Sign in to follow this  
colklink14

DRZEWIECKI DESIGN Chicago Update 1.3

Any one know how long it takes to get it updated in the marketplace ? I bought it from there because it was on sale ai think. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

18 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Any one know how long it takes to get it updated in the marketplace ? I bought it from there because it was on sale ai think. 

It usually updates on Thursdays I believe.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

3 hours ago, LtCdrDruid said:

I see what was written and respect the sharing of that statement.  However I can accurately say that as an example the recent Hjet 2.0 update was available on the Marketplace within a one-week to 10-day period after it was submitted by the developer.  So I have no idea then what the basis was for that 3-month statement from Drzewiecki,

Edited by fppilot
  • Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

On 2/26/2023 at 1:55 PM, bobcat999 said:

I  can confirm the performance is much, much better.  The buildings look great, and I am not seeing any over-saturation on the night lighting. 

I am very happy with it now and will leave it installed.

Well done to Drzewiecki, however you say it! :laugh:

I finally had a chance to test it. Indeed it's performing a lot better and they finally toned it down with the coloring and it's not lit up as a Christmas tree. Good stuff, I'm happy!

• Like 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I want to revert back to 1.2 because you can't even see the city buildings unless I get very close. They said they can't revert back on the forum. Any ideas? 

Tony Fontaine

27 minutes ago, CaptBillyBob said:

I want to revert back to 1.2 because you can't even see the city buildings unless I get very close. They said they can't revert back on the forum. Any ideas? 

This is related to your Object LOD settings so maybe try setting it higher.  I have mine at 180.  These types of addons are linked to Object LOD vs Photogrammetry buildings being linked your Terrain LOD setting.

• Like 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

On 2/28/2023 at 2:07 AM, fppilot said:

I see what was written and respect the sharing of that statement.  However I can accurately say that as an example the recent Hjet 2.0 update was available on the Marketplace within a one-week to 10-day period after it was submitted by the developer.  So I have no idea then what the basis was for that 3-month statement from Drzewiecki,

My understanding from the last Dev stream is that  priority is now given to updates rather than new products, then it’s new aircraft followed by new scenery.  So some new DD design products might take 2 months (or whatever) whilst DD updates might be far quicker. 

This all changed recently. 

Edited by Gstove

1 hour ago, Gstove said:

My understanding from the last Dev stream is that  priority is now given to updates rather than new products, then it’s new aircraft followed by new scenery.  So some new DD design products might take 2 months (or whatever) whilst DD updates might be far quicker. 

This all changed recently. 

So why would the MS Store & Content Manager create such a situation as this, which would/will significantly quash sales through that channel?  Makes no business sense at all.  I will not be shopping there if this is truely the case.  And why would DD place their products there.  Not good for customer satisfaction.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
ASUS 

31 minutes ago, fppilot said:

So why would the MS Store & Content Manager create such a situation as this, which would/will significantly quash sales through that channel?  Makes no business sense at all.  I will not be shopping there if this is truely the case.  And why would DD place their products there.  Not good for customer satisfaction.

I think it’s due to the ridiculously long delays so they felt they had to prioritise updates to existing products (already approved) and updates first before looking at new ones. 

seems it down to lack of staff, and the process itself. In the Dev livestream they do acknowledge the issues though so hopefully we’ll see some improvements. 

Devs like, DD want to get on the marketplace to sell products to massively more people especially console users or people who use both console and pc as then the content is on both. Rather than just pc if you buy from the dev or non marketplace store. 

On 2/27/2023 at 9:07 PM, fppilot said:

But here on 3/31/2023 it is still not updated in MS Store or Content Manager.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

For anyone who bought this from the MSFS marketplace, you probably already discovered the update was released last week. Upon testing, my results are also much improved, just like everyone else. The cause of the issue was also painfully obvious and as I expected:

So, I'm not a developer, but through prior research I discovered it is common for scenery developers to use LOD hacks to make objects appear at a further distance. They do this by placing invisible objects around or under scenery objects that are much larger than the object itself. For something like a windsock this doesn't have a performance impact, but for something like the Sears Willis tower/an entire CITY.... Well, we saw what it did for DD's Chicago Landmarks package.

Why do I suspect this is the case? Well, previously, the city would appear all at once approximately 15mi from downtown Chicago, causing even beefy systems to pause for ~2 seconds while textures for EVERY BUILDING apparently loaded at once. We're talking a 12GB+ jump in the GPU section of the FPS counter when the scenery loaded. After the update, buildings start popping in ~8mi from downtown Chicago. Is the pop-in ideal or realistic? No. Is it better than horrible performance stutters? I'd say so! Maybe I'm wrong in my assumptions, but evidence sure points to this being the case.

With all that said, I get it... scenery developers want their scenery to look as good as possible. But instead of using hacks that have the potential to ruin performance or break when Asobo updates the sim, I'd much rather they do things properly and point the finger at Microsoft if there are complaints. Those complaints will then reach Microsoft/Asobo, hopefully leading to better optimization down the road or at least some extra sliders so we can choose for ourselves if we want a terribly performing sim. And when developers are using these kinds of hacks, it would be better for them to not deny there is an issue for months and months before finally promising to look into optimizing things.

Even with the wait though, good on DD for finally fixing this... I will no longer grind my teeth every time I fly out of KPWK for a short hop down the shoreline of Lake Michigan. I will no longer automatically ignore any new scenery they create (although you better believe I'm waiting for the performance reviews!) Speaking of performance, hopefully DD's Midway is next on the list for updates. Time to experience some nostalgia by starting up at Meigs again!

• Like 1