Sign in to follow this  
gal-m

FSLTL causes screen flashing/flickering?

Hi all,

when I inject FSLTL traffic my screen flashes and flickers - more noticeable if I look at the bright sky and/or in the morning and evening, but is persistent no matter the "camera angle" - even in cockpit. It's obviously very annoying. 

I will attach a link to a YouTube video I have made in reference to this problem. Please note that the phone camera does not exaggerate the effect you see on my monitor, as it is even worse in real life - could probably cause seizures: 

Does anyone know how to fix this? 

More info: My game install is fresh and I don't have many mods: PMDG, Navigraph, two addon airports, FSRealistic Pro and that's about it. Have been using AIG in the past (it is now removed) and the game has been absolutely stable.

•  
Edited by gal-m
  • Like 1

Looks like to me that your monitor refresh rate is now not being matched by your frame rate. It makes sense that it happens when your turn in FSLTL as this will decrease your over all FPS. 

This effect happens to me when I am using G-SYNC or Free Sync on my monitor. To solve it you must have in your settings VSYNC entables jn MSFS. It has to be locked to a fraction of your GSYNC rating that can be maintained. 

For example, my refresh rate on my monitor and NVIDIA setting is 120 HZ. So I lock my MSFS VSYNC to 33% refresh rate. That locks my FPS to 34 FPS. This can be maintained with out problem by my settings and the flickering is gone. If I did anything higher than 33% then the flickering would return. This is because I am selecting a FPS target for the simulator that cannot be constantly, so GSYNC is missing frames to create a smooth rendering. 

I hope this helps. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

1 hour ago, spearmint_flyer said:

To solve it you must have in your settings VSYNC entables jn MSFS.

You were right @spearmint_flyer! I do have a G-SYNC monitor and an RTX 3090 and enabling V-SYNC seems to solve the issue.

Thanks a bunch!