Sign in to follow this  
EnSnellHest

Simconnect connection failure

53 minutes ago, rwalls said:

I get those same "Simconnect Fail " errors. I use GSX, FS2Crew RAAS, FS2Crew various copilots, PSXT, FSRealistic and sometimes SLC. I think they all use Simconnect but these errors didn't start until recently. I believe it was with SU14 but I'm not certain. Sometimes I get to fly but more often than not I get the error on one or more of those products.

Exactly!

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker | 850W Thermaltake 80+ GOLD |

Yeah, seems like every time a new brick is added, the wall comes down and has to be rebuilt. I am trying to use FS Traffic now and see if that works. Have not had any issue with FSRealistic. Did have some issue with GSX Pro starting.

Been trying a few things last fww days, but still have the issues.

Yesterday I tried the " verify the integrity of game files"-option in the steam app, which essencially is a partial (complete?) re-install of the game. It was a ~100GB download/install atleast.

Didnt do much though.

This problem sucks so much...

I have experienced this Simconnect Error recently involving one of my apps "FSFO Next" as well as GSX. Thinking this may be the issue, I've undertaken a process of elimination in my COMMUNITY folder.  I zeroed in on UK2000 Sceneries I have & any Liveries I have downloaded for the Aerosoft CRJ 700. Because I hadn't used these in a while, I actually was beginning to think the issue may be the CRJ Liveries and or the UK2000 Airport (EGJJ) I had loaded when this issue began,  which had not been updated in a while. So I reinstalled all my UK2000 Scenery's (which in fact were in need of updates). After the scenery was updated FSFO is running as it should with NO Simconnect ERROR and hopefully I nailed the problem. This was just a shot in the dark for me, but seems to have resolved the issue. The Community Folder can be very uncooperative to us at times.

Edited by TomCYYZ

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker | 850W Thermaltake 80+ GOLD |

Ah thats interesting. Will try to delete some addons which I dont use that much.

Going to be a needle in a haystack though, with 500GB in the community folder hehe

I use Addon Linker, easy to move addons in and out of the Community Folder, Most Important and Useful app I have ever used in MSFS, a BIG Thank You to @Bad_T!

Edited by TomCYYZ

I don't think its any one application in particular that is causing the problem. It may be some Simconnect capacity limit because the problem seems to move around. But once it happens then no other app can use Simconnect.

Does anyone know if there are open tickets with Asobo on this?

8 hours ago, rwalls said:

I don't think its any one application in particular that is causing the problem. It may be some Simconnect capacity limit because the problem seems to move around. But once it happens then no other app can use Simconnect.

Does anyone know if there are open tickets with Asobo on this?

I'm with this problem too, and also don't think it's an application problem. Only recently started having this issue, with no new applications, so something has changed.

Updated the SDK, but no luck...

Hope for a fix

....I was also having problems connecting the Fenix A320 as well. They offered a tip, to change the "Simconnect.xml"  settings for "MaxClients" enteries from 64 to 128. The file is located here. it solved my Fenix connection issue:

Microsoft Store:
C:\Users<user_name>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\

Steam:
C:\Users<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\

Edited by TomCYYZ

2 hours ago, TomCYYZ said:

....I was also having problems connecting the Fenix A320 as well. They offered a tip, to change the "Simconnect.xml"  settings for "MaxClients" enteries from 64 to 128. The file is located here. it solved my Fenix connection issue:

Microsoft Store:
C:\Users<user_name>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\

Steam:

Thanks, that sounds like it might be the solution to multiple Simconnect errors. I will give it a try.

On 12/21/2023 at 8:57 PM, TomCYYZ said:

Microsoft Store:

Steam:

I've tried 4 start ups of the flight sim with these settings, and so far its been working!

Hopefully that was the fix we needed. Will report back if things turn ugly again! 🙂

Cheers!

• Like 1

On 12/21/2023 at 11:57 AM, TomCYYZ said:

Microsoft Store:

Steam:

I did a few flights after increasing the MaxClients setting using the apps I normally fly with that use Simconnect. Everything worked and no errors.

Thanks for sharing information about the fix with us.

9 hours ago, rwalls said:

I did a few flights after increasing the MaxClients setting using the apps I normally fly with that use Simconnect. Everything worked and no errors.

Thanks for sharing information about the fix with us.

Glad it worked out for you! Maybe it can be useful for others as well.

Posted (edited)
On 12/24/2023 at 4:16 AM, TomCYYZ said:

Glad it worked out for you! Maybe it can be useful for others as well.

Currently have a simconnect error when running FSLTL, also running the MSFS Map Enhancement Mod, the Dynamic LOD mod and GSX.

Started over the weekend attempting to learn the FBW A320 and have noticed at times the throttles etc fail to move or a dead aircraft with no power.  Batteries showing zero, ground power etc fails to power up.  I will try the above edit of the xml file.  AIG works which is strange, perhaps it injects differently to FSLTL.

UPDATE: I editted all the references of 64 to 128 in the SimConnect.xml and restarted the sim and FSLTL connects now

Edited by cj-ibbotson
  • Like 1

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

1 hour ago, cj-ibbotson said:

Currently have a simconnect error when running FSLTL, also running the MSFS Map Enhancement Mod, the Dynamic LOD mod and GSX.

Started over the weekend attempting to learn the FBW A320 and have noticed at times the throttles etc fail to move or a dead aircraft with no power.  Batteries showing zero, ground power etc fails to power up.  I will try the above edit of the xml file.  AIG works which is strange, perhaps it injects differently to FSLTL.

UPDATE: I editted all the references of 64 to 128 in the SimConnect.xml and restarted the sim and FSLTL connects now

👍

• Like 1