Sign in to follow this  
Elvensmith

Steam Sale On - View On These Items Please

Following FSX add ons have caught my eye, being nicely discounted in the sale:

FS Global 2010 (anything has got to be better than default mesh but without the bloated mesh of MSFS).

Air Hauler 2 - Looks quite interesting to add some purpose to FSX. However can you save and resume flights in progess, an issue with other similar add ons such as FS Passengers or Airliner Pilot.

DC10 - Think this is the Just Flight/CLS version.

Any or all worth buying?

Edited by Elvensmith

OK, moved back into the FSX forum.  You title was misleading!

• Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

1 hour ago, Elvensmith said:

Following FSX add ons have caught my eye, being nicely discounted in the sale:

FS Global 2010 (anything has got to be better than default mesh but without the bloated mesh of MSFS).

Air Hauler 2 - Looks quite interesting to add some purpose to FSX. However can you save and resume flights in progess, an issue with other similar add ons such as FS Passengers or Airliner Pilot.

I own the original Air Hauler, but haven't flown it for years.  I just remember getting tired of having to constantly fly to avoid losing reputation.  No such thing as vacations or multiple days off it you wanted to be successful at it.  Too close to real life.

I can't say how Air Hauler 2 differs.

As for FS Global 2010.  I bought it, used it, uninstalled it, don't miss it.  Having a more realistic terrain was nice, but I kept running into some airports having weird terrain issues.  Add on airports are developed with the assumption that the buyer doesn't own a mesh product, so don't always fit naturally when you add one.

As with all things, my experience and others may have different ones.

Edited by airernie
  • Upvote 1

Ernest Pergrem

1 hour ago, Elvensmith said:

Thanks guys, will save my money.

I would recommend keeping your options open only because there has to be someone out there with some positive experiences.  Hopefully, they will respond so you have a more balanced set of experiences.

By the way, there is FreeMeshX Global out there if you want to give it a try.. I've not, but it's free. The AVSIM library also contains several airports optimized for the mesh. 

Edited by airernie

Ernest Pergrem