Sign in to follow this  
Manny

PMDG 744X is OUT!!!!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Great, I was just looking at the site 5 mins ago and thinking when are they going to release this! And now its available :)Can someone post some impressions/reviews/screens.

Hmmm the buy button doesn't work... so I guess they're still updating the site.edit: Ok the buy button works now! go get it :)

Looks great but man those framerates... not to mention the Euro, ouch.

It's only 30 euros for 2004 747 customers. I get 30+ FPS in the lvl-d 767 with my setting high and I have no doubts PMDG will deliver as they have proven them self time and time again!

With the LEvel D bird I get about 25-30 FPS, in the VC on the PMDG 747 I am getting between 9 and 12...I did go through the direction and did change some of the performance settings, but that didn't help much.

We'll, at least Avsim didn't crash this time :-)This is good news.If you're an FS2Crew user, I'll probably start the conversion process asap.Cheers,Bryan

Thanks for the highlight. Funny I was thinking about PMDG too tonight, then I saw this thread. And the same "smash thru the webpage" as in 2005. We're among the first to download it. With most (USA) everyone else asleep. So tomorrow pmdg downloads will be slower?:)

I must say, I *would like* to get it, but in the way FSX is performing, I don't see myself doing any serious flights in it. Maybe wait until the next major hardware update... If I can hold off buying it :)

How refreshing to be able to read something on here more interesting than complaints about 'Acceleration'?Well done Avsim ;-)Guy's please check the minimum specs before the whineing starts? LOL

I have FSX installed but don't use it. I got the PMDG 747 for FSX since some of the new features/fixes are also reflected in the 747 for FS9. Sooner or later I will start with FSX anyway, so...

Looks like I'll have to buy this before 2359z 31DEC so I can pick up that discount before it expires. This may force my hand with regards to a hardware upgrade :-)

For the first time since PMDG offered stuff for FS, I'm not buying it. FSX performance precludes that. I don't see $42 worth of upgrades; maybe initial users will find it. Bob...

Bob-we understand and share your pains about performance. It was one of the important factors in our delayed release as well. Simply put, FSX needs newer hardware so users can gain the new features out of it. That's technology for you.We hope that we did a good enough job setting expectations, though, so that people will understand what their performance should be like when they purchase our product. Speaking strictly personally, I think you'd still gain a lot of enjoyment with FSX even on your hardware, if you apply care in tuning those factors out that can be viewed as "secondary" until the time comes that you update your PC.

>Bob->>we understand and share your pains about performance. It was>one of the important factors in our delayed release as well.>Simply put, FSX needs newer hardware so users can gain the new>features out of it. That's technology for you.>>We hope that we did a good enough job setting expectations,>though, so that people will understand what their performance>should be like when they purchase our product. Speaking>strictly personally, I think you'd still gain a lot of>enjoyment with FSX even on your hardware, if you apply care in>tuning those factors out that can be viewed as "secondary">until the time comes that you update your PC.Hi lefteris,You have earned my respect over the years and I thank you for the countless hours of enjoyment I have had in the PMDG Queen's. The moving developpement target of FSX and Vista have created a much bigger mess for you than I. :) We keep hearing how ACES has moved much closer to the developers in a new age of co-operation. Well, I hope the marriage gets better. From a users standpoint it looks like a train wreck. :) Thanks again for your always helpful suggestions and I will be the first in line to buy the MD11! Bob..

Bob-just to set the record straight about ACES: They've been nothing if not helpful over the past two year period. I think that if an addon developer is courteous and respectful, they receive back the same level of respect and courtesy, as well as attention to problems that goes beyond expectations.That said, though, they're also only human and they're also running tight schedules, so they can't please everyone, even though they are trying really hard. The task of switching from a closed environment to one that supports all 3rd party devs has been gargantuan to begin with and it will naturally take more than one iteration to get the synergies flowing the way we all meant them to be.

I see that FSX SP1 is a minimum requirement for this addon. Does it work without issue with FSX SP2?Gary

Gary-if you mean the Acceleration Pack, yes - it detects and loads appropriate files based on that. FSX SP2 hasn't come out yet, when it does, we'll make sure things work as appropriate.

Acceleration contains SP2...RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Great company and have them all for FS9.Im going to pass though for anything else for FSX.Look forward to FS11.

Only in the sense SP2 will be available separately and lacks the "payware" features of Acceleration.Otherwise, they contain the same features/fixes.

That's not what ACES told us when Acceleration/SP2 was coming out. They stated that the SP2 that comes with Acceleration will be the same as the standalone SP2 released later.Having said that, I can see there are a few hiccups introduced by the Acceleration/SP2 release that could be patched up in the "real" SP2 release coming soon.Gary