Sign in to follow this  
Egbert Drenth

WBSim - Reset aircraft?

Hi,

After having used Flight Simulator for more then 30 years, I thought I would know how to fly the Cessna 172.
Apparently not 😁

Seriously...
I bought WBSim C172 mod and try to play a little bit with it.
Didn't realize that it saved states and now my battery is empty.
How can I reset?
Avionics obviously aren't working either, so I can turn the ADF on.

Anyone one?
(Yes, I have read the manual, it gives no clues as far as I can tell)

Egbert
P.S. Also I can't toggle the alternator master switch in the cockpit with the mouse (click/rotaty)
Is that by design?

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Happened to me too, Doc shows trick on Page 13 as noted below, (it works).

Another great feature is when your battery is drained too low to turn anything on, you can “hookup to outside power”. When you are parked at an airport, and IN a parking spot, you can click the “INOPbreaker to initiate the battery charger. The charger will be visible on the outside whilst the battery is charging. With your power switch on, hovering over this breaker will show you the battery voltage as it charges (assuming the sims tooltips are on). Eventually, your clock will show voltage too and your annunciator will come to life, as in real life.

• Like 2

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

This might help a little

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

16 minutes ago, Pivot said:

Happened to me too, Doc shows trick on Page 13 as noted below, (it works).

You saved my day!

Thanks a lot

• Like 1

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

2 hours ago, Egbert Drenth said:

You saved my day!

Thanks a lot

Yeah, when it happened to me I was, well what the heck do you do now??? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

Best GA airplane in the sim right now... and this is one of the reasons. I have been at an airport IRL and my battery died. Same dilemma, what the heck do I do now haha. The WB 172 with the soundpack is an awesome airplane, and what I will fly until the A2A Comanche comes along, because the downside is the 172 is slooooooowwww. 

• Like 2

I've been focusing on this aircraft to learn how to instruments and it's great. Highly recommend the sound pack for it too. Sounds really good.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, jpe828 said:

Best GA airplane in the sim right now... and this is one of the reasons. I have been at an airport IRL and my battery died. Same dilemma, what the heck do I do now haha. The WB 172 with the soundpack is an awesome airplane, and what I will fly until the A2A Comanche comes along, because the downside is the 172 is slooooooowwww. 

+1 here too. I keep popping in on the A2A forum but haven't noticed anything new in a while now, but finger are crossed. Where is this sound pack you mentioned? 

Regards,

Pivot

40 minutes ago, Pivot said:

+1 here too. I keep popping in on the A2A forum but haven't noticed anything new in a while now, but finger are crossed. Where is this sound pack you mentioned? 

I think it is the Boris Audio Works one.  I have been thinking about it myself.   Sounds definitely make a difference to the immersion factor as we know.  I have been using the FTsim+ C208 pack in the Black Square version and it transforms it.

https://secure.simmarket.com/boris-audio-works-cessna-172-sound-set-msfs.phtml

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

5 hours ago, Pivot said:

Yes, Boris Audioworks. Fairly cheap upgrade to the sounds. He custom recorded everything from a real 172. For me sounds are a big factor in an airplane. 

• Like 1

Thank you all guys, this sound mod is outstanding. Very good find.. 🤠👍

• Like 1

Regards,

Pivot

In real life if you fly rarely in winter, and are not parked in a hanger with 120v/240v power for a normal charger -  it is a good idea to invest in some sort of approved solar battery tender.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

7 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

In real life if you fly rarely in winter, and are not parked in a hanger with 120v/240v power for a normal charger -  it is a good idea to invest in some sort of approved solar battery tender.

Except in the UK.  Instead of connecting up to a solar charger, you might as well save time and just drain the battery and have done with it!  :laugh:

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

10 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Or, have one of those INOP breakers with the magical charging station... 🤔 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

Regards,

Pivot