Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

My next computer - still prefer Intel

On 10/9/2023 at 12:18 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

In P3D. I’ll leave things as they are given the stuttering has gone.

that's the point I was trying to make by approaching things in a different way. locking at 30fps is no longer needed.

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

1 hour ago, ttbq1 said:

that's the point I was trying to make by approaching things in a different way. locking at 30fps is no longer needed.

That’s a personal opinion that I disagree with. I have a perfectly fluid experience at 30. If I locate to 09L at Heathrow with around 160+ Ai in the area the load on the CPU increases significantly and core0 gets close to 100% but 30 is just about achievable.

In any case I’m not locking at 30. My monitor has a 30Hz refresh rate. I utilise that feature.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 10/8/2023 at 11:09 PM, lownslo said:

To clarify, where did you have Triple Buffering Enabled?  In P3D or in the Nvidia drivers?  TB can be useful but only if enabled in the drivers... much better than enabling the feature in the sim.

Triple Buffering in Nvidia CP only works for OpenGL. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

On 10/5/2023 at 2:53 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

It’s very early days and my top priority is to get 140+ airports installed. I’ll then position at 09L at UK2000 Heathrow in Concorde and then look at performance.

If I can get 30 there with no reduction of AIG Ai aircraft I’ll see how much I can balance fps with more complex settings. I have a native 30Hz monitor capable of 60Hz as well but not sure if intermediate refresh rates are possible.

It’s still core0 that is the important one.

My BenQ PD3200U 32" screen can do 50hz.  As well as of course 30 and 60.

I think eventually, once you have had time to dial in your performance, you may be able to sustain 40 fps even in your harshest testing scenario.

If you can't maintain 40, I too find a stutter-free 30 fps to be perfectly fine.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

@Mace, it’s all dependent on the airport and to a lesser extent, the weather. Fine tuning is still some way off.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather