Sign in to follow this  
Hyper14

Reverse thrust problem

Hi, so I’ve had msfs2020 for a while and so far it was very good👍🏼. While landing tho, I noticed that even if the reverse thrust is at maximum power, it doesn’t slow the aircraft too much. I mean if I activate the spoilers and the reverse thrust at maximum and don’t use the normal brakes, the plane goes off the runway, which I know it’s not realistic at all. The only way for me to prevent that is by using the regular brakes with reverse and spoilers. Do you know if it is a glitch, or can I fix this somehow?

Edited by Hyper14

7 hours ago, Hyper14 said:

All of them 🙂

Sorry friend. Only a few of the default aircraft have thrust reversers. Specifics?

-B

Well, all the aircraft that have reverse thrust have this problem. It also happens with the pmdg 737-900 and the flybywire a32NX

The brakes of an airplane are mainly used to slow it down until it comes to a complete stop. Reversers can be used to further reduce the landing roll, which improves the effectiveness of the brakes. To calculate landing distance, we use charts that take into account the brake settings and some credit for the use of reversers. However, this credit is minimal compared to the actual braking provided by the manual or auto brakes. It's worth noting that the effectiveness of the reversers varies between different aircraft, so it's not a one-size-fits-all solution. 

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

1 hour ago, Hyper14 said:

Well, all the aircraft that have reverse thrust have this problem. It also happens with the pmdg 737-900 and the flybywire a32NX

Try assigning a button on your stick, yoke or throttle to 

‘Hold throttle reverse thrust’.

When you press and hold that button down your throttle will control the amount of reverse thrust you are applying.

When you release the button your throttle will go back to normal thrust.

Works on the PMDG 737, Kodiak 100, Carenado PC12, etc.

…….but not the PMDG DC6.

A lot of planes will not necessarily stop on the runway with only thrust reverse, especially if your landing is not properly on-speed. Think of reversers like a spoiler on a race car. Yes, it will improve grip but if your tires are made out of grease, you're still not going to make that corner. 😉

This is true in real life as well, btw.