Sign in to follow this  
bofhlusr

New MSFS error in graphics

15 minutes ago, StephanAitch said:

Thank you dear. It happened even on loading to gate. What have you done that it is working for you? I will try old NVIDIA driver now.

Like I say, I uninstalled FSUIPC, as I was only using it for a landing rate monitor, and I stopped finding it useful after a while, so I uninstalled FSUIPC and it appears to have stopped.

As you stated, it may only be a factor and not the only cause, as some who have also deleted it, like yourself, continue to have the issue, and some who use FSUIPC say they have never had the issue.

It is a difficult one for sure, but ultimately it is between Asobo and Nvidia to fix I believe.
Asobo are collecting all of the figures on the crashes now, as shown in their last Twitch session. 
The sim now reports back to them on why it has crashed, and they said that the vast majority of cases were GPU related recently. 

They seem to have a close working relationship with Nvidia now, especially after collaborating with them on the DLSS v3 launch, so hopefully they can get together and solve it.  I am sure they are working on it, but we won't get much communication on it until they actually solve it - that is how they work.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

3 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Such a shame.  This issue has completely stopped for me recently, but I only do flights of around an hour maximum.  I hope you can solve it.

Just had a very relaxed 2.5 hours flight (full mods on) with NVIDIA Graphics Driver 531.29... 👍

Edited by StephanAitch
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, StephanAitch said:

Just had a very relaxed 2.5 hours flight (full mods on) with NVIDIA Graphics Driver 531.29... 👍

We all became Beta-Tester 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, StephanAitch said:

Could there possibly be a connection to FSUIPC?

I don't have FSUIPC with MSFS so my driver errors cannot come from it.

• Like 1

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

This is the strangest issue I've seen so far in 2 1/2 years of MSFS 2020. I have spent most of the last week in MSFS trying to make sense of it, and at this point one thing seems clear: the problem started with SU12, and has nothing to do with drivers (as a number of others have already concluded). Several observations:

1. I never encountered this particular CTD until SU12 came along.

2. When it first happened I was using an older NVidia driver, so the problem cannot be with the newest 531.41 driver.

3. Installing the 531.41 made no difference; the issue remained.

4. Following the suggestion several of you have made, I installed the older 531.29 -- no difference.

5. Here is what really surprises me: the problem is very much associated with the choice of aircraft. When I fly the Pipestrel Virus, the CTD occurs very quickly -- within a minute usually. Yet with the default  Cessna 172, no problem -- I have flown it for hours with no issues. Similarly, I just flew the Longitude from Shannon, Ireland to Bergen, Norway -- about a 2 hour flight -- again, no problem. Back to the Pipestrel, the issue returns. (Just to be clear, there was never a problem with this plane before SU12).

While several people have reported that reversion to older drivers appears to solve the problem, this is not the case for others, including me. I really think this is a problem for Asobo, and we will have to await a hotfix at some point.

Edited by cobalt
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, StephanAitch said:

Again CTD when loading into gate but without Error. This time with NVIDIA Graphics Driver 531.29... I really get nuts 😞

Go to Event Viewer > Application and click on the Red exclamation marks around the time of the crash. You can usually figure out if/why it crashes, it could be something else crashing which then crashes your sim. I've seen all sorts but usually the nvwgf2umx.dll - I have fixed this by reinstalling graphics card drivers, and using Disk Cleanup > Run as Admin > Select Shader/DirectX Cache and Cleanup.

I recently had GSX Pro crash the game for me but managed to fix it by checking the logs. Also, use the following command in CMD > Run as Administrator:

sfc /scannow

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Edited by Brocky120
  • Like 2

Just to add to my earlier post (yesterday): the graphics "error" causing a CTD has nothing to do with add-ons, either. It remains even with an empty community folder. To repeat: this started with SU12 and only Asobo can fix it.

• Like 2

Guys, I didn't find what mode you're flying in MSFS - DX11 or DX12. Also, what resolution - 2k or 4k?

17 minutes ago, cobalt said:

Just to add to my earlier post (yesterday): the graphics "error" causing a CTD has nothing to do with add-ons, either. It remains even with an empty community folder. To repeat: this started with SU12 and only Asobo can fix it.

It is really frustrating.  It actually started for me (and many others if you view the official forums) in the SU11 beta late last year.

I had it in the C414 a few times, and also the C182 Reims Rocket add-on, not that I am blaming either aircraft.

Initially Asobo were saying update to the latest drivers from Nvidia, but obviously there is now a specific problem with the latest one in MSFS (not sure if it is related), so they have now said roll back.

I have had the issue with various drivers, including quite old ones.

The randomness of the issue is going to make it difficult to trace other than it was introduced late last year.

DX11 for me with the initial GPU errors.  not sure I am getting it with DX12.  Always 4k. 

I have also had it when simply swapping screen out to the desktop, but also once while it was simply downloading updates in the marketplace!  Low GPU utilisation.

How about you Cobalt?  Are you using an Nvidia GPU?  Not sure if AMD are immune, but I have not seen any reports from AMD users.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

11 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

Guys, I didn't find what mode you're flying in MSFS - DX11 or DX12. Also, what resolution - 2k or 4k?

For me it's 2k DX12

1 minute ago, StephanAitch said:

For me it's 2k DX12

Well...DX12 is truly experimental mode in MSFS and it heavily relies on the amount of VRAM of your GPU. Hence, I would switch to DX11 for a while. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brocky120 said:

Go to Event Viewer > Application and click on the Red exclamation marks around the time of the crash. You can usually figure out if/why it crashes, it could be something else crashing which then crashes your sim. I've seen all sorts but usually the nvwgf2umx.dll - I have fixed this by reinstalling graphics card drivers, and using Disk Cleanup > Run as Admin > Select Shader/DirectX Cache and Cleanup.

I recently had GSX Pro crash the game for me but managed to fix it by checking the logs. Also, use the following command in CMD > Run as Administrator:

sfc /scannow

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Thank you! I'll try. Just finished 3 hours without problems. Even smooth landing without jerks..

11 hours ago, cobalt said:

This is the strangest issue I've seen so far in 2 1/2 years of MSFS 2020. I have spent most of the last week in MSFS trying to make sense of it, and at this point one thing seems clear: the problem started with SU12, and has nothing to do with drivers (as a number of others have already concluded). Several observations:

1. I never encountered this particular CTD until SU12 came along.

2. When it first happened I was using an older NVidia driver, so the problem cannot be with the newest 531.41 driver.

3. Installing the 531.41 made no difference; the issue remained.

4. Following the suggestion several of you have made, I installed the older 531.29 -- no difference.

5. Here is what really surprises me: the problem is very much associated with the choice of aircraft. When I fly the Pipestrel Virus, the CTD occurs very quickly -- within a minute usually. Yet with the default  Cessna 172, no problem -- I have flown it for hours with no issues. Similarly, I just flew the Longitude from Shannon, Ireland to Bergen, Norway -- about a 2 hour flight -- again, no problem. Back to the Pipestrel, the issue returns. (Just to be clear, there was never a problem with this plane before SU12).

While several people have reported that reversion to older drivers appears to solve the problem, this is not the case for others, including me. I really think this is a problem for Asobo, and we will have to await a hotfix at some point.

Your #1 was my experience as well.

For me it is not in the choice of aircraft.

My solution (crossing my fingers that it stays that way):

Found the culprit in new MSFS error in graphics - Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) - The AVSIM Community

• Like 1

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

2 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

It is really frustrating.  It actually started for me (and many others if you view the official forums) in the SU11 beta late last year.

I had it in the C414 a few times, and also the C182 Reims Rocket add-on, not that I am blaming either aircraft.

Initially Asobo were saying update to the latest drivers from Nvidia, but obviously there is now a specific problem with the latest one in MSFS (not sure if it is related), so they have now said roll back.

I have had the issue with various drivers, including quite old ones.

The randomness of the issue is going to make it difficult to trace other than it was introduced late last year.

DX11 for me with the initial GPU errors.  not sure I am getting it with DX12.  Always 4k. 

I have also had it when simply swapping screen out to the desktop, but also once while it was simply downloading updates in the marketplace!  Low GPU utilisation.

How about you Cobalt?  Are you using an Nvidia GPU?  Not sure if AMD are immune, but I have not seen any reports from AMD users.

I use an Nvidia GPU, and DX11. The fact that in 2 1/2 years of MSFS I never saw this graphics error until SU12, and now I see it repeatedly regardless of settings, add-ons, drivers, or anything else, is what convinces me that SU12 is the culprit.

Edited by cobalt
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1