Sign in to follow this  
timest

Somewhat Speechless

Argh, stop it please, I beg you. I can't stand it and I am sure I am not alone. Now I have already made a comment on the original post but those new shots, focusing on water, are just killing me. I am despicable perishing. Number 6, 16, 26 and 32... Argh.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/178986.gifNow if we finally have transparent water, just as this looks like (I suspect it simply can't be true transparent without changing the whole engine but on these shots it just looks like it was), then I... uhh, dunno? will scream all night mabye? *:-*:-hah> (Ahem ... Phil ... hire this guy.)Ahem, second that. Hugh.Cheers, :-beerchugEtienne :-wavePS Does anyone know what plane he is using in the first couple shots? That one looks nice too.

finally...someone figured out what water looks like from altitude. the default FSX shots I have seen are a disaster yet strangly many comment on how good it looks???

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

>I think the water is made to look transparent but isn't. Yes it sure ain't, but it is done in such a great way it looks like it was in these shots. However, I was just saying, if we have true transparent water in maybe some future version (FS20+ or so) I will definately be a happy camper. Now it's just left to be seen what this gorgeous work that this taltented guy has already achieved looks like in motion. I truely can't wait.Cheers, :-beerchugEtienne :-wave

Guest danny68

This is great work Tim.Very impressed.You know what would be brilliant. To see you working with Chris Norris and Peter Wilding.Now that would be great for all of us. What are the chances?I mean, I'm thinking about the fEX weather engine coming next and fTX of course. I can see all this working together beautifully with some of your stuff.Come on guys. Let's party and put together the dream team.Anyone else think this is a good idea.???????

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

>This is great work Tim.>>Very impressed.>>You know what would be brilliant. To see you working with>Chris Norris and Peter Wilding.>>Now that would be great for all of us. What are the chances?>>I mean, I'm thinking about the fEX weather engine coming next>and fTX of course. I can see all this working together>beautifully with some of your stuff.>>Come on guys. Let's party and put together the dream team.>>Anyone else think this is a good idea.???????ABSOLUTELY NOT! It is NEVER a good idea to have freeware with payware when the only option is Payware and WHATEVER the one camp offers. It's called competition and putting the irons to the fire and keeping each other honest. Why should we pay for something that is not as good as free and why shouldn't we pay for something if it is better than free?Keep up the GREAT WORK Tim and hold your own!

This really must be a dream.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Guest Lennyt

If this is freeware X-Graphics will be removed for me.

Guest wyoming

looks like textures are repeating some. Solid-looking begins to look like it is, which is a surprise to me because people here have said over and again that it was impossible.

Guest Peter Wilding

Hi there Danny,Crazy as this may soundsI've just been on skype with John Venema, Chris Norris and Tim.We love his work and guess what.Nothing yet is firmed up but in principle we are looking at bringing Tim and his great work in to the FEX and FTX vision.This is going to be awesome.Thanks Tim for joining in with the game plan.Peter

Yes, crazy as it does sound.. :)I am excited at the possibility of where this can lead. Also, thanks to all of you for the kind words, and thanks to the FEX team! Stay tuned ;)

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Guest Xiderpunk

Just to back-up what Pete says, we are talking with Tim and this will benefit everyone! FEX is a growing product and will benefit from Tim's work.Warm regards,Chris

Guest koorby

Many of you know that I am a strong advocate of developers in our small community working together, and Tim and I have always kept in touch over the last few years. We respect Tim as one of the leading artists in the business and we look forward to having him be part of the FEX/FTX team if things go to plan. The benefits to FSX users will be phenomenal as we build the best team for the job.