Sign in to follow this  
merlin_66

video app for MSFS aircraft?

Looking for some help!
I've managed to bring together models of all the flying Spitfires in Australia.
RG-V, FN-B, FU-P and YO-K (as well as some others!)
Eventually when my skill improves I'd like to take a formation flight video (using SkyDolly) showing them in the sky at Temora, NSW.
In the meantime I thought I could use the video to show them all lined up at the flight line...
SkyDolly doesn't work for this type of arrangement (needs a aircraft in flight!)
Can anyone suggest a video app which could allow me to position each aircraft one next to the other on the apron?

fnbtemora

rgvtemora

It's not something you could do with developer mode active, load in additional aircraft and move them, line them up for a shot?

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

You can create a simple Scenery project, an adding all your airplanes model whereever  you need 

How to here:

Take a look at FLIGHTCONTROLREPLAY 5 by Fabio Merlo. I don't have it, but according to the advertising* it should provide what you're looking for. Currently on sale at Simmarket.

* Simulate formation flight during your flight replay. Your recorded flight path is replayed as AI Traffic. Add as many aircraft as you want : You can manage up to 5 AI aircraft to replay your flight path as AI Traffic with each FCR instance. And reach unlimited traffic with AI Aircraft by using more than one instance of FCR addon at the same time.

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

Tom,

The FCR5 looks like it has the same capabilities as SkyDolly - doesn't handle stationary aircraft....

You can use the Freeware JoinFS to record flights one over the next and so on and replay them. Development was stopped but it still works (except for the new M$FS Helicopters)

Achim

Edited by fl95
uups

12 hours ago, merlin_66 said:

doesn't handle stationary aircraft....

I would imagine that you could bend the functionality of those Apps to your needs: if they handle real formation flights with different airplanes they should be able to handle a formation "flight" where the position of each aircraft stays the same over some period of time. Try to record a formation "flight" by recording your airplanes as instructed by the manuals, but simply don't move any of them for a period of time while recording. Then stitch the recordings together as instructed by the manuals. I'm just guessing, but I would bet it works.

As I wanted to try FLIGHTCONTROLREPLAY5 anyway, I purchased it while still on sale, and tried as suggested above. Might work similarly with SkyDolly.

7 hours ago, merlin_66 said:

cloned within the program?

That would result in the same livery for each plane. I recorded two of the planes, each with its own livery, sationary on its position. Then I loaded the third - again with a different livery - and played the two recordings as AI. I assume that would be possible with SkyDolly as well.