Sign in to follow this  
tubbsds1

UDP Error => FIXED!

3 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

Playing with METAR in different times of the day (RT Pro) yield various results though. Looks like those airports with CLR situation tend to crash less. 

I'd disable METAR from RT completely. Anyway, for the historical AI flights, it's totally irrelevant as MSFS shown Live weather only.

I'd guess METAR and QNH is required to set the correct altitude to all aircraft, so quite important for PSXT. Correct me if I am wrong.

3 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

How about to try to revert to 34.3?

You can do that, just change the number in the download link.

3 minutes ago, eddl said:

I'd guess METAR and QNH is required to set the correct altitude to all aircraft, so quite important for PSXT. Correct me if I am wrong.

I now have it here at KLAX too.

Since this is airport dependent it looks like a problem in RT... I'll contact Balthasar.

Just now, kiek said:

I now have it here at KLAX too.

Since this is airport dependent it looks like a problem in RT... I'll contact Balthasar.

Thanks Nico!  You are the best!

I have checked various older PSXT versions, this problem is now also occuring in version 34.0.0 (January 12, 2023).

So seems an external factor, which is likely RT.

2 minutes ago, kiek said:

You can do that, just change the number in the download link.

Just tested with 34.3.1 - the same error.

With that being said, it looks like RT issue. 

38 minutes ago, kiek said:

Try 34.4.2 ... pls

Tried 34.4.2 - same results at KDFW (QNH read issue, no aircraft nearby then RED UDT error) & it shuts itself off...all within 1-2 minutes

Tried same at KSLT with same results.

Real Traffic seems to be working fine.

P3D v5.3, PMDG 737-800; FSDT at KDFW but 'stock' airport at KSTL.

Dave R

4 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

With that being said, it looks like RT issue. 

Thx.

My thoughts too, a mail to Balt in Australia has been sent.

3 minutes ago, kiek said:

Thx.

I only implied that because yesterday 34.3.1 worked flawlessly. 

Has anyone tried to reinstall RT or to delete the *ini. file at least? I just left the house, so would be able to test it within next 2 hour.

Edited by G-YMML1

H

28 minutes ago, kiek said:

Problem found.  Balthasar has made changes in the Metar string. We probably have not tested that thoroughly. Now switched back to the previous Metar format.. 

KLAX runs fine again here. So problem seems fixed.

I'll call it a day now

Edited by kiek
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, kiek said:

H

Problem found.  Balthasar has made changes in the Metar string. We probably have not tested that thoroughly. Now switched back to the previous Metar format.. 

I'll call it a day now

Working for me as well.  Thanks for jumping on this Nico.  You and Balthasar are great.  Have a nice night.

8 minutes ago, kiek said:

H

I'll call it a day now

Thanks again.  Tried KSTL and KORD and all seems to be fine - everything in the green.

Enjoy the rest of the day or night, as the case may be.

Dave R.

NBL1936

6 hours ago, kiek said:

H

I'll call it a day now

In my tests it seemed unlikely to be caused by PSXT, as I have several earlier versions that never had this problem, and after install, each previous version suddenly exhibited the exact same errors.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

5 hours ago, somiller said:

In my tests it seemed unlikely to be caused by PSXT, as I have several earlier versions that never had this problem, and after install, each previous version suddenly exhibited the exact same errors.

But it turned out to be my MY error...

The QNH Readers receive buffer is 512 bytes. However, some new METARS of Balthasar, are 534 bytes long, oops!    

This shows my age. When I started programming memory was scarse.  Nowadays that's no longer an issue, you have to think big 😉

I'll have to  publish a mandatory update to 35 today, because Balt wants to re-activate his new METARS  for PSX (Aerowinx Precision Simulator) and Live Trafic for X-Plane.

Unfortunately MSFS does not yet support the Weather data functionality in it's SimConnect implementation, so we PSXT users only use the QNH of these 500 bytes long message .

• Like 1