Sign in to follow this  
El Diablito

A Pilot's Life Question

I finally bought this last night and took a job flying A320s with Viva Air Peru. 1st flight was a doozy, out of Lima into Cusco, at night, during a thunderstorm!

Just one problem really, after a spectacular RNAV approach to rw28 - when I was parked up at the gate, APL still showed that I was in the transition to descent phase. When I shut the aircraft down (once the passengers deboarded) and went back to the main menu of the sim, its showed I was on Taxi-In and it remained stuck there before I shut down the whole thing. It wouldn't let me look at the flight report or submit my flight as you need to be in the post-flight phase for this to happen. Pretty frustrating.

Is this a common bug or is it something I'm not doing myself? Thanks in advance..

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

you need to set the Cruise Altitude manual according to your Cruise Level in the APL Flight Menu in the upper Right Corner. So that you Aircraft can reach the Cruise status. 

Otherwise it wont recognize that you reached it and start with the decent/landing and Taxi In Phase

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bam2000 said:

you need to set the Cruise Altitude manual according to your Cruise Level in the APL Flight Menu in the upper Right Corner. So that you Aircraft can reach the Cruise status. 

Otherwise it wont recognize that you reached it and start with the decent/landing and Taxi In Phase

I had the feeling that was it. I adjusted it mid flight. Lesson learned. I appreciate your reply, Bam.

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

You need to read the manual that comes with the program.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

You need to read the manual that comes with the program.

I read it from top to bottom with a cup of tea. Cheers, Bob. Mistakes happen.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, El Diablito said:

I read it from top to bottom with a cup of tea. Cheers, Bob. Mistakes happen.

I read it a couple of times and still make a couple of mistakes. Now I am getting between 98 and 100 on every flight. Most mistakes were outlined in section 4.3 in the manual. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

It did the same thing to me with the taxi-in phase. Didn't update until I turned everything off to cold and dark. Once that was completed it shifted into Post and I was able to turn the flight in for credit.

6 minutes ago, Lotharen said:

It did the same thing to me with the taxi-in phase. Didn't update until I turned everything off to cold and dark. Once that was completed it shifted into Post and I was able to turn the flight in for credit.

This is good info too on their Discord FAQ Page.

Lights usage guide ( APL V2 )
START OF FLIGHT
- navigation lights – ON (steady)
BEFORE START OF ENGINES
- beacon (anti-collision) - ON
BEFORE TAXI (AFTER PUSHBACK)
- taxi lights - ON
BEFORE ENTERING RUNWAY
- landing lights - ON
- strobes – ON
AFTER TAKEOFF
- taxi lights – OFF
AT 10000FT IN CLIMB
- landing lights - OFF
AT 10000FT IN DESCENT
- landing lights - ON
GEAR DOWN
- taxi lights - ON
AFTER RUNWAY VACATED
- landing lights – OFF
- strobes - OFF
BEFORE TURNING INTO STAND
- taxi lights – OFF
AFTER ENGINES OFF (eng2 – FIRST & eng1 – SECOND)
AND FLIGHT SUBMITTED IN APL V2
- beacon (anti-collision) - OFF

• Like 1

5 hours ago, El Diablito said:

I finally bought this last night and took a job flying A320s with Viva Air Peru. 1st flight was a doozy, out of Lima into Cusco, at night, during a thunderstorm!

Just one problem really, after a spectacular RNAV approach to rw28 - when I was parked up at the gate, APL still showed that I was in the transition to descent phase. When I shut the aircraft down (once the passengers deboarded) and went back to the main menu of the sim, its showed I was on Taxi-In and it remained stuck there before I shut down the whole thing. It wouldn't let me look at the flight report or submit my flight as you need to be in the post-flight phase for this to happen. Pretty frustrating.

Is this a common bug or is it something I'm not doing myself? Thanks in advance..

The ONLY route this has happened to me is SPJC > SPZO.  Folks on Discord suggested I had not reached cruise but that is not the case as I absolutely did--twice.  I submitted a ticket on it but haven't heard back.  I did the route a few times because it's fabulous but disappointing it didn't take.  I assume it has something to do w/ the 11,000 ft landing.

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

This happened to me a long time ago. If I recall correctly, it was due to a bug and was fixed in the beta version. If you are not using the beta version, I suggest trying it.

1 hour ago, Noel said:

The ONLY route this has happened to me is SPJC > SPZO.  Folks on Discord suggested I had not reached cruise but that is not the case as I absolutely did--twice.  I submitted a ticket on it but haven't heard back.  I did the route a few times because it's fabulous but disappointing it didn't take.  I assume it has something to do w/ the 11,000 ft landing.

Yeah it's a great approach but I think I'll skip it for now just in case the altitude of the airport is an issue. Just out of curiosity, did you have the same issue once you landed? ie: it showed you in a different state of flight?

17 minutes ago, qqwertzde said:

This happened to me a long time ago. If I recall correctly, it was due to a bug and was fixed in the beta version. If you are not using the beta version, I suggest trying it.

Thanks for the headsup. Is there an advantage to the beta? Curious to know if it's wise to move to a version where bugs can occur more frequently in order to circumnavigate a bug! 😬

12 minutes ago, El Diablito said:

Thanks for the headsup. Is there an advantage to the beta? Curious to know if it's wise to move to a version where bugs can occur more frequently in order to circumnavigate a bug! 😬

I never have ANY issues w/ the standard/stable version except for the one flight you brought up and I have 100's of flights. FWIW the Dev has not addressed, or at least didn't say my ticket was resolved but instead is "in analysis"....since Jan 2023.  I'll ask on their Discord to see if the stable version has addressed this.

A main support person just stated this, "

Kurt (sabres431)cfe6764182be973de42b8268f056a5a3.png?sizToday at 9:09 AM

I don't believe anyone has stated it has been fixed in beta, and yes it is due to the airport elevation
Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

6 hours ago, El Diablito said:

I had the feeling that was it. I adjusted it mid flight. Lesson learned. I appreciate your reply, Bam.

At what point in mid-flight? I have adjusted the cruise level while actually in cruise quite a few times before and it automatically registered in the cruise phase.

31 minutes ago, Kevin_28 said:

At what point in mid-flight? I have adjusted the cruise level while actually in cruise quite a few times before and it automatically registered in the cruise phase.

I have done that a couple of times too, and had no problem.