Sign in to follow this  
brucets

The FEX website is up!

Recommended Posts

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Danny, at the moment we are in BETA and about to start BETA2, if all goes as well as expected we will be releasing FEX shortly afterwards. :-)In terms of price, this is still being worked out but as soon as we know you guys will know as we will publish the price on the website.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a bit confused. When the FEX weather engine is fully developed it will be graphic enhancement or an actual wind and weather generator such as ASX?Ron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ron, the free Environment Simulator lite upgrade depicts weather in FSX, both real world or user selected. So it shows clouds, frontal systems and winds/winds aloft. There is alot more it does also which will be announced at the time of release (so not long now! :-)).Regards,Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As yet we are not certain, initially when we issued BETA1 it was very big; about a gig compressed. However we have since been looking at other compression algorithms which are giving more favorable results.Also we will consider looking at providing a full working installer with 60% of the artistic content as a single download and the remaining 40% packaged up as optional downloads as a choice to the full shebang in one package. That way you could download install and use FEX whilst the optional parts download.Furthermore Flight1 have a download tool which supports resuming should disconnections occur.Basically, we will listen to suggestions on this point, as naturally we want to make it as painless as possible to download.Warm regards,Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Bruce, yes GEX is also under-development although does not have a website of it's own as yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent! I was pretty sure it would happen, but hadn't seen anything on it.Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HelloIs the able to be used with FSG Mesh DVD's that I have installed for FSX?Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this