Sign in to follow this  
mistercoffee1

Water Fixes / Water Exclusions broken in Beta SU12

3 hours ago, DModjo said:

I completely agree but do they not sometimes push hot fixes? I'm sure i've seen some come through before.

I'd imagine that for something like this which impacts a vast number of paid add-on scenery it would warrant a hot fix.

Yes they have released hot fixes in the past (although the SU7 one came well over a month later so more a Patch than a hotfix), but they don't do them enough IMO. This water issue and the VR toolbar bug are clearly two that warrant such a hotfix, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Gunther's Australian salt lakes fix is an essential. I don't expect Asobo to fix the issue. I'm still waiting for the ground tiles issue that popped up last fall to be fixed. https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/aerial-ground-tiles-changing-popping-in/547197/42 Instead they'll give us a few new airports, landing challenges, and bush trips every few months. 🙄

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, Bones62 said:

Gunther's Australian salt lakes fix is an essential. I don't expect Asobo to fix the issue. I'm still waiting for the ground tiles issue that popped up last fall to be fixed. https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/aerial-ground-tiles-changing-popping-in/547197/42 Instead they'll give us a few new airports, landing challenges, and bush trips every few months. 🙄

Yep, top three visual issues I see now are, tiles popping or changing colour when close, tiles missing at end of runways etc. (specifically DX12), and the water exclusions.

I hope they can attend to these quite soon.  The tiles popping I have had for ages, and it only seems to happen in specific areas.  I first noticed it at St. Barts when taking off across the beach, and then over the water, where the tiles were changing from plain mid-blue to the actual coral water mask depending on the radius from the aircraft.  This is repeatable. 

I am thinking of buying the St. Barts third party scenery (it actually covers the whole island) to see if it is any better, but this isn't the real answer of course.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

Yep, top three visual issues I see now are, tiles popping or changing colour when close, tiles missing at end of runways etc. (specifically DX12), and the water exclusions.

I hope they can attend to these quite soon.  The tiles popping I have had for ages, and it only seems to happen in specific areas.  I first noticed it at St. Barts when taking off across the beach, and then over the water, where the tiles were changing from plain mid-blue to the actual coral water mask depending on the radius from the aircraft.  This is repeatable. 

I am thinking of buying the St. Barts third party scenery (it actually covers the whole island) to see if it is any better, but this isn't the real answer of course.

The changing tiles issue does only seem to be certain areas. I first noticed it at Mount Beauty last fall. North of Whangerei this morning. I've never used DX12. If it's only an Nvidia issue, they need to tell us. I noticed it's not even listed as a bug on yesterday's development update. 😤

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Bones62 said:

The changing tiles issue does only seem to be certain areas. I first noticed it at Mount Beauty last fall. North of Whangerei this morning. I've never used DX12. If it's only an Nvidia issue, they need to tell us. I noticed it's not even listed as a bug on yesterday's development update. 😤

Yes, definitely only specific areas, not globally.  Too many areas that I like to fly in though!  :laugh:

The DX12 issue is specific to that, not DX11, and relates to completely missing tiles showing through, or some kind of rough 'under-tile' that looks like it is out of FS2004!
I tend to see it on taxiways or ends of runways.  you can select a debug setting from the developers menu to fix it temporarily for whichever airport you are at, but it comes back on the next session. 

Like you say, it is a shame they haven't put some of these on the snapshot lists, but the popping tiles issue is listed as 'logged' on the official forum if I recall correctly.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

14 hours ago, irocx said:

It's exactly this type of issue or regression which makes me wish that Asobo would issue a hotfix or smaller incremental "cleanup" fixes in between the scheduled SU's.  I hate waiting months for regressions to be turned around, but maybe more importantly, it's only fair to the hard working freeware developers like @mistercoffee1 and @vbazillio  doing everything they can to help improve the sim.  It would send a message of true partnership. 

I would say the VR toolbar bug would also most definitely be a candidate for inclusion.

Completely agree.   My other pet peeve is  FAA taxiway signage.  Missing or broken things like the "Mandatory: No entry." sign and the "ILS Critical Area/POFZ Boundary" sign would take no time to fix.   Kind of gets on my nerves a tiny bit if I'm honest,  because you either have to use a custom model for your scenery, or use an addon like "Black Square's Real Taxiways" for default airports.   

And I guess double sided taxi signs would be too much to ask from Asobo.    I wish they would spend one patch on all of the small,  easy,  quality of life items.

Edited by Waldo Pepper
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Waldo Pepper said:

I wish they would spend one patch on all of the small,  easy,  quality of life items.

Well, we already had one update that was supposedly dedicated to such items, but while the intent was greatly appreciated, in all honesty, it's focus left much to be desired. 

Indeed, there are so many small, simple things that could (should) be added, fixed or improved that regurgitating my personal wish list proves futile, especially considering the efficacy of the current "voting" system. 

I'm not trying to bash MS/Asobo.  The sim is still a great achievement and a joy. But, I too feel there are much smaller, easy low hanging fruit(s)to tidy up and remove some of that "half-baked'ness".  

And that is where the freeware developers have really stepped up (as always) and filled the void and why it troubles me when things get broken and the attitude of the main developer seems to be "we'll investigate and get this corrected in 3 months (hopefully).  

• Like 1

Regards, Kendall

I see the SU12 Beta threads have been removed, so chances of a hotfix for this and the VR issues are fading fast.

Worst of course is the severe lack of communication - again, was this water & VR toolbar scaling change/s for specific reasons? If so what what are those reasons? they need explaining to developers, or are they bugs? "Bug logged" on the threads means absolutely bugger all as the moderators on the forum don't actually know themselves.

Amazes me how the MS/Asobo can make the simple things so very hard.

• Like 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)