Sign in to follow this  
Bad_T

Looking for some 'Addons Linker' friends for a little test

On 6/10/2023 at 7:19 PM, Bad_T said:

@Adamski_NZ : ...The 'created by' and 'update date' are never filled by the addon creator that info comes from the windows system file properties (the same you would see in Windows explorer), if you see both columns empty it's because you have not checked the option 'enable file stats' in the options screen. If you check that option, you should see them without the need to type them yourself manually. The option is unchecked by default because it can slightly increase the loading time if you have tons of addons. Let me know if that option is ok for you.

That works a treat - many thanks!

• Like 1

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

11 minutes ago, Adamski_NZ said:

I just grabbed it ... are you sure you've linked the correct file/archive? The one I just downloaded was v19 (0.19.8395.28 December 26, 2022 - 44.06 MB) ... not v20!

I just downloaded it, seems the correct file to me, did you maybe download the 'older version' (both are available on fs.to) ? 😵🤞

V20 from fs.to here as well.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

27 minutes ago, Bad_T said:

I just downloaded it, seems the correct file to me, did you maybe download the 'older version' (both are available on fs.to) ? 😵🤞

Browser refresh problem!!! Strange - as I got the (supposedly new) page from the FS.to Mod Manager/Update Needed page, which doesn't normally need a refresh. It did this time though LOL!

All good - thanks!

• Like 1

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

I add my thanks to you ! I use AOL in a very simple way but it has really made my 3rd party  scenery  and aircraft management a breeze. I will look into the new exe.

BTW I have had this minor annoyance for quite some time now when calling the map..A unhandled exception error. Just a click and its gone, not a real problem.  Is there a way to get rid of the message ?

Screenshot (2)

On 6/10/2023 at 7:51 AM, guenseli said:

Add an option for the addons map, where I can hide permanently the table on the lower of the map so that I can have just the pure map without the table.

I am with you here ! 

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

@Bad_T

Many thanks for the new update.
I would like to thank you for the perfect tool that makes everything in msfs a lot easier.
It definitely has to be said.
Just great.

Greetings from EDDM

• Like 2

WIN 11 64 Pro, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, I7 13700K, be-quiet Loop Silent 2 WK, RTX 3090 OC, 32 GB DDR5 Kingston Fury Beast EXPO, 4x Nvme Samsung PRO, MS2020, be quiet SP11 850 Watt

Thank you guys for the feedback 🍻

@Dominique_K : That error is probably due to the fact that the mapdata.bin file was created when the tool was run as admin. Now you probably don't run it as admin anymore and so the file can't be updated (access denied message). What you can try do is to delete (or rename) the file when the tool is closed. Then, the next time you call up the map, it will rescan the addons (might take a few more seconds) and it will create a new mapdata.bin file that will be updatable and the error should not appear anymore. Let me know if that doesn't work out.

The new version posted contains the request made by @guenseli so if you hide the grid below the map it should remain hidden next time you call the screen.

🍻

Edited by Bad_T
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

BTW I have had this minor annoyance for quite some time now when calling the map..A unhandled exception error. Just a click and its gone, not a real problem.  Is there a way to get rid of the message ?

Just for the record, no exception for me with the most recent fs.to version.

Kind regards, Michael 

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Thank you very much @Bad_T !

• Like 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 hours ago, Bad_T said:

Let me know if that doesn't work out.

Thanks !

I took a lazier way and switched to running it as administrator, it did the trick.

What is is funny is now the map also shows a myriad of yellow and pink dots that I had not before. Not bad, mind you, as it shows my addons amidst all the other airports.  We are close to a flight planner now 😄.

Again hat off to your work.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Thanks for letting me know. The pink dots should be the ms/asobo 'handcrafted' airports and other airports in your 'official folder' and the yellow ones probably the default airports 🙄 .. Maybe they were not appearing before because it crashed with the mapdata.bin file and the loading was not complete.

Note that you can change the color of the dots in the options screen ('colors' tab), you can also limit what is shown by using the 'map options' tab in the options screen, there you can hide handcrafted, official folder and default airports if you don't want to see them. Default airports are probably better left disabled because there are way too many (they can also be set to visible starting only from a certain level of zoom).

🍻

Edited by Bad_T

3 hours ago, Bad_T said:

you can also limit what is shown by using the 'map options' tab in the options screen, there you can hide handcrafted, official folder and default airports if you don't want to see them. Default airports are probably better left disabled because there are way too many (they can also be set to visible starting only from a certain level of zoom).

🍻

I suppose that I did that the first time I launched AOL and and running a s administrator reset the options.

40K default airports make a lot of yellow dots indeed😄 ! But I like it ! 

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique