Sign in to follow this  
MrBitstFlyer

FPRealistic / SimHaptic

As I've said in another thread, you could just put a whoopie cushion under your butt, and depending on your diet this could be a real buttkicker. 😄

Also, is work still going on in regards to FSRealistic?

I have four aura bsts rigged to my chair: (left under chair and left back of chair wired in series to 100w nobsound, this feeds LEFT audio into my DAC -> toslink -> motherboard sound card - mirrored on right). Simhaptic runs this setup flawlessly and I highly recommend the program.

My problem: I also have two 8 ohm Dayton mini pucks wired in stereo to a little external usb sound card - but Simhaptic only supports one audio output / sound card! I can’t wire these into my 4 ohm auras because physics. Most puzzling, the official video manual shows a “multiple outputs” drop-down box in settings - exactly what I need. Alas, nowhere to be found in live (maybe this is an X-plane feature?).

I am currently using a competing product running in tandem to solve this problem: one for the chair, one for the pedals. I much prefer the Simhaptic UI and cloud features and would prefer to consolidate. Am I missing something or might this be a planned feature? Otherwise A+ product.

2 hours ago, specopsmonkey said:

I have four aura bsts rigged to my chair: (left under chair and left back of chair wired in series to 100w nobsound, this feeds LEFT audio into my DAC -> toslink -> motherboard sound card - mirrored on right). Simhaptic runs this setup flawlessly and I highly recommend the program.

My problem: I also have two 8 ohm Dayton mini pucks wired in stereo to a little external usb sound card - but Simhaptic only supports one audio output / sound card! I can’t wire these into my 4 ohm auras because physics. Most puzzling, the official video manual shows a “multiple outputs” drop-down box in settings - exactly what I need. Alas, nowhere to be found in live (maybe this is an X-plane feature?).

I am currently using a competing product running in tandem to solve this problem: one for the chair, one for the pedals. I much prefer the Simhaptic UI and cloud features and would prefer to consolidate. Am I missing something or might this be a planned feature? Otherwise A+ product.

There will be multi sound card support soon. The video is showing the Beta. I got three hooked up at the moment myself and am looking forward to it.

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

On 7/31/2023 at 3:21 PM, Waldo Pepper said:

I bought a SimHaptic license and it seems to be quite nice.     I own a Sim Shaker license,   and I have two Aura Pro transducers bolted under my seat in a L/R 2-channel configuration.  I'm using my motherboard's audio to drive the 75w rms x 2 channel amp.    (Dayton Audio APA150 Amp With 2 Aura Pro Bass Shakers Bundle)   (Same amp with Dayton transducers

Things I like:   

1)With SimShaker I had to install legacy versions of SimConnect from FSX.    This is not necessary with SimHaptic.  👍

2)I prefer the interface of SimHaptic.   It's quite easy to use,  and I like the way it's profile system functions without much user intervention.   

3)This is subjective,  but SimHaptic's output feels noticeably more complex.   

I also like the spectrum analyzer in the SH interface.

I just took a flight in the An-2.   The default SH profile had the avionics fan whine / vibration too intense,  and the engine vibrations felt more like an inline.    It only took one click to dial down the avionics,   and three clicks to change the engine profile to what really felt like a big radial. 

I can feel the haptic feedback through my entire rig,  from the seat,  to the pedals,  to the stick/hotas.    Engine sounds felt nice,   ground roll felt convincing,   etc.

I'm sticking with SH.   The introductory price was well worth it.

Edit:  Have an old home theater receiver laying around?  https://www.parts-express.com/speaker-components/bass-shakers

Hi Waldo,

I have a similar setup with 2 aura bass shakers and an SA100 amp. At the moment I am only using 1 bass shaker under the seat with a simshaker license and a second sound card. I used to have the second bass shaker in the flight deck of my B-17 home cockpit using FSX and just the main sound card and no additional licensed software. From that setup I just got engine rumble. I converted my cockpit to a generic when I moved to MSFS 2020 but took out the shaker in the flight deck to fit  turtle beach rudder pedals.

I was wondering if I put the second bass shaker back into the flight deck, would I get different sounds from each shaker ie engine sounds from one shaker and turbulence from another if the software was set to 2 channel or would each shaker just output the same sounds?

Thanks,

Bill

2 hours ago, boris4356 said:

Hi Waldo,

I was wondering if I put the second bass shaker back into the flight deck, would I get different sounds from each shaker ie engine sounds from one shaker and turbulence from another if the software was set to 2 channel or would each shaker just output the same sounds?

Thanks,

Bill

You will be able to mix and match to your likening very conferrable and can put the output where you want it.

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /