Sign in to follow this  
Glenn Fitzpatrick

Big Radials have released the Norseman

I think it's best large, float, bush plane out there. I like everything about it. Manual is here. There's good short section on how to handle tail draggers on the ground, takeoffs, etc.

https://bigradials.com/pages/documentation

Meanwhile back in Orcas Island, it's time for Coors.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Looks instructing but somewhat poor choice  of avionics. I'd rather see a modern steam gauge  version with GNS430 than silly G3X in sun shield like cover.

Also tablet has fallout vibes LOL

assembled-Pip-Boy-lit-up-1091x1500px.jpg

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

Also tablet has fallout vibes LOL

assembled-Pip-Boy-lit-up-1091x1500px.jpg

How many bottlecaps does the mod cost?

• Like 2

There is a tablet overhead. It can be made to disappear (thankfully). And there is a CRT-TV (old school, late 1940's-early 1950s.). We have lots of old tube radios from the 30's to 50's in our house and they are all restored and working. The one here looks a lot like an early model from the late 1940's, almost a dead ringer. Of course, the CRT-TV is only vintage in looks because the Combined Remote Territory Technical Visualizer has a touch screen, LOL.

But the ambience of the thing is very endearing to me, I love it. !

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

You can always flip down the modern GPS and dock the CRT green screen if you prefer a more modern take.  You are currently stuck with WWII surplus Olive Drab for the cockpit though.

25 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

You can always flip down the modern GPS and dock the CRT green screen if you prefer a more modern take.  You are currently stuck with WWII surplus Olive Drab for the cockpit though.

I don't G3X. But I would settle for something like that

NorsemanCockpit_1200x.jpg?v=1635205378

• Like 1

Even using the abominable AS3 thing, I can't get the radios to actually work (as in TX/RX on VATSIM) ... other than that it's a very nice aeroplane.

26 minutes ago, keithb77 said:

Even using the abominable AS3 thing, I can't get the radios to actually work (as in TX/RX on VATSIM) ... other than that it's a very nice aeroplane.

Neither am I. And according to developers no one complained yet

I am a big fan of the Norseman and plan to pick this up soon.  I am a bit perplexed that is does not come with a ski version since the Norseman practically lived on ski's back in the day.  Its not a complex addition to the model.  Just replace the wheels with the ski's.  Hopefully it comes in a future update.  Otherwise its a fairly complete model of the Norseman.   

• Like 1

To fix the radios,

in systems.cfg, set COM1 and NAV1 to be off BUS 2 (avionics) 

change runway.flt and apron.flt to read
circuit.27=True,1.00
circuit.28=True,1.00
will now power the COM1 and NAV1 radios

🙂

• Like 1