Fenix A320 or PMDG 737

Fenix A 320 versus PMDG 737 Preference.   

302 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you like to fly the most

• Fenix Airbus A 320
    • PMDG 737
    • Like flying Both A 320 and PMDG equally

1 hour ago, somiller said:

G can't be <1.00 when the wheels touch down no matter how soft and smooth.

That's what I thought but I have had G readings like that for years with three different apps.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, somiller said:

Why is that? A g value below 1 does not mean there's no or negative acceleration, the acceleration is just slower than gravitiy. You have a G value below 1 when you land with a parachute.

12 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Why is that? A g value below 1 does not mean there's no or negative acceleration, the acceleration is just slower than gravitiy. You have a G value below 1 when you land with a parachute.

Good point. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

5 hours ago, somiller said:

That's not correct.

Does this 747 really make contact with the ground at 32.17405 ft/s2 (or 9.806 m/s2) during the final second of flight?

https://youtu.be/jieAaFmAhj4?t=70

Of course not, as the aircraft is not in free fall. The wings still provide a lifting force at touchdown. Not enough to maintain flight, but sufficient to decrease the full effect of gravity.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

5 hours ago, BrammyH said:

what is the general threshold value to trigger it?

I have absolutely no idea lol.  I fly the planes, I don't pull FOQA data ;).

Andrew Crowley

On 2/2/2023 at 6:15 PM, btacon said:

Be sure you get the 600 for your trial. It functions EXACTLY as the other three and it costs a mere 34.95 or so which is an unbeatable price for such a high quality addon. 

I prefer my Fenix btw, but I own all 3 PMDG birds, and will buy the 900. What can I say, I’m retired and this is my only hobby  

-B

As an owner of all 5 aircrafts, I can confirm that the -600 handles a lot different to the -800 and -900. I'm surprised not many aviation needs like myself cannot tell the difference in performance, especially during takeoff and landings. Even taxiing you can feel the slight difference.

As a Boeing man, I will always choose the 737 however if I had no bias (think the A320s are disproportioned and ugly but still beautiful in their own rights) but I can't stop flying the Fenix A320. They knocked it out the park and I really hope they make an A340 (no A330 since we are already getting one from Aerosoft; can compete later as we need the roster filled and the A340 has been neglected in flightsims since forever).

Leon Jackson