Sign in to follow this  
igorbischi

Freezing Issues

Hello everyone,

I've been experiencing persistent freezing issues for several months now.

The freezes are quite long, sometimes lasting several minutes. They occur both within the simulator interface before a flight is embarked upon and after an aircraft has been loaded. What's peculiar about these freezes is that they're reminiscent of what happens when I connect or disconnect a device via a USB port - everything stalls momentarily, only in this case, the halt lasts much longer (from 2 to 5 minuts).

I've scoured various forums and tried numerous suggested remedies, but unfortunately, none have worked so far. Some of the solutions I've attempted include:

Emptying the 'Community' folder.
Disabling the 'Game Mode' in Windows 11 system settings.
Unplugging all unnecessary USB devices.
Disabling the 'Let Windows turn off the power' option for all USB controllers.
Among others, none of these remedies have seemed to alleviate the issue.

Anyone has encountered similar problem?

Igor Bischi

23 minutes ago, igorbischi said:

Anyone has encountered similar problem?

I did, when I had my sim on HDD instead of SSD. You don't have it on HDD do you?

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

I had my first freezing ever yesterday.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | Seasonic Vertex 1000W I LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

I have noticed that the freezes are accompanied by the system error “disk x has been surprise removed (id 157)”, where x usually takes the value 3. I only have two disks 0 and 1, so 3 I think refers to a virtual disk created by msfs when it runs. I think the concurrence of this error with freezes is not coincidental.

Edited by igorbischi

Igor Bischi

iam getting freezes almost every flight lasting around 45 seconds 5800x3d/4080 latest and last driver . msfs on a nvme 43" 4k. something not right here

😏

Edited by sonny147

ROG Crossair Hero X670e , 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM  6000 ( allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer iii 360 AIO  . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz ( allegedly ) TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

just adding , make sure you have taken control of all your folders and also virus and firewall exclusions are set FOR EVERYTHING lol

ROG Crossair Hero X670e , 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM  6000 ( allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer iii 360 AIO  . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz ( allegedly ) TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

After flying for many hours MSFS 2020 seems to freeze every 2-3 seconds briefly for a split second and then return. I thought this was fixed? Anyone else seeing this?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dolbinau said:

After flying for many hours MSFS 2020 seems to freeze every 2-3 seconds briefly for a split second and then return. I thought this was fixed? Anyone else seeing this?

Yes.  I see it quite often.  Normally a freeze for about 5 seconds, sometimes when I look around the cockpit for the first time.  I don't know what it is doing.

• Upvote 1

Rob (but call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind).

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

after going through numerous and i mean numerous ,related files and taking control of them , also doing due diligence in virus and firewall exclusions , just going to take the Fenix for an hour and a half's spin, will report  

4 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Yes.  I see it quite often.  Normally a freeze for about 5 seconds, sometimes when I look around the cockpit for the first time.  I don't know what it is doing.

Do you use DX12 or DX11? It looks like DX12 was enabled by default in AAU2, I wonder if going back to DX11 might help things. Apparently it doesn't work well with Nvidia cards?

i use dx 12 because of the 4080 "its mandatory apparently " i would rather not though

I'm seeing these constantly now. They are guaranteed to occur.

I ran GPU-Z during gameplay and watched the GPU load real time graph. When a freeze occurred its like the GPU went to sleep for a second and then woke up again. A gap appears in the GPU-load readout graph.

I forgot to take a screenshot but I'll try to illustrate using another game I play regularly as an example to compare with.

GPU Load Graph during gameplay

Ghost Recon Wildlands
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

MSFS
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Be aware the freezes are not this often but I'm just using the above it to illustrate what it shows over time during a flight.

The worst freezes happen during the final approach and landing flare. I go from 50FPS to 1FPS and it lasts about 1.5 sec. Enough to totally ruin a landing. What have they done. I was not seeing any of this in previous updates.

My Spec

• Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.00GHz
  • 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB
  • Win10 Pro
Edited by ThrottleUp

first thing put your GPU on high performance in the NCP , if you haven't already , and take control of the folders you use , also exclude everything in Windows 10/11 virus and firewall

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ThrottleUp said:

I'm seeing these constantly now. They are guaranteed to occur.

I ran GPU-Z during gameplay and watched the GPU load real time graph. When a freeze occurred its like the GPU went to sleep for a second and then woke up again. A gap appears in the GPU-load readout graph.

I forgot to take a screenshot but I'll try to illustrate using another game I play regularly as an example to compare with. Be aware the freezes are not this often but I'm just using the above it to illustrate what it shows over time during a flight.

GPU Load Graph during gameplay

Ghost Recon Wildlands
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

MSFS
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII_IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII_IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII_IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

The worst freezes happen during the final approach and landing flare. I go from 50FPS to 1FPS and it lasts about 1.5 sec. Enough to totally ruin a landing. What have they done. I was not seeing any of this in previous updates.

My Spec

• Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.00GHz
  • 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB
  • Win10 Pro

do you use GSX