Sign in to follow this  
flyingpauls

X-Plane or X-Plane Installer - No Window

I can no longer open X-Plane 12, nor the X-Plane-Installer. They start and hang without showing a Window. I can kill them in Tast Manager. It might be a Geforce issue, because I recently updated to the newest drivers.

Any ideas?

Paul Schmidt

We're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

many viewers and no answer! either they don't have a clue either they don't give a d....! :-)) Sorry I can't help at my old age 77!

JP Reuland

't

These kinds of questions are usually better suited to Laminar support.  

But I'll give it a shot in the dark.  

Turn off any internet security you might have and see if it works then.  Sometimes, an overly aggressive firewall can cause this.

Download a fresh installer from the Laminar website and try a clean install of the demo.

Failing this, send Laminar a support request.

I just tried it now, and everything loads up just fine.

Well Goran you were right! It worked for my post. Disabling temporarily firewall and I could searched again for any updates on X-Plane. I have no idea why this happened suddenly since it was working fine for years now with firewall open?

Thank you

Have a good day

JP Reuland

• Like 1

22 hours ago, flyingpauls said:

I can no longer open X-Plane 12, nor the X-Plane-Installer. They start and hang without showing a Window. I can kill them in Tast Manager. It might be a Geforce issue, because I recently updated to the newest drivers.

Any ideas?

You may try running the installer as ADMIN, or if it is already set to Run as ADMIN, untick and try normally. If that doesn't work download the latest version of the installer and try it. Good luck, I just had the new updates from Win11 recently but haven't used the installer in quite some time, program still runs fine though.

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

Yes. it does. But no problem report. My guess is that X-Plane opens an invisible window. Most likely, a Vulkan issue.

To @Pivot : Of course, I tried starting as administrator. And yes, I also tried the recent installer.

• Like 1

Paul Schmidt

@GoranM : I also disabled any internet security.

I did not yet file a bug request. I made the experience that there is absolutely no point in doing it. But I will, nevertheless. 

I did start a problem thread on the X-Plane forum. No ideas there yet.

Paul Schmidt

6 hours ago, flyingpauls said:

Bug is filed.

That really is a odd bug. I hope you get it worked out and if so, by all means let everyone else now what it took. Good luck FP.

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

Let me add two pieces of information:

I had another program which did not open its window. That was the Creativ Cloud app which installs and updates Adobe's suit. I did not relate this to Vulkan, but I learned that the solution was to rename vulkan-1.dll to vulkan.dll in the Adobe Common Files folder.

Then, I learned that the non-opening of windows in Vulkan apps is a common problem. Usually, it gets sorted out by the software that uses Vulkan. Why it happens on some machines and not others isn't clear.

Paul Schmidt

Another information: I de-activated the Intel graphics card too hoping that X-Plane simply opens the wrong driver. But that did not work either.

Paul Schmidt

As expected, no reaction by Laminar Research on my bug report, only the auto-generated reply. I know that this kind of problems are difficult to analyze, although I cannot imagine that nobody else has this problem. My system is pretty standard. 

Paul Schmidt

On 7/17/2023 at 4:42 PM, flyingpauls said:

Another information: I de-activated the Intel graphics card too hoping that X-Plane simply opens the wrong driver. But that did not work either.

How did you deactivate the intel GPU.?? Is this a laptop PC ??