Sign in to follow this  
Matt Sdeel

Rogen's P3D v4

I should point out that you need to wait for an animated vehicle that appears from the left. Other vehicles will come through normally.

EDIT: I noticed another bug when I switched to the top down view!!

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Can someone tell me how can I bring back my Milky Way texture without Setinstaller? It is black now in my sim and I can't see it on the sky. Thank in advance. 

Okay, then, will rely on darn Setinstaller because no one is responding for a week almost. 

On 11/18/2023 at 9:40 AM, PavlinS said:

Okay, then, will rely on darn Setinstaller because no one is responding for a week almost. 

Hi PavlinS,

Set Installer has many configuraion options and also installs shaders, additionally, who knows but yourself as to what you've installed...hence my recomendation to start with the P3D shader defaults as a known point of origin and to be aware each shader program is designed to only apply shader changes to the P3D "default" shaders. It is not possible to apply multiple different P3D shader applications on top of each other and expect to not have issues.

The install process would be P3D "default shaders -> single chosen shader modifier application".

Where "single chosen shader modifier application" would for example be TomatoShade OR Envshade OR SetInstaller.

You can certainly swap to an alternate shader modifer application, noting you must first roll back to the default P3D shaders.

Reshader is the only shader application that can be used concurrently due to it's shader mods being outside of P3D.

The Milkyway is a texture, is the high resolution version of the Texture installed ?

I use Night Sky HD from hawaii-photoreal.com.

Hope the above helps.

Cheers

Edited by Rogen
spelling

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

Posted (edited)
On 11/9/2023 at 2:20 PM, Rogen said:

I would say go back to the default P3D shaders, then start at the begining for adding shader mods.

An item to be aware of is any shader change made via Tomatoshade will wipe any previous change.

For example, if you were to use the custom cloud shader within this thread, then make a change within Tomatoshade, the custom clould shader will be overwritten as would any other custom shader edits.

So the order of change would be... default shaders -> Tomatoshade config -> custom shader config

And if a further change is then made in Tomatoshade, any customisations outside of Tomatoshade would need to be reapplied.

I've given a few goes at trying to reproduce using my custom TS config in combo with my custom shader mods and no dice I'm afraid, all looks fine as per pics below.

Daylight pic.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

@Rogen Your pictures are outstanding as always. You very likely have P3D v4.5 configured and set-up the best it can be. To complete the 'best of show' P3D v4 setup, you need a 'best of show' Learjet (XP GLJ Model 25 SE v3.0 | Xtreme Prototypes🙂

Edited by Matt Sdeel
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Matt Sdeel said:

@Rogen Your pictures are outstanding as always. You very likely have P3D v4.5 configured and set-up the best it can be. To complete the 'best of show' P3D v4 setup, you need a 'best of show' Learjet (XP GLJ Model 25 SE v3.0 | Xtreme Prototypes🙂

Hey Matt, ta muchly 🙂

heh, so I did look at that release, it says 40% off but is it ? if you don't own an earlier version ?

The blurb says "Offered at a special upgrade price to registered users of version 2.0/2.1. Current users simply need to connect to their online account before adding the product to the shopping cart and the price will be adjusted automatically."

Is the 40% off refering to the special upgrade price ?

or is the current price of CAN$45.95 the 40% off special price ?

The blurb is not really clear as to what is being offered.

Cheers

Edited by Rogen
context changes

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

43 minutes ago, Rogen said:

Hey Matt, ta muchly 🙂

heh, so I did look at that release, it says 40% off but is it ? if you don't own an earlier version ?

The blurb says "Offered at a special upgrade price to registered users of version 2.0/2.1. Current users simply need to connect to their online account before adding the product to the shopping cart and the price will be adjusted automatically."

Is the 40% off refering to the special upgrade price ?

or is the current price of CAN$45.95 the 40% off special price ?

The blurb is not really clear as to what is being offered.

Cheers

It's a special price. An upgrade is not required unless something changed recently. My suggestion is to just add it to your cart to find the actual price. It's money well spent.

You might want to read this book too: The Learjet Diaries: A Coming of Age Story: Madonna, Greg: 9781946886156: Amazon.com: Books 

There were lots of things about the Learjet that I learned from reading the book. Several examples: 

1. Fuel management is critical in flight. Don’t descend unless you are committed to land on a runway. And, fuel on both tip tanks have to be filled simultaneously otherwise the plane will tip over. "As a common fuel saving technique ... taxi on only one engine. The airplane was so overpowered that we still rolled easily on one engine".
2. "The ideal descent profile is to pitch down, accelerate to redline and come down like a speeding bullet. In a prop you come down at medium speed. In the Lear, it's all about maximizing speed. You want to stay as high as possible, and as fast as possible, for as long as possible. Let the wings do most of the work, not the engines."
3. "The faster the airplane flew, the more lift the wing produced. That was really no different than any other airplane but the Lear had an especially thin wing, designed to optimize high speed flight. That type of wing didn't produce a lot of lift at low speeds, and just after lift off most of our perfromance would still be relying the the sheer thrust of the engines... If we rotated too soon, the sudden increase in our angle of attack would sharply increase our drag and slow down our acceleration significantly".
4. The aircraft uses Ni-Cad batteries which is prone to overheating. Holds so much enery (good for starting when you don't have a starter units) that they're high strung. Runs out of juice quickly without warning.
5. Flying a Lear was all about maintaining momentum, and unnecessary throttle movements were the hallmark of an amateur.
6. This airplane has a pitch response different from what you are used to. The engines are placed higher than the center of gravity so a thrust increases causes a pitch down and a thrust decrease causes a pitch up. It's the opposite of propeller driven airplanes.
7. It is a high workload airplane... not only do you have to baby the flight controls, you have to do the same with the engines. The turbines themselves can take a lot of abuse, but the problem is that they are fast to respond.