Sign in to follow this  
V1ROTA7E

Reshade works with FG

Not sure if you guys knew, care, or use it already, but Reshade does work with Frame Generation. I was avoiding trying it because I was under the impression that they were incompatible. Just gave it a shot again today, and it works! Really well, I might add; no crashing, hiccups, or anything funny. After I installed it, I did delete all of my Nvidia shaders, just to be safe. Using a 4090 and HDR monitor, I did not notice any performance degradation at all. Some of the presets are a bit "meh" and overly cinematic, but you can dial them in to your liking. I'm not a fan of using G-Force Experience since it's mostly another bloat program.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Here are some comparison shots:

Before

Microsoft_Flight_Simulator_10_26_2023_14

After

Before

After

Edited by V1ROTA7E
  • Like 2

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

1 hour ago, V1ROTA7E said:

Not sure if you guys knew, care, or use it already, but Reshade does work with Frame Generation. I was avoiding trying it because I had a CTD when using it with FG. Just gave it a shot again today, and it works! Really well, I might add; no crashing, hiccups, or anything funny...

Maybe it was just one of those random CTD's a lot of us seem to get occasionally.  The sim has been a lot more stable over the last few months though.  I can't remember my last CTD.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

Maybe it was just one of those random CTD's

I was under the impression that frame gen and reshade were incompatible. They must have been at some point, but it is obviously working now.

2 hours ago, Booms said:

Can you post your Reshade settings?

I am using this one as a base: https://flightsim.to/file/61719/actual-realistic-reshade

I turned down the saturation to 0.635.

I also enabled "Apply LUT" and under LUT file name I used Final Light's. It's the rainbow .png below. Just drop it in your shader/texture folder.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

3 hours ago, V1ROTA7E said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

A little melodramatic, but very moody!

The two 'after' shots are far better than the 'before' ones, IMO. Glad you discovered FG and ReShade are compatible.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Hi, how are you sure it's working? I don't see any FPS counters. I've tried Reshade as of a few weeks ago and it wasn't working with FG for me. I had to goto another tool called DWNLut (lauralex/dwm_lut: Apply 3D LUTs to the Windows desktop for system-wide color correction/calibration (github.com)). This applies color correction similar to Reshade LUTs at the display level.

24 minutes ago, sttovo said:

Hi, how are you sure it's working? I don't see any FPS counters. I've tried Reshade as of a few weeks ago and it wasn't working with FG for me. I had to goto another tool called DWNLut (lauralex/dwm_lut: Apply 3D LUTs to the Windows desktop for system-wide color correction/calibration (github.com)). This applies color correction similar to Reshade LUTs at the display level.

And why not simply using the nVIDIA Filters? I am also no big fan of Geforce Experience, but you can configure GE as such that it does not interfere with anything and still use the filters. Hassle free (except that you have to re-configure your filters from scratch each time you update the driver). 

• Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

2 minutes ago, AnkH said:

And why not simply using the nVIDIA Filters?

Some people just don't like all the bloat that comes with installing GE on their PC.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

45 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

Some people just don't like all the bloat that comes with installing GE on their PC.

What bloat?

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

23 minutes ago, Alvega said:

What bloat?

• ShadowPlay
  • Shield Streaming service
  • Game and app optimisation
  • In-game overlay
  • Virtual Audio
  • NV Platform Controllers
  • NV Backend
  • Telemetry

And that's before the other components that Nvidia think are essential and bundle with the driver if you choose automatic/recommended install:

• Optimus
  • Shield Wireless Controller
  • Quadro View
  • Frameview SDK

Edited by F737MAX
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, F737MAX said:
  • ShadowPlay
  • Shield Streaming service
  • Game and app optimisation
  • In-game overlay
  • Virtual Audio
  • NV Container
  • NV Platform Controllers
  • NV Backend
  • Telemetry

And that's before the other components that Nvidia think are essential and bundle with the driver if you choose automatic/recommended install:

• Optimus
  • Shield Wireless Controller
  • Quadro View
  • Frameview SDK

I wouldn't call that bloat. You may not need some of those features, but many people do.

Just like ChatGPT says:

The categorization of software as "bloatware" can be subjective and depends on individual preferences and needs. NVIDIA GeForce Experience is a software suite provided by NVIDIA for users with NVIDIA graphics cards. Its primary purpose is to optimize game settings, update drivers, and provide additional features such as in-game overlays and video recording.

Some users appreciate the features offered by GeForce Experience, especially the automatic game optimization and driver updates, as they can enhance gaming performance and stability. However, others may consider it unnecessary or too resource-intensive, especially if they prefer manual control over their graphics settings.

It's worth noting that while some users find value in GeForce Experience, others choose not to install it and manage their graphics settings and updates manually. Ultimately, whether you consider it bloatware depends on your preferences and whether you find its features useful or not. If you find that you don't use its features and they consume system resources unnecessarily, you may choose not to install or uninstall it.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

10 minutes ago, Alvega said:

I wouldn't call that bloat.

OK. Many people do, however. They  choose not to install GE for the filters because there's no choice in whether or not to install most of those 'features'.

Features that cannot be left uninstalled and are unwanted are typically called bloatware. YMMV.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, F737MAX said:

Features that cannot be left uninstalled and are unwanted are typically called bloatware. YMMV.

Which is then true for many software then. Like Windows itself. I understand that people do not like all the stuff coming along GE installation, but you do not really need to use any of those additional things if you do not want to. Sure, you need to do some things manually, otherwise it is automatically turned on, which is annoying, I agree. But if people then obviously have hassles getting custom filters into MSFS by other means, they might still give GE a go.

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS