Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

Bar Harbor

This flight was by request from @P_7878

Just a quick look around the Acadia National Park.

IEAWjHk.jpg

HNeyA76.jpg

yjNVxdT.jpg

Zn8lEF6.jpg

fmVELQ3.jpg

E7DtHKT.jpg

9xNX6XA.jpg

RGficy9.jpg

4z5NChf.jpg

7QlswVJ.jpg

bcj0eDV.jpg

mNkrjkU.jpg

DRz9bVU.jpg

vOmqlJW.jpg

Had to deploy the thrust reversers in flight to slow down, totally realistic right? 

6zm2edh.jpg

5agR9SX.jpg

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Jack Sawyer

Great shots Jack!!

• Like 3

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Nice overview of the park (and on request, at that). 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John F said:

Nice overview of the park (and on request, at that). 🙂

Thanks.  I like to help people.

• Like 1

Jack Sawyer

Fine set Jack !

cheers 😉

• Like 2

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

8 hours ago, pmplayer said:

Fine set Jack !

cheers 😉

Thanks again PM!

• Like 2

Jack Sawyer

Going for the JATO departure!

Nice pics

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

2 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

Going for the JATO departure!

Nice pics

Thanks Ryan.

• Like 1

Jack Sawyer

Wow...Jack...To Acadia in a Virgin Blue...🙂.... beats my ~15-hour road trip from Columbus (OH) to Bar Harbor (ME) in a Rental Ford....🙂...

Seriously, lovely pictures, you've captured, here, of this National Park...tucked away in the Northeastern Atlantic coastlines, and probably not getting as much publicity as the PNW, but equally beautiful ....

I had stayed 3 days in Bar Harbor, and clearly recall the scenic roadway up to the highest point atop the Cadillac Mountain on one of the mornings...this is no Rockies, but, nonetheless, superbly picturesque, with my favorite combination of lakes, seas, and mountains...all together in one place...btw, Jack, that summit is the highest point on the eastern seaboard of U.S....wonderful place to catch the earliest rays of sunlight of the day...(in your set, I'm guessing, the Mountain could be in the last but one or last but two shots)...

Thanks for these images from your tour/detour ...! Your series of explorations of Maine's coastlines, are admirably thorough... 🙂...

• Like 3

10 hours ago, P_7878 said:

Wow...Jack...To Acadia in a Virgin Blue...🙂.... beats my ~15-hour road trip from Columbus (OH) to Bar Harbor (ME) in a Rental Ford....🙂...

Seriously, lovely pictures, you've captured, here, of this National Park...tucked away in the Northeastern Atlantic coastlines, and probably not getting as much publicity as the PNW, but equally beautiful ....

I had stayed 3 days in Bar Harbor, and clearly recall the scenic roadway up to the highest point atop the Cadillac Mountain on one of the mornings...this is no Rockies, but, nonetheless, superbly picturesque, with my favorite combination of lakes, seas, and mountains...all together in one place...btw, Jack, that summit is the highest point on the eastern seaboard of U.S....wonderful place to catch the earliest rays of sunlight of the day...(in your set, I'm guessing, the Mountain could be in the last but one or last but two shots)...

Thanks for these images from your tour/detour ...! Your series of explorations of Maine's coastlines, are admirably thorough... 🙂...

Much appreciated.  I’m originally from Boston but I’m OK now.  I used to go to Maine every once in a while but have never been to Bar Harbor and it sounds delightful. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Jack Sawyer

Yes, Jack, life gets in the way, as they say....

I recall looking out, from atop the summit of Cadillac Mountain....at the sunrise, across the seas, and the pristinely blue waters of the lakes thousands of feet down below ...and saying to myself (and my better half...🙂...) ...Here is a place we must visit one more time...but it has not materialized so far... (btw, a couple of the lakes near the Mountain can be clearly seen in your pictures, above, the biggest one being Eagle Lake) ...

Looks like, Bangor International would be the Airport to get in quickly into this area...by air...serviced by all the 3 Majors...

Cheers ...!!

• Like 2

A beautiful set Jack and I like to see the old Virgin colours again.

Great looking countryside as well.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

A beautiful set Jack and I like to see the old Virgin colours again.

Great looking countryside as well.

Thanks Martyn.  I like to mix it up with the liveries.

• Like 1

Jack Sawyer