Sign in to follow this  
Henrique Santos

C152 JPL no Airspeed

Hello to all!

Today I wanted to try something different, so I installed the C152 improvement mod by WBSim and JPLogistics.

Almost everything work’s OK, exception for the Airspeed gauge, that doesn’t work.
Did a search, but it seems it doesn’t affect others.
Any sugestion, appreciated. 

MSFS Steam
C152 improvement mod by WBSim and JPLogistics - version 206
Win 11

Thanks in advance - Henrique

PS: Hope to be on the right forum, but move to the correct if not.

Is it clogged?  Turn on pitot heat maybe?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Interesting.  I have that mod but haven't flown it in months.  Are you using the AAU2 beta?  Perhaps something not compatible.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

No Beta.

Downloaded 2 times to be sure. It seems thas not "connected".

Really strange.

I use the Addon Linker, but it doesn´t seems to be the problem, right? 

I don't know how advanced the plane is but is there a pitot cover you need to remove before flight?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

If i recall correctly, no, there is no cover. But next flight i will try to confirm.

I will keep that in mind but for now, here in Porto, (Portugal) is time to cook for the kids, so I will give another try tomorrow.
Thank's for the Help and time Ryan👌.

I will give feedback

Gentlemen, any progress with the issue, please?

I fly almost solely this modified c152. It is amazing. I do get the same on some flights: The airspeed indicator stayes on 0 knots. I don't know why.

But as you say, the plane is complex. The pitot tube cover is modeled, but I checked it was off. And pitot heat is not needed in the Caribbean just above ground. What else could it be?

Intel i7-10700K OC 5.0 GHz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB OC 2145 MHz | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming | AiO cooler Corsair H115i Pro XT 2x140 mm | Corsair RM850x 850W Gold | Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow | Monitor 32" LG UltraGear 32GK850G G-Sync 1440p

1 hour ago, David_CSA said:

Gentlemen, any progress with the issue, please?

I fly almost solely this modified c152. It is amazing. I do get the same on some flights: The airspeed indicator stayes on 0 knots. I don't know why.

But as you say, the plane is complex. The pitot tube cover is modeled, but I checked it was off. And pitot heat is not needed in the Caribbean just above ground. What else could it be?

Check all the circuit breakers.

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

I experienced this problem once until now. I did a restart of MSFS and the problem was gone. 

Intel core i5-9600KF,  ASRock H310CM-HDV/M2, G.Skill DDR4-2666 32GB, Asus Geforce RTX 4060 TI 16GB, Samsung SSD 980 1 TB M.2 SSD

I've done about 38 hours in the JPL 152 and I found that randomly the Airspeed would not work now and again (annoying when you start cold and dark and waste 10 mins because you only notice the problem upon take off)

However, each time it happened I just simply restarted the session which fixed the problem.

13 minutes ago, flibberflops said:

I've done about 38 hours in the JPL 152 and I found that randomly the Airspeed would not work now and again (annoying when you start cold and dark and waste 10 mins because you only notice the problem upon take off)

However, each time it happened I just simply restarted the session which fixed the problem.

If airspeed doesn't work either you didn't cover the pitot when you left last session or you have a popped circuit braker.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

... or there is a random bug!

However despite not knowing anything about the various problem determinations I have performed, thanks for the narrow assumption!

Anyway, the overiding point that I was trying to make is that this 152 does random stuff to me all the time that does not seem to be part of the failure expectations. In each case, simply restarting the same session (as in clicking "restart") fixes the problem. 

4 hours ago, Alvega said:

If airspeed doesn't work either you didn't cover the pitot when you left last session or you have a popped circuit braker.

Wait, are you saying that if I don't cover the pitot BETWEEN sessions, which I never do, it may not work the next time e.g. due to dirt?? 

That's beautifully insane.... I love it!

I don't use wheel chocks either, but till now luckily found the plane everytime where I left it...

• Like 1

Intel i7-10700K OC 5.0 GHz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB OC 2145 MHz | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming | AiO cooler Corsair H115i Pro XT 2x140 mm | Corsair RM850x 850W Gold | Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow | Monitor 32" LG UltraGear 32GK850G G-Sync 1440p

18 minutes ago, David_CSA said:

Wait, are you saying that if I don't cover the pitot BETWEEN sessions, which I never do, it may not work the next time e.g. due to dirt?? 

Yes, if you have realism and persistence turned on.

19 minutes ago, David_CSA said:

I don't use wheel chocks either, but till now luckily found the plane everytime where I left it...

Lol.

Alvega