Sign in to follow this  
PavlinS

My P3D Ortho Project

Anyway, guys, I am downloading again, this time I am trying USA Server for the imagery 

JaaMvEY.jpg

Hopefully this time the ground textures look better. I noticed that there is errors again, but they are a lot less. We'll see. Usually this takes two days to complete. 

I mean, at least when it comes to Google, Bing or Arcgis (which are, I believe, the main three choices in Ortho4*), you can check how the textures will look like directly on their maps website. It's easier than downloading from Ortho4* and waiting to see the result in the sim, no ?

Daube, the previous textures were Google on zoom level 18. It is obvious no one liked them, so I made a little research via Google and found that for south east Asia the best is the US ones. The rest of them, as you accurately pointed out are not that good, because the level of color mismatch is higher than this. Also I am at the moment trying new shading with Enshade / Envtex, hopefully this give better result. 

Also, I repeat, any help with ScenProc so I can add autogen, better highways and vector data will be highly appreciated, because I get 0 autogen objects creation a lot and I need help with this. 

Edited by PavlinS

Thigs are going smoothly. 

BppAVbN.png

I am afraid however this one won't have any autogen, because I did not seen any ScenProc doing anything, so I will see after. Ofc I will share images, so you guys can tell opinions on the new polygons. 

Does anyone here understands ScenProc? I really need help with it. 

Edited by PavlinS

15 hours ago, sim4life said:

I get that you have some newly found love for Ortho and I appreciate your enthusiasm. But sorry, this looks absolutely terrible. If you enjoy doing this project for yourself then by all means continue. But if you think people are going to share your enthusiasm you're going to get very disappointed.

Many of us had the same kind of enthusiasm when Tile proxy was a thing for FSX some 10-15 years ago. Back in those days photoreal scenery products were also a thing, created by people who just discovered the Ortho thing as you have now. Those sceneries still didn't look as bad as your screenshots but Tile proxy and the photoreal concept pretty much disappeared anyway.

So I think you're at least 10 years too late to the party, because trying to build a realistic scenery based on 2d textures is a dead end. Many people tried and all of them failed. There's a reason why this is not how it's done anymore. Even if you get extremely detailed hires textures using perfect color matching and seasons, it's still 2d textures. You seem to thing that autogen is going to help you. Sorry, it won't. It will just make things even worse. In fact, autogen is something you should avoid. Autogen was invented as a workaround, not a solution. "We don't know how this area looks so we're just going to throw in some generic random buildings and hope it looks ok". No, this is not how you should do it anymore.

Sorry but someone had to break this to you.

This is the way that MSFS does it, so I am not sure what your point is :huh: Granted, they have much better looking autogen than P3D, but even just adding trees makes a massive difference to the realism of photoscenery (which is what I used to do with the Horizon UK VFR Photographic Scenery and Earth Simulations TreeScapes).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 minute ago, Christopher Low said:

This is the way that MSFS does it, so I am not sure what your point is :huh: Granted, they have much better looking autogen than P3D, but even just adding trees makes a massive difference to the realism of photoscenery (which is what I used to do with the Horizon UK VFR Photographic Scenery and Earth Simulations TreeScapes).

Thank you for clarification. Honestly, I was thinking similar. But I was not sure till now. 

Soon will show images. Unfortunately no autogen will be available in them, but I will attempt to work the ScenProc to create autogen for the scenery. Just the imagery this time. Anyway, hope on reactions again, as last time, even if it's negative one. Thank you in advance. 

Here they are, coming:

17DlwJd.jpg

MHbybX1.jpg

WQTtICd.jpg

BapoKyL.jpg

O2fa8JV.jpg

I think it was worth the wait. What you guys think? I am sure, that when I add the autogen, hopefully, will look good enough. 

Edited by PavlinS

currently adding sources to the script, so I can use it. 

FENdPLc.png

Of course I will add as well the vector data I bought so I can have the whole information. This time I decided to take the latest stable release, because the most latest is not stable, still in development, hope this change the stuff. 

Anyone that can help with this is so welcome

23:19	ImportOGR	Information	Reading file E:\P3D ALL\41.ScenProc Data\1.Malaysia Vector\filtered data\shx\vegetation-polygon.shx
23:19	ImportOGR	Information	Read 1694 features from file
23:19	ImportOGR	Information	Reading file E:\P3D ALL\41.ScenProc Data\1.Malaysia Vector\filtered data\shx\building-polygon.shx
23:19	ImportOGR	Information	Read 413574 features from file
23:19	SplitGrid	Information	Splitting features in 0.0146484375 x 0.010986328125 grid...
23:19	SplitGrid	Information	Features divided in 26367 cells
23:19	SetAGNBuildingHeight	Information	Setting autogen building height...
23:19	SetAGNBuildingHeight	Information	Set autogen building height for 26367 cells
23:19	CreateAGNPolyVeg	Information	Creating autogen polygon vegetation with filter FTYPE="POLYGON" And landuse="forest"...
23:19	CreateAGNPolyVeg	Information	Created 0 autogen objects
23:19	CreateAGNPolyVeg	Information	Creating autogen polygon vegetation with filter FTYPE="POLYGON" And landuse="orchard"...
23:19	CreateAGNPolyVeg	Information	Creating autogen polygon vegetation with filter FTYPE="POLYGON" And landuse="conservation"...
23:19	CreateAGNPolyVeg	Information	Creating autogen polygon vegetation with filter FTYPE="POLYGON" And natural="wood"...
23:19	CreateAGNPolyVeg	Information	Creating autogen polygon vegetation with filter FTYPE="POLYGON" And leisure="nature_reserve"...
23:19	CreateAGNPolyVeg	Information	Creating autogen polygon vegetation with filter FTYPE="POLYGON" And leisure="garden"...
23:19	CreateAGNPolyVeg	Information	Creating autogen polygon vegetation with filter FTYPE="POLYGON" And natural="tree"...
23:20	CreateAGNPolyVeg	Information	Created 0 autogen objects
23:20	CreateAGNPolyVeg	Information	Creating autogen polygon vegetation with filter FTYPE="POLYGON" And natural="wetland"...
23:20	CreateAGNPolyVeg	Information	Creating autogen polygon vegetation with filter FTYPE="POLYGON" And leisure="park"...
23:20	CreateAGNPolyVeg	Information	Creating autogen polygon vegetation with filter FTYPE="POLYGON" And leisure="golf"...
23:20	AddAttribute	Information	Adding attribute BUILDTYPE with value 5 to features FTYPE="POLYGON" And building="*"
23:20	AddAttribute	Information	Added attribute to 0 features
23:20	AddAttribute	Information	Adding attribute BUILDTYPE with value 1 to features FTYPE="POLYGON" And building="*" And BUILDTYPE=5 And FAREARAT>0.80
23:20	AddAttribute	Information	Adding attribute BUILDTYPE with value 3 to features FTYPE="POLYGON" And building="*" And BUILDTYPE=5 And FNUMVERT<10 And FNUMPERPANG>3 And FNUMNOTPAR<2
23:20	AddAttribute	Information	Adding attribute BUILDTYPE with value 4 to features FTYPE="POLYGON" And building="*" And BUILDTYPE=5 And FCONVEX=1
23:20	AddAttributeIfInside	Information	Adding attribute BUILDCAT with value INDUSTRIAL to features FTYPE="POLYGON" And building="*" that are inside FTYPE="POLYGON" AND (LUCODE=16)
23:20	AddAttributeIfInside	Information	Added attribute to 0 features
23:20	AddAttributeIfInside	Information	Adding attribute BUILDCAT with value COMMERCIAL to features FTYPE="POLYGON" And building="*" that are inside FTYPE="POLYGON" AND (LUCODE=15)
23:20	AddAttributeIfInside	Information	Added attribute to 0 features
23:20	AddAttribute	Information	Adding attribute ROOFTYPE with value PEAKED_ALL to features FTYPE="POLYGON" And building="*" And FWIDTH>5
23:20	AddAttribute	Information	Adding attribute ROOFTYPE with value PEAKED_SIMPLE to features FTYPE="POLYGON" And building="*" And FWIDTH>5 And FLENGTH<12
23:20	AddAttribute	Information	Adding attribute ROOFTYPE with value PEAKED_LOW_PITCH to features FTYPE="POLYGON" And building="*" And FWIDTH>20
23:20	AddAttribute	Information	Adding attribute ROOFTYPE with value GABLED to features FTYPE="POLYGON" And building="*" And FWIDTH>20
23:20	AddAttribute	Information	Adding attribute ROOFTYPE with value PAVILLION to features FTYPE="POLYGON" And building="*" And FWIDTH>20
23:20	AddAttribute	Information	Adding attribute ROOFTYPE with value PEAKED_LOW_PITCH to features BUILDCAT="INDUSTRIAL"
23:20	AddAttribute	Information	Adding attribute ROOFTYPE with value PEAKED_LOW_PITCH to features BUILDCAT="COMMERCIAL"
23:20	ReplacePolygonByBuildingRectangles	Information	Replacing polygons with building rectangles for polygons that match filter FTYPE="POLYGON" AND (BUILDTYPE=3)
23:20	ReplacePolygonByBuildingRectangles	Information	Created 0 building rectangles
23:20	CreateAGNGenBuild	Information	Creating autogen generic buildings with filter FTYPE="POLYGON" AND (BUILDTYPE<3 And ROOFTYPE="PEAKED_ALL") AND FWIDTH>1 AND FLENGTH>1...
23:20	CreateAGNGenBuild	Information	Created 0 autogen objects
23:20	CreateAGNGenBuild	Information	Creating autogen generic buildings with filter FTYPE="POLYGON" AND (BUILDTYPE<3 And ROOFTYPE="PEAKED_SIMPLE") AND FWIDTH>1 AND FLENGTH>1...
23:20	CreateAGNGenBuild	Information	Creating autogen generic buildings with filter FTYPE="POLYGON" AND (BUILDTYPE<3 And ROOFTYPE="PEAKED_LOW_PITCH") AND FWIDTH>1 AND FLENGTH>1...
23:20	CreateAGNGenBuild	Information	Creating autogen generic buildings with filter FTYPE="POLYGON" AND (BUILDTYPE<3 And ROOFTYPE="GABLED") AND FWIDTH>1 AND FLENGTH>1...
23:20	CreateAGNGenBuild	Information	Creating autogen generic buildings with filter FTYPE="POLYGON" AND (BUILDTYPE<3 And ROOFTYPE="PAVILLION") AND FWIDTH>1 AND FLENGTH>1...
23:20	CreateAGNGenBuild	Information	Creating autogen generic buildings with filter FTYPE="POLYGON" AND (building="*" And FWIDTH<20) AND FWIDTH>1 AND FLENGTH>1...
23:20	CreateAGNGenBuild	Information	Creating autogen generic buildings with filter FTYPE="POLYGON" AND (building="*" And FWIDTH>20) AND FWIDTH>1 AND FLENGTH>1...
23:20	ExportAGN	Information	Writing AGN files to folder E:\P3D ALL\38.Photoreal scenery P3D from Ortho\2.Lumpur 2
23:20	ExportAGN	Information	Written 0 autogen files
23:20	SceneryProcessor	Information	scenProc finished processing
23:20	SceneryProcessor	Information	   13.84 seconds for ImportOGR
23:20	SceneryProcessor	Information	   11.39 seconds for SplitGrid
23:20	SceneryProcessor	Information	    0.00 seconds for SetAGNBuildingHeight
23:20	SceneryProcessor	Information	    6.31 seconds for CreateAGNPolyVeg
23:20	SceneryProcessor	Information	    6.41 seconds for AddAttribute
23:20	SceneryProcessor	Information	    1.29 seconds for AddAttributeIfInside
23:20	SceneryProcessor	Information	    0.54 seconds for ReplacePolygonByBuildingRectangles
23:20	SceneryProcessor	Information	    4.19 seconds for CreateAGNGenBuild
23:20	SceneryProcessor	Information	    0.02 seconds for ExportAGN
23:20	SceneryProcessor	Information	   44.00 seconds total

Edited by PavlinS

Guys, for now I am working manually on it, because this is obviously the only way for me to work on it for now. 

Hope someone help with all that autogen. 

8eCt4f1.jpg

This is my SimDirector, because I have Professional Plus license. 

The colors on that sequence of screenshots above are much better than the initial group of screenshots, for sure.

But now there might be a little bit too much saturation. It's like, the green fields are almost fluorescent. This is especially visible on that very last screenshot above. What did you do to adjust the colors, compared to the very first time ? You are definitely on the right track, but you need to adjust the settings (for color adjustment) just a little bit more.

And yes, once the autogen will get on these, it will look even better.

I added HDR in Reshade. I'll remove it for the next test. Still trying with ScenProc, it is difficult, but I will find a way, no matter how much I have to try. 

Guys, I managed to EXTRACT BUILDINGS. Now it becomes interesting. Expect new images soon! 

Edited by PavlinS
  • Upvote 1

oke, here some buildings on the landscape:

viesZqp.jpg

YFTZmyc.jpg

It is not much, but I finally found a script that works. There will be more, because I have a lot more data and all those polygons will be filled at the end. Next is to find good tree script and then good script for transport highways and other transport vector data. And then, I sincerely hope it will be good enough to be published and work as scenery for you guys to enjoy if you want to. 

Btw, if it is too saturated still, no worries, I can work more on the shading. 

Hm. Well, obviously most of the autogen I'll have to place on my own. Except, well, to find a way to create more autogen via annotator from the Prepar3D SDK. 

IDfnV4E.jpg

I know, it looks the same. Needs work. A lot of work, to look good enough. 

• Like 1

Actually, I am attempting something, guys - I decided to download OSM data for ScenProc from Ortho4XP_P3D. That way I am covering the same area with autogen, but this time the script will be combination from the scrips for buildings / trees I developed earlier today. This might give a lot better result and a lot more intense autogen. 

KUQF6kq.png

Takes a lot more time now to process the tile, which gives me hope. That way I will have a lot less manual work. Now I only need to find how to do photorealistic water and photorealistic vector data for highways / urban transport and that's it. 

Btw, the fact I am using USA2 data for the tile and Google data for the autogen does not change a thing - I will copy only the data from the texture folder, which is the autogen created from ScenProc. That way I will preserve the quality of the USA2 Tile imagery for the ground. 

Edited by PavlinS