Sign in to follow this  
macpilot

Custom Camera Views

Since I moved I can't define custom cockpit views. Same configuration Nothing regarding HW changed.

I the past I used left ctrl-alt+ numeric pad 5 or one of the other numbers to set the view. The number to got to the view. I tried ctrl alt plus the number to select the view.

What have I missed or has something changed? The keys work fine in Word.

Thank You!

Bill

Make sure Num Lock is on when saving the custom camera views.

Check your control assignments to verify that the keys mapped to the "LOAD CUSTOM CAMERA 0-9" commands are the ones you're using to select the camera view. 

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Make sure to Reset Cockpit View whenever Custom Views stops working correctly.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

30 minutes ago, Bob Scott said:

Make sure Num Lock is on when saving the custom camera views.

Check your control assignments to verify that the keys mapped to the "LOAD CUSTOM CAMERA 0-9" commands are the ones you're using to select the camera view. 

What if your keyboard does not have a "num lock" key?  I have a very cheap simple keyboard that came with the pc years ago.  It has the 10 pad on the right but no num lock key.  I have also been having the same problems as the author of this thread.  

1 hour ago, macpilot said:

Since I moved I can't define custom cockpit views. Same configuration Nothing regarding HW changed.

I the past I used left ctrl-alt+ numeric pad 5 or one of the other numbers to set the view. The number to got to the view. I tried ctrl alt plus the number to select the view.

What have I missed or has something changed? The keys work fine in Word.

Thank You!

Bill

I don't think you use the numpad to set the views, only to recall them. 

To set them I use ctrl+alt+(one of the normal numbers). Then the corresponding numpad number recalls the view (assuming keybinds are set). 

Edited by Dazzlercee23

4 hours ago, Dazzlercee23 said:

Yep, that's right, I said it backwards  I meant to say set Num Lock when using the views...and that only applies if you have the LOAD CUSTOM CAMERA x commands bound to the numpad keys.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Hmm, jfwiw, I never use the keypad. I use Ctrl+Alt+Top row number to set a custom camera and Alt+Top row number to select a custom camera.

Ok. To all.

I have reviewed all your recommendations. Sad to say none solved the issue. Every suggestion you have made was the same procedure I have been using. Since FS2020 first came out. I have verified that the numpad works fine out side of the sim. The sim does not seem to recognize the numpad at all. I'm using the default keyboard profile in the sim. I have tried different keyboard.

Any suggestions?

Thanks to all.

Bill McCracken

And the winner is. Dazzlercee3

To set them I use ctrl+alt+(one of the normal numbers). Then the corresponding numpad number recalls the view (assuming keybinds are set).

I never set the views this way before. But it works for setting the views. To use the view I have to use alt+keyboard number. Not number pad.

Thank You 

55 minutes ago, macpilot said:

And the winner is. Dazzlercee3

I never set the views this way before. But it works for setting the views. To use the view I have to use alt+keyboard number. Not number pad.

Thank You 

I have tried it this way also.  And yet, it also did not work.  I finally got frustrated and gave up for awhile.  The good thing is the PMDG has great preset custom views for their virtual cockpits. I was attempting to set up the same type views for the inibuilds a310 because the ones it came with were trash.  Tried all the methods we have discussed and "saved" and went back into the sim.. Doesnt work.  

... best way to use custom views is a second controller only for camera use configured , i can't imagine to fly without my xbox controller for changing views ...

iliasr,

I have one of them I use for helicopter flying. I may give the Xbox a try.

Thank You

Bill

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, iliasr said:

is ideal for drone cam too

agreed.  all i use the xbox controller for is when im flying the drone camera around.  

• Like 1