Sign in to follow this  
aerostar

MSFS 24 - F18 Carrier Ops *WOW*

So, in short, this is a click-bait thread.🙄

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

3 hours ago, 109Sqn said:

So, in short, this is a click-bait thread.🙄

lol, love that idea.....    I guess it is a bit but it's highlighting an unnoticed negative into a potential positive for the good and with a constructive  message whilst also leveraging a mass audience which may - "p-r-i-c-k the conscience of the king"... 

...the quote is from Shakespeare. = to prod with sharp instrument to gain notice, get attention.   The King being MS/Asobo, of course .  AVSIM word filter wounld not let me type it without hyphens... the word is being used and intended in its pure form...

Edited by aerostar

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

The problem, or I guess more the reason this isn't a priority, in MSFS is that MS / Asobo have taken the position that this isn't a military sim.  They won't allow anything involving weapons, not even non-functional cosmetic loadouts on anything purchased via marketplace.

It's kind of understandable that if you're a sim developer of high-fidelity tactical jets, MSFS is not your target platform.

• Like 1

Andrew Crowley

Microsoft isn’t going to have any plane that can shoot missiles/bomb anything. Full stop. 

13 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

Microsoft isn’t going to have any plane that can shoot missiles/bomb anything. Full stop. 

then I wonder if they will allow 3rd party devs to make addons in that military vein as VRS did with Microsoft FSX and P3D. 

I think the dynamics, physics required would have to be put in place by MS/As to allow 3rd parties a bit of long term stability...

Edited by aerostar

4 hours ago, aerostar said:

then I wonder if they will allow 3rd party devs to make addons in that military vein as VRS did with Microsoft FSX and P3D. 

I think the dynamics, physics required would have to be put in place by MS/As to allow 3rd parties a bit of long term stability...

No. Microsoft has made it clear MANY times that MSFS will not be a combat flight sim, nor will it include anything but cosmetic military stuff (i.e no guns, shooting things, blowing things up, no craters, no fires, no strafing, etc). 

There was a game called Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator which did all this, so it's not impossible that they bring back some version of that. However, there has been no rumor or mention about this, so I wouldn't get my hopes up. 

MSFS 20xx is a civilian sim, full stop. 

well thanks for all your input...  I concede to what I feared and will be downloading  DCS World  soon....   will still mainly use FS20 for most flying.  First though I have to find some time to recover from the thrashing I got from some readers... now where are those bandages...

Edited by aerostar

I think MSFS doesn´t want to compete with P3D=FSX for some agreements between them, Lockheed and Microsoft.

Anyway in the F18 Maverick missions, one of them there is one landing on a carrier, in the 2024 probably is there too or improved. There is a addon in flightsim.to, though it was abandoned many time ago F/A-18E "Super Warrior" mod + TopGun carriers » Microsoft Flight Simulator, the best for me, the improved flight dynamics for the F18, I use them standalone in the default MSFS F-18, maybe there is a new one somewhere.

On 6/12/2023 at 8:53 AM, aerostar said:

GREAT NEWS....  F18  and Aircraft Carriers included with new MSFS24

So unless  msfs 2024  have  the  same  details  as  dcs  version  than i be  surprised  if  it  does

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

edit double post

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

On 6/12/2023 at 8:53 AM, aerostar said:

GREAT NEWS....  F18  and Aircraft Carriers included with new MSFS24

So unless  msfs 2024  have  the  same  details  as  dcs  version  than i be  surprised  if  it  does

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFGqg_wfINs

same as above double post

Edited by pete_auau

Peter kelberg