Sign in to follow this  
Arun

AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D cache

On 4/11/2023 at 5:30 AM, Arun said:

Process lasso looks very complicated. Is there any easy to follow tutorials?

On 4/10/2023 at 10:10 PM, KL Oo said:

If I don't use Process Lasso, I reckon I see the operating system automatically assign CCD0 to MSFS about 70% of the time. With Chipset drivers ad game bar installed, it works more often than it doesn't. That said, I generally use Process Lasso anyway to put all the other stuff I run on CCD1 (Pilot2Atc, AIG, A Pilots Life, RealTraffic, PSXT, CHrome etc etc) and assign MSFS only to CCD0.

Only problem with using Process Lasso is that the game won't launch if you start PL first - You've got to start PL after you've launched MSFS....well, for me anyway.  

On 4/10/2023 at 8:58 AM, wiler said:

u need to set cpu affinity to 0-11 in process lasso. Windows doesnt do it , at least on my system.  Also, make sure the core engine is not running when you start msfs, otherwise it wont run! 

DO NOT use Process Lasso to artificially park cores. I've used PL for a long time, but it can cause stability issues if you do that with this sim...watch this video, he'll walk you through how to properly set up the new x3d chips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yOYfT_r0xI

• Like 1

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

17 hours ago, V1ROTA7E said:

look buddy it works for me and never had any CTD or any issues whatsoever.  

DO NOT use Process Lasso to artificially park cores. I've used PL for a long time, but it can cause stability issues if you do that with this sim...watch this video, he'll walk you through how to properly set up the new x3d chips.

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

17 hours ago, V1ROTA7E said:

by the way I watched this video when I first got the chip but it didnt force windows to park cores in CCD1 so I went w PL and it worked , flawlessly. 

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

@wiler, your replies are embedded in the post you’re quoting. That makes it look like the person you quoted said those words.

Please learn how to reply to a quoted post to avoid confusion.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I have no problem with my 7950x3d. It uses ccd0 cores when playing msfs and parks ccd1 cores. Make sure you have latest drivers and bios, game mode on and Xbox game bar installed. 

Edited by spitzer45
  • Like 1

C. Uygar

Aircraft Maint. Engineer. at LTFJ

On 4/22/2023 at 5:42 PM, wiler said:

Well i have a everything you to date and on thou it  won’t park any cores.7850x3d 

mike

Nvm I figured it out 

I guess I have to start the game via the game bar app instead of the short cut I have on desktop .

it’s working now

mike

I thought it wasn’t working for me as well. But it was. When you pull up resource manager, it’s going to show all cores being used. However, when I resized the msfs window to allow space for the resource monitor window on the same monitor, the second I started using msfs, the cores parked themselves liked they should. If I clicked back on the resource monitor, the cores unparked themselves. It’s most likely working normally, you just don’t see it. Try what I did and see if the cores are doing what you want them to do.

Something to consider….

Edited by ahsmatt7

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

1 hour ago, ahsmatt7 said:

I thought it wasn’t working for me as well. But it was. When you pull up resource manager, it’s going to show all cores being used. However, when I resized the msfs window to allow space for the resource monitor window on the same monitor, the second I started using msfs, the cores parked themselves liked they should. If I clicked back on the resource monitor, the cores unparked themselves. It’s most likely working normally, you just don’t see it. Try what I did and see if the cores are doing what you want them to do.

Something to consider….

😯 thanks for the tip . I’ll try it out.

cheers

mime