Sign in to follow this  
byork

Landor livery "arrogant"

Guest HenryWi

Landor is unquestionably the best livery on the British Airways planes, still I just found this peculiarity:"BA suggested that the previous "Landor" scheme carried an air of arrogance and detachment, and insisted that the new tailfins were very popular with international travellers. "?????http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Airways_ethnic_liveriesI just don't get it.....

Change it - delete it and write anything you want on Wikopedia.Unless that statement came as a quote from a BA press release - it's an opinion and that site has about as many opinions as facts.

Guest oyvindhansen

The Landor had a very formal feel to it, with the dark blue and straight lines, maybe reflecting the famous british formality. The new colours are lighter and "friendlier", with lots of white and waves in the union jack. Personally I'm sad to see the world tails gone.-

Guest jacob001

I liked the Landor one!

I guess BA was trying to be more "open" and "sensitive" to other cultures...and felt they needed to do that. Never mind the opinion of the British people.But I say, let Air Inter put a French logo on their tail. Let EgyptAir put an arabic logo on their tail. Let Lufthansa put sterntaler on their tail logos. BUT LET BRITISH AIRWAYS PUT THE UNION JACK ON THEIRS!I feel these etnic logos are an abomination.RhettAMD 3700+, eVGA 7800GT 256, ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, etc. etc.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest HenryWi

Some PC stuff, right? :-hang

>Some PC stuff, right? :-hangI hear Britain is AWASH in political correctness gone mad these days.One day, because of over-done PC, their chickens will come home to roost, I'm afraid...RhettAMD 3700+, eVGA 7800GT 256, ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, etc. etc.

Rhett

Guest oyvindhansen

>BUT LET BRITISH AIRWAYS PUT>THE UNION JACK ON THEIRS!>Isn't that exactly what they are doing?-

Guest HenryWi

>Isn't that exactly what they are doing?Sure, but this is interesting:England afraid to fly its own flagFollowing threats by extremist Islamic group, several corporations, chain of pubs ban England flag http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3258613,00.htmlI don't know how much truth it is.Also some other "interesting" PC stuff:Workers in the benefits department at Dudley Council, West Midlands, were told to remove or cover up all pig-related items, including toys, porcelain figures, calendars and even a tissue box featuring Winnie the Pooh and Piglet.http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005450600,00.htmlhttp://home.chello.no/~spjotvol/300/treest...s1OKGMindre.gif

>>BUT LET BRITISH AIRWAYS PUT>>THE UNION JACK ON THEIRS!>>>>Isn't that exactly what they are doing?>>>-

Rhett

Guest ThrottleUp

The PC in the UK is so out of control its not funny any more. It really is getting stupid...

"with the dark blue and straight lines, maybe reflecting the famous british formality"Having worked with many expat Englishmen overseas, I can assure you the whole notion of English "formality" is more mythical stereotype than reality these days...-Bryan

>>BUT LET BRITISH AIRWAYS PUT>>THE UNION JACK ON THEIRS!>>>>Isn't that exactly what they are doing?>>>-

Rhett

Guest oyvindhansen

Maybe I'm wrong. I do not see BA aircraft very often. But I seem to remember that they would repaint most of their world tails in the Union Flag tail, which admittedly isn't Landor nor a proper union jack, but nevertheless flag colors. By now most of the aircraft should have the UF livery.-