Sign in to follow this  
SquadronLeader

A2A Input Configurator MSFS for Comanche

Whenever I try and open the A2A Input Configurator for MSFS - with and without the flight sim opened - I get an  error message - the details of which I have posted below. This means nothing to me - can anyone tell me what I need to do to fix it. Thanks

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.DirectX.DirectInput, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'Microsoft.DirectX.DirectInput, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'
   at _ComancheConfigurator.MainWindow.enumerateJoysticks()
   at _ComancheConfigurator.MainWindow.timer1_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.9172 (WinRelRS6.050727-9100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Comanche Input Configurator
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/George/AppData/Roaming/A2A%20Simulations/Comanche250/Comanche%20Input%20Configurator.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.9157 (WinRelRS6.050727-9100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.9171 (WinRelRS6.050727-9100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.9157 (WinRelRS6.050727-9100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
BeatlesBlog.SimConnect
    Assembly Version: 0.1.1.0
    Win32 Version: 0.1.1.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/George/AppData/Roaming/A2A%20Simulations/Comanche250/BeatlesBlog.SimConnect.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

George Westwell

26 minutes ago, SquadronLeader said:

Whenever I try and open the A2A Input Configurator for MSFS - with and without the flight sim opened - I get an  error message -

You should raise this on the A2A Comanche support forum

https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=151&sid=80814deb752f09b36ae863ca7b429303

6 minutes ago, DatDerpy said:

I might sound stupid, but how do you open the input configurator?

Its a separate mini-app installed when the Comanche is installed. You click on its icon and it opens a table. Very useful, for instance to call and put away the tablet .

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Hello,

Running the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer should fix this issue. It should already be running 'silently' with our installer (in other words, only showing if it detects that the libraries need updating) but this doesn't always seem to be working for some reason.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=35

Thanks,
Nick - A2A Simulations

• Like 2

Nick M - A2A Simulations

You're welcome George and hope you enjoy the Comanche. 🙂

Nick M - A2A Simulations

Hello, 

what "VK_LSHIFT+1" etc. means in the Configurator  ???

JPM

These are Virtual-Key codes (the 'VK' bit), so basically Left Shift + 1 in this case.

Thanks,
Nick - A2A Simulations

Nick M - A2A Simulations

For someone that want to quickly learn a great deal about the Comanche, join the A2A forum. I browse there every day, and have learned a great deal from questions and answer that are posted every day. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

For someone that want to quickly learn a great deal about the Comanche, join the A2A forum. I browse there every day, and have learned a great deal from questions and answer that are posted every day. 

... and <cough cough> read the manual

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

4 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

So when I run it nothing happens at all.

Me too. It worked before the update yesterday but not now. Luckily I only had to remap one button which I did already so I don't need it any more but it's no longer working here. 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

Hi All,

If you find the input configurator won't launch after the recent update to v1.1 of the Comanche, simply rerunning the new installer you downloaded should fix the issue (there's no need to redownload it, just a rerun should suffice).

This is because a .dll file needed by the configurator isn't replaced during the automated uninstall/reinstall sequence due to a file versioning conflict. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
Nick - A2A Simulation

• Like 1

Nick M - A2A Simulations

Thanks, will give that a try a bit later. 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog