Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

RW Profiles GSX profiles will disappear from fs.to Sept 1

17 minutes ago, AndyCYXU said:

now if you want their profiles you will have to pay them via Patron

All their profiles are released for free. Subbing to Patreon just gets you 48 hour early access before the general public, and able to test their WIP profiles.

Higher tiers let you request a profile, which will still be released for free for everyone once it is finished.

Maybe actually read the page before lying about it.

They are not switching to Patreon only. Their profiles will always be free

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 3

I'm thinking their profiles will be distributed via the iniBuilds launcher, or ini is just helping them out with distribution some how.

Just based off this here from ini's instagram:
ySCxRjR.png

Edited by Tuskin38

22 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

All their profiles are released for free. Subbing to Patreon just gets you 48 hour early access before the general public, and able to test their WIP profiles.

Higher tiers let you request a profile, which will still be released for free for everyone once it is finished.

Maybe actually read the page before lying about it.

They are not switching to Patreon only. Their profiles will always be free

yeah sure, i believe it if I see it all I see now is they just want money for it NOTHING nowhere says they are somewhere for free

1 hour ago, AndyCYXU said:

yeah sure, i believe it if I see it all I see now is they just want money for it NOTHING nowhere says they are somewhere for free

It says in their leaving flightsim.to post that they're currently posted on their Discord, which is true (and FREE). They're also still available on flightsim.to until September 1st.

https://www.rwprofiles.com/post/rw-profiles-severing-ties-with-flightsim-to

There's a also new distribution plan being announced Friday as a replacement to flightsim.to. So please, stop with your nonsense, you have no evidence.

JmSVr2H.png

I'm in their Discord server, all their GSX profiles are here, free to download just like their website says. They are not locking their profiles behind a paywall.
WvSh9u8.png

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, AndyCYXU said:

Feel entitled much?

I think before you lampoon these guys for the heinous personal insult of not providing free stuff to you in the manner in which you've become accustomed, it would be appropriate for you to publish a list of all the things YOU have contributed to the community for free, you know, to establish your standing as something other than, how did you put it...ah, yes, a hypocrite.

Not that there's anything wrong with asking for compensation for the work one does, but let's see what actually shakes out here.  In any event, the acrimony is really uncalled for.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

19 hours ago, Bob Scott said:

Feel entitled much?

I think before you lampoon these guys for the heinous personal insult of not providing free stuff to you in the manner in which you've become accustomed, it would be appropriate for you to publish a list of all the things YOU have contributed to the community for free, you know, to establish your standing as something other than, how did you put it...ah, yes, a hypocrite.

Not that there's anything wrong with asking for compensation for the work one does, but let's see what actually shakes out here.  In any event, the acrimony is really uncalled for.

HERE FOR YOUR INFORMATION a lot more work then stupid GSX profiles and I do not start a war with flightsim.to over NOTHING and i do not even count the P3D freeware I made, compared to few lousy GSX files FFS and cries cause they don't like the website design get a life ! So yeah the work I have provided for FREE and not crying about flightsim.to great site and hide behind the paywall is mountain larger then few GSX profiles.

You are CEO great job running avsim to the ground nobody even uploads almost anything here anymore to the 80's site

https://ibb.co/5xfTLgL

In addition I do not even use their lame profiles just was wondering what their crying was all about, 

Edited by AndyCYXU
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Bob Scott said:

Feel entitled much?

Bob, please publish a list of efforts YOU have made to reach out and host these GSX profiles here on Avsim.

Remember the good old days when people did this sort of community work for FREE, and post it on Avsim?. Now making GSX profiles seems to involve "discussing contracts". Beam me up, Scotty!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BMIBaby said:

ob, please publish a list of efforts YOU have made to reach out and host these GSX profiles here on Avsim.

Remember the good old days when people did this sort of community work for FREE, and post it on Avsim?. 

Why, in Heavens, should Avsim reach out to any freeware dev to host their files ? The Avsim library is very well known, anybody can come and upload. What has changed since what you call the good old days ? 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

4 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

What has changed since what you call the good old days ? 

The CEO of a platform built on free, shared work for the community coming down on the side monetisation and 'compensation'. 

6 minutes ago, BMIBaby said:

The CEO of a platform built on free, shared work for the community coming down on the side monetisation and 'compensation'. 

Then what ?  Whats wrong ? The payware cottage industry has contributed big time to this hobby at least as much as the freeware. Monetisation and compensation are beneficial to all of us.

And if there was something unfortunately carried over from the 'good old days' it is the freeloader mentality of some.

• Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

6 hours ago, AndyCYXU said:

and hide behind the paywall

Their profiles are not locked behind a paywall. Stop spreading misinformation. 

2 hours ago, BMIBaby said:

coming down on the side monetisation and 'compensation'. 

RW Profiles Patreon is optional. You're not forced to pay for their profiles.

Edited by Tuskin38

4 hours ago, BMIBaby said:

Bob, please publish a list of efforts YOU have made to reach out and host these GSX profiles here on Avsim.

Remember the good old days when people did this sort of community work for FREE, and post it on Avsim?. Now making GSX profiles seems to involve "discussing contracts". Beam me up, Scotty!

Not in our charter.  We provide the platform, we don't go out soliciting for content.

And last I checked, RW Profiles is indeed doing the work for free, despite the crybaby wailing about fake news.

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

2 hours ago, BMIBaby said:

We applaud and actively support the work of freeware creators here.  We ALSO applaud the work of those creators who do their work commercially.  Both groups (and they are not mutually exclusive) have contributed greatly to make the state of flight simulation what it is today.

Compensation is not a dirty word.  We are, after all, not communists.

• Upvote 3