Allegedly they have no programmers left.

Edited by Tuskin38