Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

FS Traffic with FSHud

I have failed to find some conclusive answers to my question, I'm sure they're out there, but it would be nice to hear from someone with first hand experience. I am currently using FSHud with FSLTL and want to move across to FSTraffic. Can anyone offer some advice regarding this? Cheers.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

The best thing to do would be to continue using fsltl as the injector and use fs traffic models.

• Like 1

Clinton Royston Fernandes.

Vabb-Mumbai India.

Hi Howard, I do not have FSHud and the simulator running, I think you would select the third option.  I am running Real Traffic, PSXT and the FSLTL models, not the injector and that seems to work for me.  For me the problem is and it does not matter which AI traffic injector that I use, FSHud does not communicate with the AI Traffic for me to hear on the radio.  I can see the traffic on the ground or in the air but ATC is not communicating with them.  I am probably doing something wrong.

Mike

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rockliffe said:

I am currently using FSHud with FSLTL and want to move across to FSTraffic. 

I am not sure what exactly you want to do. Use FSTraffic instead of FSHud + FSLTL? Then you just should not start the two programs and use FSTraffic instead. Or do you mean using FSTraffic models with FSLTL injector? When I tried that, I got bad results: the FSTraffic models have names that look a bit like random numbers, and they were displayed by FSLTL as the flight number. Also, on my system the difference in performance between FSLTL and FSTRaffic models is not that big, it is more important to limit the maximum number of planes.

• Like 1

I have all of them and I'm fairly certain that you won't notice any difference between using the different models between FSLTL or FS Traffic beside having a lighter wallet.

Any possible gains from the FS Traffic fleet will from it having fewer models and far less liveries therefore less traffic.

AIG is the way to go for the number of models and liveries but requires a fair bit of user effort to install,  well worth it imo.

• Like 3

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

1 hour ago, Mike62 said:

Hi Howard, I do not have FSHud and the simulator running, I think you would select the third option.  I am running Real Traffic, PSXT and the FSLTL models, not the injector and that seems to work for me.  For me the problem is and it does not matter which AI traffic injector that I use, FSHud does not communicate with the AI Traffic for me to hear on the radio.  I can see the traffic on the ground or in the air but ATC is not communicating with them.  I am probably doing something wrong.

FSHud does not work with PSXT. PSXT injects aircraft into the sim as per their current real world positions which contradicts the purpose of FSHud to control AI traffic.

FSHud should work fine with the FSLTL injector though. Make sure to start FSHud before the FSLTL injector. The FSLTL injector has to detect FSHud is running.

Edited by RALF9636
  • Like 1

Thanks for the replies fellas, appreciated. The reason why I am thinking of FSTraffic is to use their models with FSLTL, now I understand that it would then be OK if used with FSHud. The reason is because a friend has reported, after extensive testing, that there is a good fps saving with the FSTraffic models. Yes I know I could turn down the settings in FSLTL if I want to improve performance, but that seems counter productive to me. I will have to consider things after some of the pertinent replies here, thanks.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

22 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

AIG is the way to go for the number of models and liveries but requires a fair bit of user effort to install,  well worth it imo.

I hope with the new UI of AIM this should be no longer the case, and with the new model update we released yesterday we got a huge performance boost as well within the Sim.

And AIG should work with FSHud as well.

Edited by Kaiii3
  • Like 5

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png