Sign in to follow this  
Erathost

AAO and Streamdeck Elgato not working any more

Hi

My Elagato Streamdeck is not working anymore with AAO.

Pressing any Fenix button on Elgato does not work with MSFS 2020 Fenix function.

WebAPI Port 8090 enabled under Tools menu item. (changed to 8090 because Logitech Hub has already 9080 in use)

Verified port 8090 also in file settings.js in directory
c:\Users\erathost\AppData\Roaming\Elgato\StreamDeck\Plugins\com.lorbysi.aao.sdPlugin\

What else could be the issue here?

After updating to V 2.81 AAO I have this problem.

Using:
Axis and Oh MSFS V 2.81 b05
Plugin for Streamdeck Ellgato V 16.03

Thanks for any advice.

- is the lorbysi-content-hooks package still present and active in the Community folder?
- is there really communication happening between the SD and AAO? Try the "Connection Status" action and/or the "Little gauges" profile to verify
- is it the latest AAO SD plugin version and is the profile that you are using compatible with that?

LORBY-SI

Same problem here.   Using latest AAO SD plugin.   No connection status between SD and AAO.   There was a recent update to the Streamdeck software so maybe that did.

Interestingly, yesterday, I was able to coax it to work with a reboot.  But, today, no go.  I realize that makes no sense and is not terribly helpful but it is what happened.

Some things I've tried:

• Disabling firewall completely
  • Swapping between localhost and direct IP address connection for SD-->AA0.  Historically, I've found it better not to use localhost syntax.
  • Disabling/Enabling WebAPI
  • Rebooting.
  • Making sure to start AAO before SD by disabling the autostart I typically use for SD

I had been using this for a while without issue but something has changed.  Maybe Win11 or SD updates because AAO and the plugin are the same.

Thanks in advance and happy to help if needed.

Edited by mjchernis

39 minutes ago, mjchernis said:

I had been using this for a while without issue but something has changed. 

Did you change the port in AAO and the StreamDeck plugin? Port being blocked by Windows or by another app is a very common occurence.

Maybe Win11 or SD updates because AAO and the plugin are the same.

No issues here. StreamDeck version 6.04.18165, Windows 11 version 22621.1265

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

So, I spent a little time playing with this today...

A few more details:

• We are on same version of Windows/Streamdeck
  • I have changed ports a few times now.   Does not seem to make a difference when things are not working.   For months, 19080 was the port I used without issue
  • Reboot does not solve it
  • Does not matter if FS is running or I'm in AAO Offline mode (red dot)
  • Power cycling the SDs does not matter.  
  • Restarting the SD audio services which are always running did not matter.

Real head scratcher.   Something changed that made this quirky but I'm not sure what.  Right now, it simply will not connect.  

Does AAO have any services I can restart?  Or, does closing the app close everything?

Edited by mjchernis

15 minutes ago, mjchernis said:

Something changed that made this quirky but I'm not sure what. 

I'm afraid that only you can find out what that was. No chance to diagnose this from the outside. If the "Connection Status" action on the SD stays dark, something on your computer is preventing the communications to AAO (which are asynchronous btw. AAO doesn't care if the SD is there or not).

New plugin of some kind in the StreamDeck?
New Apps on the computer?
New "other" plugins in the SD? 
Always test with the simple "little gauges" profile. Stay away from complex implementations until you are certain that the SD is working. 
Also, check out the WebAPI troubleshooting guide PDF. Maybe you need to supply the local IP now instead of localhost because some program changed the hosts file on your computer.

And then there is the Elgato Debug Console.

Create Your plugin - Developer Documentation (elgato.com)

Scroll down half a page, there is the section about debugging.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Thanks much.  I know remote troubleshooting can be next to impossible.  

Really nothing new other than some FS airports and usual Windows/NVIDIA updates.  No hardware or apps. 

I am using the local IP and not localhost -- switched over when I first thought that might be the problem.   Is there a way to see if AAO is listening on the port?  I know I can't ping or expect a web page to come back at 192.168.100.75:19080 but is there anything I can pipe to AAO to see if it is listening?   Or, does the plugin have any kind of connection log?

Mark

Edited by mjchernis

12 minutes ago, mjchernis said:

I know I can't ping or expect a web page to come back at 192.168.100.75:19080

Yes you can. AAO has a web server built in and you can run web pages off it - check the AAO manual, chapter about the WebAPI -  "Using the API as a webserver". 
Also in the chapter about the WebAPI is a simple request that you can copy into the browser to send a button press to AAO and get a response.

Examples for web pages can be downloaded from the axisandohs weebly website

Logfiles, database and config files are in AppData\Local\LORBY-SI\AxisAndOhs...

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Well, that is super interesting!

Just installed the gaugeexample test site.   First time I tried it, got a "refused to connect" error.  I then tried connecting to index2.html just to make sure things were working and got a proper page not found error.  Went back to index.html and the gauge loaded!  Then started the SD plugin in and it worked!?!?

Gremlins!

Ok, I can now reproduce 100% of the time now!  Yay!

Steps:

• Shutdown AAO/SD
  • Start AAO in admin mode
  • Enable Offline mode
  • From browser: http://192.168.100.75:19080/webapi/buttonexample/index.html
  • Returns Connection Refused
  • In AAO-->Tool-->Port Settings For Web --> click Apply
  • From browser: http://192.168.100.75:19080/webapi/buttonexample/index.html
  • Works!!!

Seems like on a clean start of AAO the custom ports may not be being used UNTIL you manually apply them.   Obviously, no huge deal but glad I now understand it.

Thanks for your help on the web pages.  That helped me find it!

Just now, mjchernis said:

Seems like on a clean start of AAO the custom ports may not be being used UNTIL you manually apply them.   Obviously, no huge deal but glad I now understand it.

Not really, all this sounds very very weird.  All that you are doing is shutting down and restarting the Listener. Possibly the same would happen if you just disable offline mode and enable it again. 
Something else is wrong. "Connection refused" is an indication of a security issue, otherwise you would get "file not found". As if the port is being blocked, at least temporarily.

Did you take a look at the AAO logfiles?

LORBY-SI

I hear you but saw something similar to this in another post which is why I checked it.  For whatever reason simply enabling/disabling/enabling offline mode does not fix it.   Just tried a few more times -- rebooted, tried different ports, etc. and each time the problem went away immediately when I clicked the apply button in "Port Settings for Web"

Slight correction.  You don't even need to click the Apply button.  Just opening the dialog box fixes it.  Even if you close the box by clicking on the X on the top right.

30 minutes ago, mjchernis said:

I hear you but saw something similar to this in another post which is why I checked it.

Really? Where?

I can honestly say that I've never heard or read anything like this before. Or at least I don't remember... 
Especially since it makes no sense whatsoever. As I said, all you do is shut down and restart the same listener process (it is stopped when you enter the dialog, and restarted when the dialog closes). And if the listener didn't work in the first place, you should get an error 404, and not "connection refused" (401? 403?). 

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI