xCraft E-Jets Family News for XP12

On 5/10/2023 at 9:26 PM, Bjoern said:

Be aware:

• Left and right PFD and MFD are not independent
  • AP speed must be set manually, so no VNAV speeds
  • No procedural turns or holds
  • No glide path mode
  • All waypoints are treated as fly-past, not fly-over

All items are likely subject to change down the development cycle.

You can’t be serious - 75 USD for an E-Jet addon that can’t capture the glideslope or hold? And the displays aren’t independent? I was very nearly going to buy this I’m very glad I didn’t.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, rondon9898 said:

You can’t be serious - 75 USD for an E-Jet addon that can’t capture the glideslope or hold? And the displays aren’t independent? I was very nearly going to buy this I’m very glad I didn’t.

FMS GP, not the ILS G/S

But still, glad you didn't buy

2 actual line flight in, here is my main impressing:

Over all it's still like other x-craft add-on, a mostly default system packaged..sorta well..with some of their own code.

AP/FD/AT is all kinds of jaggy, talk with them they say functions like FLCH is totally default X-Plane problem, they can't do much about it unless use custom code AP... I kinda like..WUT?

While they are proud they now have custom ND display, and it does look much more like the real thing than old one, it still uses the same sim command and the very same range (2,4,10,20,40,80,160),rather than the actual EJets' 10, 25, 50... makes me also wonder it's still just a shell for default code (I might be wrong).

AutoThrottle/reverser, Autospeedbrake not work well with my hardware... which is a very basic TCA airbus set...

The "AUTHENTIC" FMS is OK, they said it'll lack some page at start, then fine, but even some page they have is not function well, with some very annoying issue. I won't go too detail but over all I feel it "looks nice but quite annoying to use".

Over all, it's not up to my hype, I wait it for month, now I'll reinstall Feelthere EJets to my P3Dv5. which I feel more enjoyable even if it's not more realistic. It was also a over $100 overpriced packaged when it's out, but now it's $50, which is the price range I feel the x-crafts should also be.

Will it improve? the devs seems very active for now, so there is hope, I remember back when feelthere v3 is out, the aerodynamic is completely off, but it was fixed in sp1 after their devs have contact me for more information.

But the underline architecture makes me a little suspicion on how far can they got from there.

• Upvote 1

I wish I had read this forum first, I definitely would not have bought this product.

Despite initial reservations I thought I would give it a go, and now having reported a long list of missing features and buggy behaviour on the native forum, X-plane have suspended my account so be careful. X-Crafts themselves have been very gracious responding to my observations and even offered me a spot as beta tester. However I cannot respond to them after being excommunicated.

This has definitely been misrepresented in advertising and I cannot recommend the product, which has been sold way too early. Their website states: "The E-Jets Family for X-Plane 12 and X-Plane 11 sets a new standard for these regional jets in commercial flight simulation, and we are proud to finally give you a chance to experience a truly authentic version of the E-Jets."

As someone who flies these in real life, I can state categorically that it is not authentic, but a collection of workarounds that may bear a close resemblance to the real thing in some instances but nonetheless falls way short of the marketing propaganda. It was not "exciting", but frustrating, surprising and disappointing.

• Like 3

Christopher Allan

18 minutes ago, X24 said:

I wish I had read this forum first, I definitely would not have bought this product.

I feel the same way, I was stupid to buy it on launch day... 😠

What's worse in my opinion is that people nowadays don't care if there are too many bugs or missing features, they just want the "eye candy". 

• Like 2

Hamilton Müller

2 hours ago, X24 said:

now having reported a long list of missing features and buggy behaviour on the native forum, X-plane have suspended my account so be careful.

Very sad indeed. That forum is not a place to have a honest discussion.

Edited by brinx
  • Like 3

Flight Sim PC - OS: Windows 11 Pro. CPU: i9-13900K.  RAM: 64GB. GPU: NVidia RTX 4090 OC
Flight Sim Xbox - Seriex X, 3TB

I can't comment as I don't have the plane. However I was considering purchasing it given the glowing review on XPlaneReviews website. Maybe another site "not to have an honest discussion" about matters software. Pity.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thepitts said:

I can't comment as I don't have the plane. However I was considering purchasing it given the glowing review on XPlaneReviews website. Maybe another site "not to have an honest discussion" about matters software. Pity.

It is a pity.

The guy from X-Crafts who wrote back to me seemed sincere, and I like to think people will do what they say will. If they keep developing this product then in time it could be quite good. It was confirmed that the dev team is basically down to a couple of guys at present, and that this was never intended to be a hi-fidelity study-level project because that would be beyond their ability. At least he was honest in that regard, and it's anybody's guess what will ultimately be considered acceptable further down the track.

From what I could glean before being locked out of the X-Plane forum, a number of people reported similar issues with the automatics especially, and the developers admitted to challenges which they hope to resolve once they work out what XP12 needs to make things work properly.

I'm still waiting to hear back about getting my account re-opened.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Allan

1 hour ago, bogdansrb said:

The less people use that forum, the better, it's simply run by fanatics. Unfortunately it's the default support forum for the developers, and the store is where most sell their products.

Agree 100%  👏

Hamilton Müller