Sign in to follow this  
Manny

PMDG 744X is OUT!!!!

Bob-we understand and share your pains about performance. It was one of the important factors in our delayed release as well. Simply put, FSX needs newer hardware so users can gain the new features out of it. That's technology for you.We hope that we did a good enough job setting expectations, though, so that people will understand what their performance should be like when they purchase our product. Speaking strictly personally, I think you'd still gain a lot of enjoyment with FSX even on your hardware, if you apply care in tuning those factors out that can be viewed as "secondary" until the time comes that you update your PC.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

>Bob->>we understand and share your pains about performance. It was>one of the important factors in our delayed release as well.>Simply put, FSX needs newer hardware so users can gain the new>features out of it. That's technology for you.>>We hope that we did a good enough job setting expectations,>though, so that people will understand what their performance>should be like when they purchase our product. Speaking>strictly personally, I think you'd still gain a lot of>enjoyment with FSX even on your hardware, if you apply care in>tuning those factors out that can be viewed as "secondary">until the time comes that you update your PC.Hi lefteris,You have earned my respect over the years and I thank you for the countless hours of enjoyment I have had in the PMDG Queen's. The moving developpement target of FSX and Vista have created a much bigger mess for you than I. :) We keep hearing how ACES has moved much closer to the developers in a new age of co-operation. Well, I hope the marriage gets better. From a users standpoint it looks like a train wreck. :) Thanks again for your always helpful suggestions and I will be the first in line to buy the MD11! Bob..

Bob-just to set the record straight about ACES: They've been nothing if not helpful over the past two year period. I think that if an addon developer is courteous and respectful, they receive back the same level of respect and courtesy, as well as attention to problems that goes beyond expectations.That said, though, they're also only human and they're also running tight schedules, so they can't please everyone, even though they are trying really hard. The task of switching from a closed environment to one that supports all 3rd party devs has been gargantuan to begin with and it will naturally take more than one iteration to get the synergies flowing the way we all meant them to be.

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

I see that FSX SP1 is a minimum requirement for this addon. Does it work without issue with FSX SP2?Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Gary-if you mean the Acceleration Pack, yes - it detects and loads appropriate files based on that. FSX SP2 hasn't come out yet, when it does, we'll make sure things work as appropriate.

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Acceleration contains SP2...RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Standalone SP2 is different from Acceleration SP2.

Guest JIMJAM

Great company and have them all for FS9.Im going to pass though for anything else for FSX.Look forward to FS11.

Only in the sense SP2 will be available separately and lacks the "payware" features of Acceleration.Otherwise, they contain the same features/fixes.

That's not what ACES told us when Acceleration/SP2 was coming out. They stated that the SP2 that comes with Acceleration will be the same as the standalone SP2 released later.Having said that, I can see there are a few hiccups introduced by the Acceleration/SP2 release that could be patched up in the "real" SP2 release coming soon.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Phil has already stated the bugs created by Acceleration won't be fixed in SP2.

Yes, in another thread I just noticed. Well that being the case, time for ACES clean the slate and throw all resources at making our shiny new FS11!Gary

I kinda think I'm gonna skip FSX as well. I bought it, so I may try it out, but I'm so addicted to my complex aircraft add-ons and I don't see FSX performing the way I would like with complex planes. It too two computer builds before FS9 worked the way I liked, and FSX seems to be worse overall. I appreciate the service packs and interaction with the community from ACES, but for me personally, FSX isn't in the short-term (~2 years) equation.Obviously PMDG realized things weren't going as smooth or they wouldn't have decided to offer the MD-11 for FS9 again. The MD-11 is the one plane I've been looking forward to for ages, and I'll be one of the first to buy it.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

>Standalone SP2 is different from Acceleration SP2. Nope.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest akashic flying

I give up!!! I bought it but cannot download it. Too much traffic i guess. I am now on my 15th attempt to download- connection to server keeps being reset!! Very frustrating. Should have know better never to purchase a PMDG product on day one.