Sign in to follow this  
donet

Bonus Framerates ?

As Profesor Julius Sumner Miller used to say, "Why is it so?"

When I select - A few or scattered clouds in Weather my framerates go up even as I have clouds set at Ultra.
The same thing happens if I go to Activities and select the New York flight.  My frame rates go up to about 55 fps.
Any ideas why?

Simply because clouds are a big fps hit.

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

32 minutes ago, donet said:

You misunderstand.  My framerates go up, not down..

"Go up" compared to what? This threads lacks a ton of information... what do you compare here? What is the issue? What is the question? What are the hardware specs, the resolution, the addons used? 

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Settle Petal...

The frame rates go up ... as opposed to down.. I have observed this on numerous occasions. The O.P. is merely seeking any "wisdom" "as to how or why this may occur.

I also look forward to any light that may be shed on this matter. 

When you say "go up" what are you comparing too? Live Weather? Are you changing from live to presets and noticing the FPS go up?

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

I assume that he is referring to increased framerates with scattered clouds compared to clear skies?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 minute ago, Christopher Low said:

I assume that he is referring to increased framerates with scattered clouds compared to clear skies?

We can only assume when his first post is so very vague! Requires more details.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

6 minutes ago, MarcG said:

We can only assume when his first post is so very vague! Requires more details.

Seems clear enough to me.  His framerates are increasing when he has scattered clouds compared to clear skies I think.  It sounds odd, but is something I have seen on occasions too.   My clouds are set at ultra and a few clouds have little impact on performance, but heavy cloud and live weather can often cause a hit (though not as big a hit as you might expect).

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Clear enough if you presume he meant clear skies 😉

Either way I just had a quick look, I see no noticeable difference between presets & live on the monitor (I fly VR), in fact I was pleasantly surprised to see the FPS was roughly the same for all presets but could well differ in VR (I only ever use Live anyway but was curious about this post)