Sign in to follow this  
jrw4

PMDG release updates for 737 and DC-6

All here

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/251018-19may23-full-broadside-of-msfs-updates-for-dc-6-and-737-fleet#post251072

Have a good weekend.

PS Apologies if this was posted earlier. I was unable to use the AVSIM search function this morning due to an index update. I couldn't find a previous posting by scanning, so I thought I would post here.

• Like 1

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

41 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

This is an update from PMDG yesterday Bob.. but before all the sniping at PMDG starts (probably around the EFB and lack of real news), I'll just get in first by musing how it's hard to tell their recent dev updates apart I guess 🙂 I see RSR even mentions the last two parts about the 777/etc are a copy/paste from previous updates hehe.

He does lay out a refresher on the technical reasons why the EFB has taken so long, but I suspect that's not going to make much of a difference for the posts to come 🙂

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

But just to be clear, I did create a title that emphasized the actual software updates. There's also a bit more about the XBox process which seems to be in the hands of MS at the moment.

• Like 1

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

3 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

This is an update from PMDG yesterday Bob.. but before all the sniping at PMDG starts (probably around the EFB and lack of real news), I'll just get in first by musing how its is hard to tell their recent dev updates apart I guess 🙂 I see RSR even mentions the last two parts about the 777 etc are a copy/paste from previous updates hehe.

OK, I see that now. I wish there had been something on the DC6 regarding Gyropilot-GPS issues, instead of just fixes for X box users. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Robert's encyclopedic explanation could have been simplified to:

We updated a few things on aircraft X, Y, and Z - nothing noticeable or useful...EFB...XBOX...777.

• Like 9

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Anyone else feel as though the engine spool times have gotten insanely fast with this update? The 0-40% spool was already too fast before but now it's practically the same speed as 40-100%.

1 hour ago, Andrew2448 said:

Anyone else feel as though the engine spool times have gotten insanely fast with this update? The 0-40% spool was already too fast before but now it's practically the same speed as 40-100%.

I see no difference and all I am flying now is the 737-800

2 hours ago, somiller said:

nothing noticeable or useful...EFB

They announced in this update that the EFB is entering beta next week and after that they can discuss potential release dates.

It's a fairly big milestone.

54 minutes ago, BrammyH said:

They announced in this update that the EFB is entering beta next week and after that they can discuss potential release dates.

It's a fairly big milestone.

You believed that?...lol!!!!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i smell that the 777 will come out for christmas 2023....maybe. So Working Title Simulations thanks for the 787 and 747. At least we have some long haul aircraft to use. Unfortunately i dont like the boeing 737 and for short flights i only use the Fenix. 

I am having difficulty understanding this RSR and what is behind his resistance to fixing issues that are so obvious in each model. 

There have been some persistent bugs with the 737 since its initial release that still have not been addressed. It is simply inconceivable that the real/consultant pilots operating the 737 failed to identify and report these technical malfunctions.

A/P is very rough in banks and not so much in pitch.

While in A/P (LNAV) before/after each waypoint will bank L/R aggressively 2 or 3 degrees before settling down and visible spikes in FD. This should be a smooth transition without any jumps to that magnitude.

Issues with turn anticipation.

Clock, MCP displays (digits) will not dim making it unpleasant/unrealistic during nighttime.

The airplane is very light in controls like a light twin, with almost no control load/feel.

Yes, it is a game, and impossible to create a real replica, but there are developers that managed better/plausible flight characteristics. 

I can understand why people are eagerly awaiting updates for EFB, 777, and 747. However, I have noticed that some obvious bugs have not been fixed despite the considerable amount of time that has passed. This raises concerns about the quality, quality control, and direction of PMDG's products.

The other alarming issue is if you raise complaints about these bugs on their forum, messages get deleted and if you write a ticket the answer (if any) is that "a few users has reported this but it is not reproduced in our systems". Total no interest to troubleshoot the problem.
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

46 minutes ago, LRBS said:

The other alarming issue is if you raise complaints about these bugs on their forum, messages get deleted and if you write a ticket the answer (if any) is that "a few users has reported this but it is not reproduced in our systems". Total no interest to troubleshoot the problem.

Wish I had a dollar for every time I heard that, regarding DC6 Issues. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I get more excited about the freeware scene these days. What WT and FBW is working on is more interesting than waiting on the same old...

Edited by MikeH99
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MikeH99 said:

I get more excited about the freeware scene these days. What WT and FBW is working on is more interesting than waiting on the same old...

Indeed the TBM and Longitude are really something now with the Navigraph/Simbrief integration and WT improvements. Not to mention FBW and Headwinds are REALLY coming along nicely.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1