Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

Real Traffic Data Quality

I watched EBBR and EIDW this morning and yes, I also noticed jerky behavior for landing traffic.

39 minutes ago, Knoblet said:

P3Dv5.3 for the last 5 days or so

...the last 5 days or so - what? What's happened over the last 5 days or so in P3Dv5.3?

I find it disappointing that for years traffic movements were pretty consistent in P3D. Good airports were always good and bad airports with transponder off rules were always bad, at least as far as taxiing aircraft. I don't recall seeing aircraft on departure that never left the ground, or aircraft landing that flew down the runway at 200 ft. and then slow to a near stop in the air and settle vertically to the runway, or taxiway. It's bad enough to have never had something, but after you've had it for a while it's frustrating when it all goes to heck.

• Like 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

11 minutes ago, somiller said:

...the last 5 days or so - what? What's happened over the last 5 days or so in P3Dv5.3?

I find it disappointing that for years traffic movements were pretty consistent in P3D. Good airports were always good and bad airports with transponder off rules were always bad, at least as far as taxiing aircraft. I don't recall seeing aircraft on departure that never left the ground, or aircraft landing that flew down the runway at 200 ft. and then slow to a near stop in the air and settle vertically to the runway, or taxiway. It's bad enough to have never had something, but after you've had it for a while it's frustrating when it all goes to heck.

I agree. And it's not about the money (although RT Pro is not cheap after all)

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

I agree. And it's not about the money (although RT Pro is not cheap after all)

Not so pessimistic guys! We are working on it.

I just saw DLH8RK make a perfect landing at EIDW in Prepar3D. Live traffic of course. Forget historic for the time being.

Also at EGLL and KDEN I saw normal landings although at KDEN the qnh is very low (995) at the moment and aircraft tend to land before the runway in stock KDEN, don't know how it will be in a good addon file.

EDIT:  in KBOS I just saw 5 aircraft land perfectly and continue to the gate..

Edited by kiek
  • Like 2

Inibuilds KJFK will be out tomorrow. Can't wait to test it with PSXT/RT! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kiek said:

Not so pessimistic guys! We are working on it.

I just saw DLH8RK make a perfect landing at EIDW in Prepar3D. Live traffic of course. Forget historic for the time being.

Also at EGLL and KDEN I saw normal landings although at KDEN the qnh is very low (995) at the moment and aircraft tend to land before the runway in stock KDEN, don't know how it will be in a good addon file.

EDIT:  in KBOS I just saw 5 aircraft land perfectly and continue to the gate..

Do you think historic will be restored in some fashion Nico? That's what allows us to time shift in order to accommodate when we can fly.

5 hours ago, kiek said:

I have FB KDEN and today I got PSXT message KDEN.xml found but cannot be loaded. No document element found. Yesterday I did not have this problem. I re-ran airports scanning with PSXT and still receive the same message

Just completed KMIA-KATL; almost perfect. It was TS tonight at KMIA, so this line with 20 departing planes. Landings are pretty accurate with 45 sec. KATL is even better, ~12 just landed planes were taxiing to gates, 15 planes were amassed around 8R for takeoff, which were smooth. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

I have FB KDEN and today I got PSXT message KDEN.xml found but cannot be loaded. No document element found. Yesterday I did not have this problem. I re-ran airports scanning with PSXT and still receive the same message

I just fired up Learner at KDEN and it loaded fine...will Learner load it on your end?

• Like 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

4 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

I found the issue. Somehow KDEN.xml's content was completely erased since yesterday. I just copied a reserve file and everything is all right now.

Also, I have tested KDEN in online mode and it appears that PSXT/RT in Live Mode works perfectly - smooth arrivals/smooth departures. 

Just now, somiller said:

I just fired up Learner at KDEN and it loaded fine...will Learner load it on your end?

Didn't know about this trick, so I solved my problem manually 🙂 

20 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

Didn't know about this trick, so I solved my problem manually 🙂 

Weird how it got erased!

I just loaded into KDEN with PSXT/RT and it read the xml fine - I just wanted to see if maybe PSXT was more critical than Learner regarding KDEN.xml

I was going to offer my updated KDEN.xml but it only has about 35 more entries than the one in airports_archive/thirdparty/Flightbeam so it wouldn't be much of a gain.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1