Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

JustSim to release Oslo then exit P3D market

58 minutes ago, Krakin said:

Selling the most units, turning a profit. That's pretty much a universal definition. Every big dev that has released products for MSFS have said they've made more money than they ever did on any platform. As I said before, it is a weird thing to question at this point.

Yes we understand you're an MSFS zealot...

Cheers

• Like 2

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

1 hour ago, Rogen said:

Yes we understand you're an MSFS zealot...

Cheers

And I understand that you are clearly upset. You don't have to be a zealot to recognize what is glaringly obvious. Keep your head in the sand if you want to...

• Like 4

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

@Krakin and @Rogen, cut out the insults or you’re both be having a holiday. This is the P3D forum. No need to mention the other sim when discussing P3D scenery.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

28 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@Krakin and @Rogen, cut out the insults or you’re both be having a holiday. This is the P3D forum. No need to mention the other sim when discussing P3D scenery.

I wasn't aware I insulted anyone....

3 minutes ago, Krakin said:

I wasn't aware I insulted anyone....

This comment suggests people who stick to P3D are lacking judgement.

”Keep your head in the sand if you want to..”

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 minute ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

This comment suggests people who stick to P3D are lacking judgement.

”Keep your head in the sand if you want to..”

No. This relates to people thinking the MSFS platform has not been lucrative for MS. I never singled out anyone in particular except for those who hold that view. It doesn't matter what their favorite sim is.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Krakin said:

No. This relates to people thinking the MSFS platform has not been lucrative for MS. I never singled out anyone in particular except for those who hold that view. It doesn't matter what their favorite sim is.

Maybe just respect people's decisions.  Whatever they are.  If they want to stick with P3D, what's the problem?  

11 minutes ago, Krakin said:

No. This relates to people thinking the MSFS platform has not been lucrative for MS.

What has that comment to do with JustSim and Oslo? Nothing. There is no need at all to mention MSFS in this topic.

That’s my last word in this. Stick to the topic.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

5 minutes ago, GoranM said:

Maybe just respect people's decisions.  Whatever they are.  If they want to stick with P3D, what's the problem?  

Maybe you should have read the posts properly and realized that the conversation had nothing to do with what anyone sticks with.....

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

What has that comment to do with JustSim and Oslo? Nothing. There is no need at all to mention MSFS in this topic.

That’s my last word in this. Stick to the topic.

I just want to point out two things then I'll be done with this.

1. You accused me of insulting people then when I clarified what my position actually was, you chose to not acknowledge it and instead pivoted to something else.

2. On the first page of this thread, you yourself mentioned MSFS and it had nothing to do with moderation. It came up multiple times because it is pretty obvious to most people in here that the existence of that platform had a lot to do with JustSim's decision. I responded to someone who questioned that influence. I didn't start talking about it out of nowhere.

If what I just said is unreasonable, I'll gladly take a permanent holiday if discussion has to be that stifled on this site. 

Edited by Krakin
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Krakin said:

Maybe you should have read the posts properly and realized that the conversation had nothing to do with what anyone sticks with.....

I did.  

Here's my issue.  BobSk8, just the other day, asked for proof of anyone in the MSFS forums going to other non MSFS forums, and mentioning anything about sim vs sim.  Because he simply couldn't believe that anyone does it.  The thread was locked before I could reply, but I saw your posts at X-Plane.org.

People like Bob, lwt, etc... have mentioned, numerous times, "Why do people from X, Y and Z sim have to come here all the time and start trouble??" and then Bob claims that NO ONE from the MSFS forums goes to other sims forums to start any arguments, because you're all so much better than us plebs at the bottom of flight sim tree.  You all don't need to go to other forums.

Sherwin, you're doing the very thing THEY are condemning.  

"Head in the sand"?  Come on, dude.  Every man and his dog knows MSFS is swimming in the cash.  No one has their head in the sand.  I don't understand why you can't just let things lie, and let people use whatever they want.

Edited by GoranM
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Stay on topic or I'll lock the thread.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, GoranM said:

Every man and his dog knows MSFS is swimming in the cash

Well then tell that to CO2 lol.

Your post was beyond weird. You once again chose to ignore what I clearly stated in an attempt to spin this into something it isn't. It seems like you're happy to visit all sorts of forums so I'll kindly ask you to keep your advice to yourself.

Anyway, has there been any word on JustSim walking back their decision like //42 did?

• Like 3

Guys, what's your opinion on Aerosoft ENGM? Because I seriously consider to take it instead of JustSim. Is there any significant performance difference? 

30 minutes ago, Krakin said:

Your post was beyond weird.

I was expecting this.  You always try to spin it into some kind of insult against the person addressing you, instead of having a civil discussion.  Personally, I think it was extremely unusual for you to go to x-plane.org and start a debate with people there, as well as one of the moderators.  

You once again chose to ignore what I clearly stated in an attempt to spin this into something it isn't.

I'm not spinning anything.  Please re-read my comments.  There is a very clear point I made.

It seems like you're happy to visit all sorts of forums so I'll kindly ask you to keep your advice to yourself.

What does one thing have to do with the other?  It's a forum.  I, along with anyone else, can make all kinds of comments.  

By all means, continue to visit other forums that discuss platforms you don't have, should you feel the need to do so.  I'll be quicker to reply to Bob next time he asks for proof of anyone MSFS going to forums of competing sims.

Back on topic.

Edited by GoranM
  • Like 1