Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

spearmint_flyer

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by spearmint_flyer

  1. AMD Virtualization for SVM and IOMMU, on your BIOS. They tend to interfere more than they good in my case.
  2. Seems like a great app! Just can’t use it yet. I’ll ask Pascal if he’s explored this and maybe he can make his profile for this.
  3. I was under the same impression, but I went down a rabbit hole of running my system. Turning off virtualization, ensuring I had the correct settings, and now I have crystal clear butter smooth. For example, after I did all my changes to ensure the sim was using the cache, I noticed that my textures were still blurry. Well on the last dev stream, the only thing of value I got from there was when Seb explained that in 2024, TLOD is dynamic of you have Dynamic FPS on. The simulator will adjust the TLOD up to the limit based on your selection. So I experimented. I set TLOD up to 400. I then set Dynamic FPS to a target of 25. My FPS Limit is 35. The result was no loss in FPS or increased stutters, clear terrain, no loading issues. The 10 FPS of native frames buffer allows the sim to have a “wiggle room” where it is not constantly lowering the TLOD to almost 20 without me knowing which is why I suspect many see blurry ground around them. Essentially the sim is trying to meet a target that may be too high. Or we have set the gap between the target and the minimum FPS too small. Both of those cause blurry textures. The stutters for me was a combination of having a target that was too high for the FPS. Even going up to a max of 42 FPS gives me popping and stutters, because it’s just too high of a target and the sim then starts bottlenecking. I suggest anyone experiencing these to turn off virtualization, set your maximum FPS, in the sim to a realistic number that you can achieve on average. Set the Dynamic FPS 10 below that is you can only go in increments of “5” so it would be two settings below your target FPS. The other consideration I discovered after running my system correctly was that the stutters were being caused by Simconnect. There is an issue with Moza cockpit and BeyondATC where they poll simconnect excessively. It causes the the sim to begin stuttering. BeyondATC blamesMOZA. Moza blames on their discord point at BeyondATC. Bottom line no one has told MSFS as I discovered in the last dev update. Here is a change I made that helped from my deep dive. Anyway, I hope this helps anyone who is in need
  4. When you select the process, go the affinity menu. There in the always popup, you’ll see check boxes for the cores, under those there are a few boxes, showing CCD0 (Cache). CCD1 (FREQ). You want to set it to. CACHE. Here’s a video explaining it further. https://youtu.be/-bAyXTc9Mhc?is=A2-wyuVFHqxZ2o1T
  5. Same, but hey, rest assured that the Devs are 100% on top of their game with Live Weather. Just look at the last dev stream. The way they all rushed to answer the questions was jaw dropping...
  6. What CPU do you have? I have an AMD7900X3D. It has dual CCD. I was finding that the simulator for some reason would constantly switch the CCD from the Cache to the Freq. Anytime this happened I got a stutter which then came with an audio popping. So, I did research, turns out this is a known behavior of the X3D Dual CCD Chips. I used Process Lasso, made the simulator exclusively on cores 0-11 (CCD Cache) set everything else on the FREQ CCD (12-23). Because of this my frame time decreases significantly and no I have a smooth experience. Additionally, are you running unlimited FPS? I recently have been locking my FPS to 35 and then setting a Dynamic Frame Target of 25 in the sim, I have a great LOD management, the simulator behaves smooth. No blurries in nearby terrain. It's perfect.
  7. I tried again. The resistance is still mushy. Better, but not anywhere near what I am expecting. I think the issue may be that I am using a profile for the Moza Cockpit app by Pascal. He actually measured the resistance and travel distance of the sidestick on a Level - D Airbus simulator. With the FFB app, its resistance is firm and has a solid center. With the profile on the FFB ap I end up guessing where the center of the stick is.
  8. I am dumb. I don't understand how to get this to give me the "Airbus feel". I started the app, clicked the Arm button, I feel vibrations, I don't feel the stick stiff like an airbus does, feels mushy and can't even center right. I validated the A321 CFM WF profile is on. What am I doing wrong?
  9. I do have the MOZA AB9, I use the Pascal A32X profile for the Moza App. Just wondering how this compliments it. I’ll probably try it. So I use this and the moza app?
  10. This may be dumb question, but how does this operate with aircraft such as the airbus A320? Is it useful or is it something that would most likely be used for general aviation or aircraft with no flyby wire?
  11. Here’s the problem. People immediately come at their defense when they see a cloudy sky up to FL180. Then say “weather looks great today”. The problem isn’t that clouds “exist” in the sim. They do have a better basic cloud system then we had in FSX. What we don’t have is variety. We don’t have also the detail required to create altocumulus clouds, anvil clouds. Everything I’ve mentioned and asked in this forum to go vote for over and over. The other thing we don’t have is a third party system that gives the developers whom can design weather with their decades of experience a chance to build something where we don’t have to rewrite the weather in the users immediate area. If we simply had an SDK that allows us to do that I think there’d be more patience to let them cook what ever it is that they say they’re “working on” even this it’s been almost 7 years of “we’re working in it”. The last part of this is that they keep hiding behind this “licensing” problem of not being able to share the weather from Meteoblue. Honestly, we don’t need it. If you have a preset that immediately deletes the live weather anyway, why would a developer with a proper tool box need to even look at that default weather? It was the same narrative with the weather radar. It almost makes me feel like I’m explaining something to my grand father whom is technologically challenged! At the end of the day I like someone else here have been flying X-plane for a week now. I have to say, MSFS looked cartoonish when I went back this week compared to it. The weather in X-plane was menacing. I was terrified to fly into a line of clouds off the approach end in KATL. I don’t get that same visual representation or density of clouds in MSFS. So, cool, another useless DLC, another water plane from the Great Depression era, another long explanation about how LOD works, another perfect example that Seb never has any clue about what the community is annoyed about. How in the hell does he not know about the threads on LOD culling, weather issues, I mean it’s summer is gone, so are we going to get a “there are no storms over Europe” comment when we mention this again in November? It’s ridiculous!
  12. I was part of a thread this week on the Synaptic Discord. We’re trying to identify why the A220 has these small stutters around the airport. One user suggested that the sensitivity may be the cause for it as it may be triggering frequent TLOD changes. And said that he changed his to 2 and it reduced the stutters. I confirmed in my test. However I am t trying to find more information on what other settings considerations I should enable or change. I run an RTX5090, 7900X3D. I cap my FPS to 39 and 4X FG to match my monitor my main and render thread are flat. So I am trying to cure those stutters that happens in this airplane and AUTOFPS combination. I also confirmed less stutters as well when not having AUTOFPS on. Additionally what exactly does the PROT button do? I have RTSS installed but I couldn’t find the description for that button. Thanks in advance.
  13. I've never seen a picture take this long to load.
  14. I've never seen a picture take this long to load.
  15. This used to happen to me when I ran the sim with FPS unlocked and had virtualization on the BIOS for the CPU. I have since turned off all virtualization and set a frame lock. The frame lock is the biggest culprit, the sim under heavy loads skips a frame and it causes the stutter and audio pop.
  16. Thanks. I'll send it over shortly.
  17. Question, did the Pause Lost Focus get removed? If so, why? I am noticing anytime I leave the sim to browse or anything the TLOD starts decreasing. Thanks
  18. Where is the invite? The ones I found in the forums leads to an invalid link
  19. So where are people discussing these things officially? I am not seeing any topics in the Official Orbx Forums.
  20. Yeah so, I feel like this is the worst $30 I've spent in the simulator in a LOOOONNGGG time. I have a RTX5090. 64GB of DDR5 Crucial Ram, 2TB NVME 2.0 on a 7900X3D. There isn't any other airport that makes me system crawl like this. Not one. This airport runs like horse 💩 on my system.
  21. Thanks. Somehow they again changed where my feedback went. Now its here.https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/where-are-the-cumulonimbus-clouds/262852/54?u=pilotowawawa
  22. For those of you who want change in the weather. Please view this topic I created where I showed the storm around the St.Louis area. How it was portrayed in MSFS, how it's impossible to recreate it with presets and a bunch of examples, and source data for them to work on. We need votes, it's the only way they will pay attention to this. https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/where-are-the-cumulonimbus-clouds/262852/54?u=pilotowawawa
  23. If that's the case, then yes lets start a new thread to make our sentiments felt. Issue i've seen is that they get merged into an already existant thread. Case and point, the 2nd thread about clouds has all of these linked after other users have opened them. https://ibb.co/WLqf2L6
  24. I really do hope that people like @SeedyL can share the sentiment about our weather reality with Live Weather. Everytime I hear Seb talk about weather he always defers back to what's possible in preset mode. Most of us don't use preset mode. If we wanted a really good preset mode, fine then open it up for developers like the Hifi team to have more control on preset creation with no transition. I'd argue we had better management of weather in the old ESP code. I again bring up the point of what we had in Active Sky Next and their ability to give us literally tornadoes in live weather, TCU and even wing fade. Secondly, this constant conversation about CFD dynamics is great, but you don't have the visuals to back it up. I have not seen a towering TCU formation ever in this sim. When I mean towering I mean what you would see in real life up to the flight levels. I hate to be the one that brings the X-Plane conversation back, but if anyone has doubts of what is possible versus what we have, look at what they do with their towering clouds. Finally, Everyone who is frustrated with the current weather status should really make their feelings known in https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/metar-keeps-disrupting-the-weather-bugged-weather-cumulus-cb-clouds-only-no-medium-to-high-cloud-coverage/487587?u=pilotowawawa. Or here . https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/where-are-the-cumulonimbus-clouds/262852?u=pilotowawawa I keep hearing that they "monitor the forums" for feedback no what get's prioritized. The basic reality is that we are not happy with the weather state. We have made it clearly apparent in many places. Anywhere you look, their forums, here, reddit, the list keeps going, so if they are so attentive to what the community is asking for, why are we still not having a serious conversation that involves the cloud depiction. TLDR: We need a serious conversation on weather depiction with LIVE weather. CFD dyanmics are great, but do they matter if we can't even see it in the sim with Live weather?.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.