Sign in to follow this  
GEKtheReaper

Fenix2GSX - wrong PAX?

Simple question: Fenix2GSX used to load up the plane exactly as instructed via Simbrief. Lately it simply won't do it correctly e.g. I select 175 PAX via Simbrief, ACFT gets loaded with only 165 PAX and the Loadsheet says +3 :O.

Anybody experiencing this?

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

On 9/26/2023 at 2:42 AM, GEKtheReaper said:

Simple question: Fenix2GSX used to load up the plane exactly as instructed via Simbrief. Lately it simply won't do it correctly e.g. I select 175 PAX via Simbrief, ACFT gets loaded with only 165 PAX and the Loadsheet says +3 :O.

Anybody experiencing this?

No issues at my end just tried  using  175,  only  thing  i can  think off  is  to make  sure  you  start fenix2gsx   first before  you start  the  sim

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Sure that it has an option to randomise it slightly, might want to double check that isn't turned on.....

.... although if it's consistently at 165 then idk. I'm rarely that full tbh, just take what my VA puts the load at.

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

1 hour ago, Gazzareth said:

Sure that it has an option to randomise it slightly, might want to double check that isn't turned on.

there is  no such option  in  the fenix2gsx menu

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

There's an option to randomize the passenger numbers. I actually thought it was in the Fenix2GSX menu, but cannot find it. Maybe it's in the Fenix EFB somewhere? I remember seeing it...

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

44 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

there is  no such option  in  the fenix2gsx menu

You're wrong .. ..

@anden145 Show the Fenix2GSX menu, at the bottom of "Service Calls" ..

spacer.png

G

• Like 1

edit 🙂

Edited by pete_auau

Peter kelberg

19 minutes ago, Gazzareth said:

You're wrong .. ..

nope not  really,  on my  menu  i dont  have  that option at all,  so the op  might  be  the  same  version  that i have 

even  in this  utube  he  hasnt  got  it  either

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LqU3Yqzoo0&t=74s

Capture.png

🙂

Edited by pete_auau

Peter kelberg

45 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

nope not  really,  on my  menu  i dont  have  that option at all,  so the op  might  be  the  same  version  that i have  🙂

Guess we can't all run the latest version 🤣😂🤣

Your YouTuber released that video on 21/06 - there's been a few updates since then...

G

Edited by Gazzareth
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, anden145 said:

Interesting. I thought it was in Fenix2GSX, but I wasn't at home at was suddenly unsure, when I looked at their own website, which contained a screenshot of their app - which apparently isn't updated as well... 

Lol, yeah spotted that as well. Looks like the option to randomise came in on the last version. It's in the notes, but the screenshot is from a previous version..

G

Thank for posting this question... I missed the other thread and had never even heard of this addon before. Installed it a little bit ago and wow... What a fantastic program.

I often wondered why GSX didn't operate exactly like this. Everything is in Simbrief, just do it.

I even managed to set up the addon linker so that the mobiflight and Fenix2GSX only load if I select the Fenix as the airplane. Love this.

• Like 2

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

GONE BOATING - It's like fishing, but with a clean deck.

47 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

Thank for posting this question... I missed the other thread and had never even heard of this addon before. Installed it a little bit ago and wow... What a fantastic program.

I often wondered why GSX didn't operate exactly like this. Everything is in Simbrief, just do it.

I even managed to set up the addon linker so that the mobiflight and Fenix2GSX only load if I select the Fenix as the airplane. Love this.

I agree. The developer of Fenix2GSX has filled a hole that should be included in so many other programs. It confuses me why big developers like PMDG and FENIX build these complex aircraft but don't take the extra bit of time to connect it to software like GSX that so many people use. The developer of Fenix2GSX has created a super simple program that does this...and its free which is great. Just makes you wonder why the big developers don't do the same.

I know FSLabs did...the integration into GSX was great. I wouldn't expect it from PMDG because...well, its PMDG and they always know best. But I hope the people at Fenix have seen this app and could maybe adopt it into their code.

Edited by KL Oo

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

2 hours ago, KL Oo said:

I know FSLabs did...the integration into GSX was great. I wouldn't expect it from PMDG because...well, its PMDG and they always know best. But I hope the people at Fenix have seen this app and could maybe adopt it into their code.

Pretty sure I've seen the developer of Fenix2GSX hanging around on the Fenix Discord - would definitely be good if they could.... would love it if PMDG would as well, but somehow doubt that !!..

On 9/28/2023 at 12:12 PM, pete_auau said:

No issues at my end just tried  using  175,  only  thing  i can  think off  is  to make  sure  you  start fenix2gsx   first before  you start  the  sim

It's always doing some weird stuff even is starting before the sim or at the main screen as instructed.

On 9/28/2023 at 12:52 PM, Gazzareth said:

Sure that it has an option to randomise it slightly, might want to double check that isn't turned on.....

I do have it turned on on it's default of 2,5% per seat but it still send wrong messages e.g.

- the initial Loadsheet says 175 PAX.

- Fenix2GSX randomized it to 173 PAX (which is ok BUT)

- on the final Loadsheet it says 173 +1 PAX (which is bs because it should say 173 (-2 PAX)

The above is with the latest 0.3.4!

Version 0.3.3 always loaded 165 PAX!

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech