Sign in to follow this  
PavlinS

My P3D Ortho Project

QqVw9HW.jpg

XTvjYHc.jpg

It seems that the Chestnut is the best tree for the job. This is just a test, guys. When I finish it will look even better, I promise. 

• Like 1

On 5/5/2023 at 9:33 AM, Christopher Low said:

This is the way that MSFS does it, so I am not sure what your point is :huh: Granted, they have much better looking autogen than P3D, but even just adding trees makes a massive difference to the realism of photoscenery (which is what I used to do with the Horizon UK VFR Photographic Scenery and Earth Simulations TreeScapes).

Wow, you guys are really obsessed with MSFS. You bring it up in pretty much every single post no matter what the topic is. And then they warn and ban us who respond for talking about MSFS.

Anyway, no, this is absolutely not how MSFS does it. Taking a bunch of blurry aerial/satellite photos and then try to cover up the fact that it looks terrible by using even more terrible looking autogen is not how they do it. Most of us stopped doing that 10-15 years ago. Because it's simply is not the right way to do things.

I am not obsessed with MSFS. I do not even own it. I use P3Dv4.5HF2.

As far as I was aware, MSFS streams flat 2D Bing photoscenery, and adds a mesh and autogen on top of that. If that is not the case, then please let me know how it is different. I am genuinely curious.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

43 minutes ago, sim4life said:

Wow, you guys are really obsessed with MSFS.

I are not obsessed with MSFS2020. You were the one that suggested for me to try creation of scenery for P3D via Unreal Engine 5.1. Christopher was just clearing the stuff up when he said that this is the way MSFS2020 does their scenery. You are deviating the subject. I would pref. for you to give me constructive criticism, instead of pointless argument. 

Edited by PavlinS

Guys, please, can we stick to the subject at hand? We are talking specifically creation of photoscenery for P3D. Let's not turn this subject argumentative, it won't bring any goods to any of us. 

Unfortunately the script is processing only trees for now, but I will make as manual script for the buildings using the .osm data I downloaded from Ortho4XP_P3D. 

UwcCbAJ.png

No one is saying anything about the shading - any criticisms on it? I am still no Tomato Shade. 

Pavlin, the colours appear to be over saturated, at least on my screens.. Especially in the first screen shot. Good luck with the project.

Cheers

Steve Hall

That's weird. Btw, I added haze tweak to my shaders. Please, give me opinion - this looks better?

oc0AKBO.png

I know it's not subject, but I think it looks better. I drastically lowered down my HDR saturation. 

Edited by PavlinS

When you develop a scenery, it is important that it looks good on all monitors. So for most images it is good to increase the contrast, decrease the brightness and slightly increase the saturation. However, the images you are using seem to be too bright and saturated already. You have to change this in the image files before they are compiled to bgls with the resample.exe - for example with image editing programmes like IrfanView, Photoshop or Gimp.
I myself do not use any shaders for all my preview images, with the HDR settings set to 1-1-1.

Kind regards, Matthias
My System: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080S, Win11 Pro, MSFS+Prepar3Dv5.3
My photosceneries at the FSXForum and FSDeveloper

A32X_Cockpit.pngbanner_onboard1pfhr.png

2 hours ago, MatthiasKNU said:

When you develop a scenery, it is important that it looks good on all monitors. So for most images it is good to increase the contrast, decrease the brightness and slightly increase the saturation. However, the images you are using seem to be too bright and saturated already. You have to change this in the image files before they are compiled to bgls with the resample.exe - for example with image editing programmes like IrfanView, Photoshop or Gimp.
I myself do not use any shaders for all my preview images, with the HDR settings set to 1-1-1.

Thank you for your post, but on your pc this won't look like that, because unlike yours I have shading installed. I mean, custom sky textures, Reshade and Envtex / Envshade, plus tweaks. I mean, on your pc will look totally different, so those colors hardly will look the same. 

Thank for the opinions, but let's concentrate on the subject. Sharing new images soon. Please, do not mind my shading. It's not the purpose of the conversation. 

Edited by PavlinS

Time for new photos, guys! 

Here how it looks now:

XEJyS1E.jpg

IlGJXo0.jpg

IYmIVnh.jpg

zNQivKE.jpg

Shading is better now, is it? 

Now, I need to fix the autogen to not look like that. I will add more trees manually in SimDirector. Also more buildings. Hopefully this fix everything else. Then will be nice to make more good looking highways with a script, using the same data I already have. 

What you guys think? Do you like the progress for now? Do you have any criticism? 

Btw the airport is not made from me, this is A_A Sceneries Kuala Lumpur international airport. It is payware from SimMarket. 

You prob. noticed that there is trees over highways. So I am going to download again the map data, this time from the USA2 server, so I can create autogen that follows the shape of the ground data. Hopefully this fix stuff, so I can have less manual labor when I start with SimDirector

nrCwX1h.jpg

Edited by PavlinS
adding new information about the creation process
  • Like 1

Process is almost over, creating buildings now and hopefully this time they work properly. 

Hope this time no trees / buildings over highways. 

Edited by PavlinS

Here' new photo's, guys..... 

Unfortunately the tree polygons are not following the shape. This means, that I will have a lot of work in SimDirector deleting them and replacing stuff. Anyway, starting right now. 

kMUjrOG.jpg

MAsUAh1.jpg

rYXRBbz.jpg

• Like 1

Because I don't like the vegetation of my trees I will start from scratch. I created buildings separately, now I will show some images with them:
0KT4hPI.jpg

1W71JdE.jpg

n7SpfGl.jpg

Now will use the vegetation polygon I have from the purchased data to add trees. Hopefully this time it works properly. 

• Like 2