Sign in to follow this  
odourboy

Any Pico 4 users here?

On 11/29/2023 at 2:22 PM, AJZip said:

A number of the above I've got set - but there are some significant differences in other areas.  It'll be 24 hours before I can get back to it but I will certainly try the above and report back.  Many thanks.  🙂

I use MSFS: DLSS quality. VD: Bitrate 90, Sharpness at 100%. OpenXR: Resolution 4412x4412

Comparable image quality with a little better performance. Obviously numerous ways to run with the settings. 

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Thank you all for contributing such detailed and valuable information.   This is a great resource.   

7 hours ago, odourboy said:

So you're good then?

Not really. Using a USB wired connection I noticed that VD shows a link speed of 1200, which is actually wrong, and I see strange latency behaviour related to the choice of the bitrate. Latency and clarity are worse than with the G2.

I really would like to test a direct WiFi link with the computer using a Hotspot on Windows side, but I was unsuccessful. When I activate the AP, my IP is changed so I loose the link to the router...

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

9 hours ago, odourboy said:

I use MSFS: DLSS quality. VD: Bitrate 90, Sharpness at 100%. OpenXR: Resolution 4412x4412

Comparable image quality with a little better performance. Obviously numerous ways to run with the settings. 

Yes - that's sort of where I was starting from but, on my rig, the DLSS was introducing sea-sick inducing visual waves for the scenery and degradation of the instruments clarity.  Also, I found that, with the accompanying settings I was using, my rig couldn't quite match it all and I had to use 'High' resolution on the Virtual Desktop settings and not 'Godlike'.  Going onto Godlike introduced un-manageable stutters.  With @Donka 's suggested approach, I could then use Godlike (which I'm sure made the biggest difference).

I'm still experimenting as I am intrigued at the different approaches.

Whatever the approach though, one thing is clear - the Virtual Desktop and the additional introduction of the VDXR is a splendid bit of programming whichever direction our individual systems want us to go!   

Edited by AJZip

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2