Sign in to follow this  
Swe_Richard

Music

2 hours ago, Mike A said:

That was AWESOME!! Thanks for posting that, never knew that classical accordion was a thing. 

Yes, it certainly was. Sevastian died suddenly of a massive heart attack at age 41 on Friday, February 16, 2018, while on tour with Quartetto Gelato in Mexico. Fortunately, there are many videos of him performing on YouTube.

Note that most accordions have the same type of keyboard as a piano or organ. The concert accordion that Alexander used however has very small buttons for the right hand and even smaller buttons for the left hand. This expands the range of notes to nearly three octaves on the right hand and many chords with numerous tonal stops for the left hand.

What amazed me the most was the lightning fast and impeccable fingering he had with both hands.

Alexander Sevastian - Wikipedia

My parents were also avid fans of Lawrence Welk. 😃

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Here's another really cool interpretation of a well known song:

• Like 1

I watched this several weeks ago. While I was impressed with the both the beauty of the music and the dexterity of her performance, the cyber-punk outfit she wore was really weird, especially the cheek harness!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I’m a musician, and play a few instruments, have played in bands through the years, etc..  There are no genres of music I dislike, even some of the forms of music that do not especially speak to me I can appreciate the artistry.  My “home” though is blues, rock and metal.  None of this is especially prevalent in the music landscape of today, as hip hop and electronic forms tend to dominate the charts, but the fact that there are few barriers to getting your music out there today, mean there is some great stuff out there if you spend the time looking for it.  I grew up with Iron Maiden and Pink Floyd as my favorites.  Last fall I went and saw a concert by these girls with my daughter.

they speak very little English, but they speak rock and roll just fine.  Lol. If you told me 30 years ago that one day my favorite new group was going to be five tiny Japanese women playing slamming hard rock tracks, I’d have laughed at you.  But such is life.

• Like 2

On 7/3/2023 at 4:28 PM, qqwertzde said:

Here's another really cool interpretation of a well known song:

I bring you another take on this timeless classic:

2CELLOS - Thunderstruck [OFFICIAL VIDEO] - YouTube

• Like 2

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

I do hope you guys and gals have seen this:

Thunderstruck by Steve'n'Seagulls (LIVE) - YouTube

EDIT:

Bluegrass version of an old AC/DC classic. 

Edited by Swe_Richard

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Time to revive this old thread of mine! 

Stumbled upon this little gem (haven't even heard the original or knowing anything about it). If this was my daughter I would be so darned proud I'd float three feet off the ground. What an absolutely gorgeous voice!

This 14 years old girl made everyone cry 🥹❤️ (youtube.com)

Richard

... going down the rabbit hole of the guy behind the last video I stumbled upon this one:

A famous OPERA SINGER joins me in a CAFÉ 🤯🤯 (youtube.com)

Obviously it was all planned besides some of the people in the restaurant that was genuinely surprised. This song always makes me choke up as our national treasure did a really good number of it: 

Jussi Björling sings Nessun Dorma (Digitally Remastered) (youtube.com)

Good old Jussi. 

Richard