Sign in to follow this  
aerostar

MSFS 24 - F18 Carrier Ops *WOW*

GREAT NEWS....  F18  and Aircraft Carriers included with new MSFS24 ! 

Just like the FSX Acceleration pack in FSX   carrier ops with military aircraft is  here ....

This type of flying is probably the most difficult to master and is a fantastic challenge.  Really test your flying skill in this environment......

( a PS is coming soon....  watch this space )

Edited by aerostar

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

30 minutes ago, aerostar said:

And where did you see this?

Just go straight to DCS for the carrier ops. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

31 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Just go straight to DCS for the carrier ops. 

DCS is lame !   We need full world capability not just a few small map areas to operate in...

We need Microsoft Asobo to make high fidelity systems in regard to military type flying with missions, high speed low level terrain hugging, bombing runs, strafing, missile launching targetting , carrier landing , CAT launching etc erc...   with visible strike damage such as bomb craters and damaged buildings vehiclez etc...   

This type of flying would fit in very well with the FS24 ecosystem....  this aspect of Real World flying is not being given the attention it deserves.

It was so good to fly with VRS (Vertical Reality Simulations )  in FSX and P3D....

https://www.vrsimulations.com/

Edited by aerostar
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

So this thread and its title are bull poop. 

yes

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

WELL the real  **BULL POOP**  is that Microsoft Asobo have not included this type of flying....  no mention or fancy video clips in their new ad. 

This is an important type of flying that needs to be included...  every other type is  !   

Since FSX Acceleration and right through the P3D's we had this.

Edited by aerostar

6 hours ago, aerostar said:

It was so good to fly with VRS (Vertical Reality Simulations )  in FSX and P3D....

This stuff can't even be compared to where DCS is these days.  The bug was good for its time, but that was a long time ago.  DCS carrier ops today blows away anything we could even have dreamt of in FSX with the VRS, and it's got the whole tactical environment as an added bonus (without all kinds of hackery to even achieve an explosion 😉.)

• Like 3

Andrew Crowley

2 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:

This stuff can't even be compared to where DCS is these days.  The bug was good for its time, but that was a long time ago.  DCS carrier ops today blows away anything we could even have dreamt of in FSX with the VRS, and it's got the whole tactical environment as an added bonus (without all kinds of hackery to even achieve an explosion 😉.)

Well, at least balance like for like......   correct  - FSX Acceleration WAS a long time ago and at that time it was tops as far as what we had anywhere,  VRS came along and built on that but things didn't really progress much because of constant updates etc. to the  P3D sims whereas DCS got constant development and upgrades in that field, every update was tuned to the military aspect.  There is a great imbalance to effort put in between each sim as far as the military side is concerned. 

Now it looks like NO effort is going to go into this kind of flying in FS20 and FS24....

...and it needs MS/Asobo to be in with the core work as VRS or other military type developers cannot make a version that will survive with all the constant changes upgrades and turmoil that is happening in the MSFS sim. (would you as a 3rd party developer of a military addon for msfs with complex missile systems, radars, accurate Military aircraft etc even consider making for MSFS at the moment ?)

Edited by aerostar

The carrier ops is not a priority for me but to have moving ships on which I could land a helicopter, hmmm, I wouldn't say no ! 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

10 hours ago, aerostar said:

Just like the FSX Acceleration pack in FSX   carrier ops with military aircraft is  here ....

1 hour ago, aerostar said:

Now it looks like NO effort is going to go into this kind of flying in FS20 and FS24....

So is it or isn't it?  This thread reads like a bunch of confused hysteria.

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

42 minutes ago, Stoopy said:

So is it or isn't it?  This thread reads like a bunch of confused hysteria.

....funny you should say that...  exactly what I'm feeling about this whole FS24 thing

59 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

The carrier ops is not a priority for me but to have moving ships on which I could land a helicopter, hmmm, I wouldn't say no ! 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

...glad your rocking a military type (WartHog) joystick....  why not put it to good use with carrier ops...

Edited by aerostar

2 hours ago, aerostar said:

Don't underestimate the effort needed for this, as for now, no ship in MSFS has physical interaction with the water and according to the trailer (the oilrig scenario shown), also FS24 does not show any physical interaction of a ship with the waves. And what definitively nobody wants is a rock-solid, non-moving carrier deck, no?

Edited by AnkH
  • Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

11 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Don't underestimate the effort needed for this, as for now, no ship in MSFS has physical interaction with the water and according to the trailer (the oilrig scenario shown), also FS24 does not show any physical interaction of a ship with the waves. And what definitively nobody wants is a rock-solid, non-moving carrier deck, no?

right....    

Edited by aerostar