Sign in to follow this  
Shomron

ifly 737 Max

So... I'm back to P3D after about a year on MSFS. Taking a break and exploring new stuff release like the ifly 737 Max.

The plane is great but the sound pack that comes with it is not so good (especially the external sounds). Does anyone have a recommndation for a sound pack like TSS or immersive audio? I saw on simmarket a couple like Skysonic and Adhoc simulations but none have preview videos of the sounds.. Doesn't make sense...

Also, I've noticed button animations in the VC are not smooth (maybe I'm comparing to PMDG). I could not find anything reported in the ifly forum so maybe it's just me.

Aside from that great plane!

Appreciate any feedback

• Like 1

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

Can’t speak to the sound packages as I’ve been content with the stock sounds. Curious what others think about some of the payware options out there.

I haven’t noticed any issues with the buttons in the VC. Is there a particular button that you are noticing the issue with? I’ve got both the ifly max and pmdg ngxu so I could compare them and let you know if I have the same issue.

I would ask on the ifly forum about it as I’ve found them to be responsive to user concerns/questions.

Agree with you, it is a great plane.  

• Like 1

Orman

Any word if this will be available for P3dV6?

5 hours ago, dbw1 said:

No new statement since the their last update they are first focusing on MSFS

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

On 9/20/2023 at 11:26 PM, Shomron said:

So... I'm back to P3D after about a year on MSFS. Taking a break and exploring new stuff release like the ifly 737 Max.

The plane is great but the sound pack that comes with it is not so good (especially the external sounds). Does anyone have a recommndation for a sound pack like TSS or immersive audio? I saw on simmarket a couple like Skysonic and Adhoc simulations but none have preview videos of the sounds.. Doesn't make sense...

Also, I've noticed button animations in the VC are not smooth (maybe I'm comparing to PMDG). I could not find anything reported in the ifly forum so maybe it's just me.

Appreciate any feedback

What is your sound reference you are using?  The stock sounds are great in my opinon.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dbw1 said:

Its not supported nor has IFLY come out saying that it willl be.  One of the reasons I haven't gone to V6, more third party devs have moved on.

I heard they have a problem with magnetic variation not being correctly taken into account on P3dv5 at least, causing weirdnesses in the ND (?)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

On 9/20/2023 at 5:30 PM, okupton said:

Can’t speak to the sound packages as I’ve been content with the stock sounds. Curious what others think about some of the payware options out there.

I haven’t noticed any issues with the buttons in the VC. Is there a particular button that you are noticing the issue with? I’ve got both the ifly max and pmdg ngxu so I could compare them and let you know if I have the same issue.

I would ask on the ifly forum about it as I’ve found them to be responsive to user concerns/questions.

Agree with you, it is a great plane.  

1 hour ago, kflight said:

What is your sound reference you are using?  The stock sounds are great in my opinon.

I took the plunge and got the adhocsimulation sound package I think it’s sounds are much better. It also now on a 40% discount being sold for less then 10 euros.

• Like 1

Shom

6 hours ago, kflight said:

Its not supported nor has IFLY come out saying that it willl be

That's false, they indicated they will get to it after MSFS.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, CO2Neutral said:

I'd buy for V6.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/23/2023 at 12:11 AM, CO2Neutral said:

You are correct but based on this article that seems like long way off considering we don't know where they are at with the MSFS version.

https://fsnews.eu/ifly-announces-their-b737-will-not-be-compatible-with-prepar3d-v6/

Also a Dev commented on a MSFS forum

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/ifly-737-max-update/608439

P3Dv6 are on in for a long wait I think.

In my mind when a dev says they’ll get back to P3D after their MSFS projects are done is a roundabout way of saying “forget about it.” 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Vic green

On 9/20/2023 at 4:26 PM, Shomron said:

Appreciate any feedback

Hi!

Default iFly 737 MAX has built in sound pack from Immersive Audio, and I was a developer. What issues you have with external engine sounds if I can ask? I compared external sounds pitch, attenuation and frequencies with numerous taxiing and takeoff videos, and it's practically spot-on. Recording quality wise, it is what it is, our partner couldn't get any closer to the plane when recording the engine sounds.

But of course, as with any sound package out there, we can't match the sound preference for every simmer. Some love cabin sound experience, some love muffled with a lot of bass, others love to hear the exact match of the engine sounds how it sounds from the flight deck. And even then, 5 pilots will give you different feedback how it sounds, as, you know, some are wearing headphones, even noise cancelling, some are not, but are concentrating to flows and procedures. Many variables in the game.
I have to rely on numerous audio recordings from the real flight deck, and use my experience about how sound is behaving in various spaces, and lastly use logic to process the sounds and implement them.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Pe11e
  • Like 2

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

3 hours ago, Pe11e said:

Hi!

Default iFly 737 MAX has built in sound pack from Immersive Audio, and I was a developer. What issues you have with external engine sounds if I can ask? I compared external sounds pitch, attenuation and frequencies with numerous taxiing and takeoff videos, and it's practically spot-on. Recording quality wise, it is what it is, our partner couldn't get any closer to the plane when recording the engine sounds.

But of course, as with any sound package out there, we can't match the sound preference for every simmer. Some love cabin sound experience, some love muffled with a lot of bass, others love to hear the exact match of the engine sounds how it sounds from the flight deck. And even then, 5 pilots will give you different feedback how it sounds, as, you know, some are wearing headphones, even noise cancelling, some are not, but are concentrating to flows and procedures. Many variables in the game.
I have to rely on numerous audio recordings from the real flight deck, and use my experience about how sound is behaving in various spaces, and lastly use logic to process the sounds and implement them.

Hope this helps.

Hey thanks for your reply didn’t know you developed the sound set. I pretty much own every product you ever released 😁.

In the case of the max I find the sounds of the cockpit buttons and engine more convincing but you are right that in the end run it’s a matter of taste.

• Like 1

Shom