Sign in to follow this  
cappy42

Slow Loading Times et al....time to leave MSFS for awhile?

Since AAU1 update, my flight loading times have been excrutiatingly long (two times as long as 45 minutes).  Add that to the Lost Connection and Low Bandwidth warnings, I'm guessing that this is an Azure server issue.  I'm thinking until this gets fixed I'm stepping back from MSFS for the time being.  

On a related note, my Rolling Cache is turned off.  I don't remember the context on why I turned it off, but it seemed prudent at the time.  I'm wondering now whether to turn it back on.  It seems when MSFS does load with Bing data on, It would be a good idea to precache data.  Curious on other thoughts.

Edited by cappy42

25 minutes ago, cappy42 said:

Since AAU1 update, my flight loading times have been excrutiatingly long (two times as long as 45 minutes).  Add that to the Lost Connection and Low Bandwidth warnings, I'm guessing that this is an Azure server issue.  I'm thinking until this gets fixed I'm stepping back from MSFS for the time being.  

On a related note, my Rolling Cache is turned off.  I don't remember the context on why I turned it off, but it seemed prudent at the time.  I'm wondering now whether to turn it back on.  It seems when MSFS does load with Bing data on, It would be a good idea to precache data.  Curious on other thoughts.

Loading flights should not be influenced by server issues, at least they never have for me. There are just two ways to have long loading times in my experience: 1) after an update a WASM aircraft needs to recompile (should not take 45 minutes, though, rather 5-10); 2) when an addon is incompatible or wrongly installed (I had that once happen with a bad installation of an airport, it took 25 minutes to load the flight; luckily I noticed what was wrong because the airport textures were all messed up...).
I suppose you have already tried with an empty community folder AND all 3rd party addons removed from the official folder? If not, that's the first thing to try.

Those lost connection and low bandwidth warnings point to a problem between your computer and the MS servers. 
It could be your provider or any of the nodes in between. 
With an empty community folder it should never take more than 2-3 minutes to load to the main menu unless there is a widespread outage ( which seem to happen every other week)

Rolling cache best to leave it off in my experience.

Try a vpn service if you can to see if it minimizes the issue  

I would try to load with an empty Community folder first.

If it still takes 45 minutes, I would flush my dns cache....(admin command prompt, ipconfig /flushdns)
Are other net-using apps fast?  Any connectivity issues?

If the 45 minutes thing continued, I'd consider reinstalling if my other net-using apps were fast.  To me it would be worth a reinstall as to not have to wait 45 minutes, and me being inquisitive, I'd want to know if that solved it or not.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

When MSFS misbehaves like that I disabled all mods using MSFS Addons Linker.    

If that solves the problem I re-enable 50% of the mods and see if it's still fixed. IF it's not fixed,   I remove half of what's enabled and try again. IF it's fixed I enable  50% of the remaining mods until it breaks again.

Now if the sim really acts stupid,   I start deleting game files.

I delete the contents of the "AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\$PC$" folder,  I delete the contents of the "AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes" folder, and the contents of the "AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SimObjects folder".   DO NOT carelessly delete anything in the "AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages" folder or you WILL lose content.

I delete the contents of the folder "AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\cache",  delete the contents of "'AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\DCE",  I delete anything in "AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages".

The sim will rebuild all of these files when it launches.    

Edited by Waldo Pepper
  • Like 3

Did you install JF Traffic by any chance? My load times were excruciating with that installed but I believe I’m in the minority / only one. 

Thanks for all of your suggestions.  I have already tried with emptying community folder and even emptying add-ons in the content manager. I even did Safe Mode.   Sometimes it loads quicker, sometimes it doesn’t.  Doesn’t MSFS load Bing data during the initial flight loading?  I also know that Emi (737NGDriver) tried doing a livestream earlier this week, but also had an issue of a 40 minute load time and had to cancel the stream.  When it takes a long time I get the “low bandwidth”, when it doesn’t, I don’t get it.  I do a speedtest and my download throughput is great (>115 mbps).

2 hours ago, Waldo Pepper said:

When MSFS misbehaves like that I disabled all mods using MSFS Addons Linker.    

If that solves the problem I re-enable 50% of the mods and see if it's still fixed. IF it's not fixed,   I remove half of what's enabled and try again. IF it's fixed I enable  50% of the remaining mods until it breaks again.

Now if the sim really acts stupid,   I start deleting game files.

I delete the contents of the "AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\$PC$" folder,  I delete the contents of the "AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes" folder, and the contents of the "AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SimObjects folder".   DO NOT carelessly delete anything in the "AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages" folder or you WILL lose content.

I delete the contents of the folder "AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\cache",  delete the contents of "'AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\DCE",  I delete anything in "AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages".

The sim will rebuild all of these files when it launches.    

Thanks Waldo.  I might try this.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I have tried emptying the community folder (I do us Addon Linker), I’ve taken out 3rd parties from the Content Manager.  I’ve tried Safe Mode.  Sometimes flights load normal, other times it doesn’t.  Every time it takes a long time, I get the “Low Bandwidth” warning.  I go into Data settings, turn on Bing data, save, and then it takes like 5 minutes to apply settings.  Doesn’t MSFS load Bing data during initial flight loading?

Also, Emi(737NGDriver) tried doing a livestream earlier this week, but his flight loading took 40 minutes and had to cancel the stream.  So…..

3 hours ago, cappy42 said:

Thanks for the suggestions.  I have tried emptying the community folder (I do us Addon Linker), I’ve taken out 3rd parties from the Content Manager.  I’ve tried Safe Mode.  Sometimes flights load normal, other times it doesn’t.  Every time it takes a long time, I get the “Low Bandwidth” warning.  I go into Data settings, turn on Bing data, save, and then it takes like 5 minutes to apply settings.  Doesn’t MSFS load Bing data during initial flight loading?

Also, Emi(737NGDriver) tried doing a livestream earlier this week, but his flight loading took 40 minutes and had to cancel the stream.  So…..

In my case I have no issues with time to load MSFS. It has actually gradually improved.

One thing I did about 4 weeks ago (for anoother reason - buy might help you) was to delete the "ROLLINGCACHE.CCC" file located ubicado in the folder located here:
DIsk>Usiarios>MiUsuario>Appdata>Local>Packages>Microsoft.FlightSumulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe>LocalCache

This will be re-created frecs by the sim when launching the next time.

Good luck

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K