Sign in to follow this  
Stratocruiser1

BRIDGE SCENERY PROBLEM

All of a sudden, my bridges all are solid dark objects from the road surface down to the water. Seems to me this was a problem early on but was resolved with one of the updates. I have been playing with the Graphics adjustments in the main menu. Is there one item in the Graphics section that may clear this up?

Thanks

• Upvote 1

Me too, any cars going over them instead drop below the bridge and cross the river at water level.

I thought this was normal.  There are a few 'proper' scenery bridges in the sim, but most are auro-generated and act as you describe.

It is another thing that the head of MSFS at Microsoft, Jorge Neumann, is 'not happy with', so hopefully they will attend to this. 
Without hand building them all though I don't know how they can cure it.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

28 minutes ago, Stratocruiser1 said:

Thanks for your reply. I somehow thought they had solved this in an earlier update.

I see.  No, by their own admission, it will take some time. 

In a recent public Twitch video session, Jorge has said he would like to see this looked at, as he uses the sim himself and wants to be able to fly under bridges!  :laugh:

Their are tens of thousands of auto-generated bridges in the sim, so unless they find an automated way of doing it, it won't be a quick fix.

Some specially created scenery bridges from the world updates etc. can be flown under, and the road traffic responds correctly, and in some third part scenery also, but these have all been 'hand crafted', and use a different system from the auto-generated bridges.  These are probably the ones you have seen here and there.

Edited by bobcat999

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

35 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

In a recent public Twitch video session, Jorge has said he would like to see this looked at, as he uses the sim himself and wants to be able to fly under bridges!  :laugh:

Sign of a gamer, as opposed to a pilot 😀

• Like 2

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

32 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

I see.  No, by their own admission, it will take some time. 

I thought that only the PG bridges were messed up ?

Anyway, I was told sub rosa that the bridges will be patched just after they have corrected the green tint of roads.

BTW back in business ?

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, cianpars said:

Sign of a gamer, as opposed to a pilot 😀

Yes, but I think a lot of us have done it, but we just don't like to admit it!  :biggrin:

I myself have flown under the Hoover Dam bridge and the one for the Victoria Falls scenery.

I like going under the bridges -  it is good practice for when I become a troll!

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 4

This is something that needs to be corrected for MSFS 2024. If I am going to upgrade, then I need bridges that look realistic :wink:

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

There are many bridge correction files available on Flightsim.to. I just did the Verrazano and it worked fine. Corrected the problem. I just flew under it to test it. For the Hudson River in New York, there is one download for all the bridges going up the river for several miles, but most files available are for just one bridge. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

I thought that only the PG bridges were messed up ?   Ah!  yes, of course.  That may narrow down the issue.  Photogrammetry bridges definitely can't be flown under.

Anyway, I was told sub rosa that the bridges will be patched just after they have corrected the green tint of roads.  :laugh: That will be never then!  Probably promised for MSFS2024.

BTW back in business ?  No, unfortunately not.  It seems to be a wider issue and linked to permissions as you suggested.  Windows has since failed to do the latest update, and even the latest drivers fail to install with the notorious 'Nvidia update failed'.  :sad:

I realised that my windows install is full of years of word not allowed, as it is a W11 over install of W10, which is an over install of W7.  So I can get into Windows, MS Office, and Browse the internet alright, but I will be dual booting for a bit on a new SSD with a fresh W11 install, and gradually reinstall everything on that over the coming days.  It will be a right royal pain in the derrière, but it needs doing.  I did have a power outage a few days ago due to thunderstorms and the PC obviously shut down.  It may be this, or just a general degradation of windows over time.  The SSD and SFC /scannow checks out alright, but permissions are all messed up.  Making a new admin account got me nowhere.  :sad:   It's all a bit of a saga and I have wasted too many hours on it, so I will gradually transition over to a fresh install. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stratocruiser1 said:

There are many bridge correction files available on Flightsim.to. I just did the Verrazano and it worked fine. Corrected the problem. I just flew under it to test it. For the Hudson River in New York, there is one download for all the bridges going up the river for several miles, but most files available are for just one bridge. 

The same is true for the numerous bridges along the Delaware river from above Trenton, NJ, down through the Philadelphia area, and including that last major bridge over the Delaware connecting New Jersey and Delaware, the Delaware Memorial Bridge. 

The Chesapeake Bay Bridge, also known as the Gov. William Preston Lane Jr. Memorial Bridge, was also done independantly, but was also later improved in an Asobo WU.  it connects mainland Maryland with the Maryland Eastern Shore and Delmarva peninsula.  With an impressive length of over 4 miles It is a noteworthy visual cue on approaches using the ANTHM# arrival into KBWI in Baltimore.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere